Forget old metal, how bout my nu metal ppl :-P

Best answers
Ok i saw a poll for favorite metal bands, but those are the founders of metal, now how about some of our rising stars tothe genre? personally i like a lot of new bands over metallica's stuff, or most of the older bands, merely because of their creativity and the unique sound to their music, which can't always be heard in a metallica, or megadeth sound, etc. Personally my favorite band is Mudvayne, 100%. (In case my sig and avatar arent obvious enough) No two of their songs sound alike, which is what i love about them, along with their odd melodies and guitar playing. Any nu metal fans up in here? and dont forget to vote! :rolleyes: :shocked: O_O

Best answers
Oh sick im so putting my Bands up there

Poison the Well

Best answers
I voted Hatebreed, Slipknot and Linkin Park.

Hatebreed, I just know them for "I will be heard" on the xXx soundtrack, but I love it

Slipknot baby! I love these guys! As a hip-hop fan, I usually suprise people when I start headbanging to Slipknot or System of A Down :D

Linkin Park... how can ya not love em? Sure, maybe they're manufactured, but their music kicks some good ass and that's where it counts baby! that's where!

INSIDE MICHELLE I WAIT AND BLEED! \m/ O_O \m/

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hammerfall and Dragonhammer. Similar names, different bands :p

*edit*

In fact, I'm gonna listen to Hammerfall - Hammerfall right now :p

-Karrde-

Best answers
/me stabs TC in the heart

You get a warning for talking about hip hop period kid!!! :p

hah seriously though, PTW is the best

Best answers
Rock sux.... the only good rock bands are limp Bizkit and that rapping guy from linkin park otherwise Rap Ownz.... :S

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Epedemic_Optikz
Rock sux.... the only good rock bands are limp Bizkit and that rapping guy from linkin park otherwise Rap Ownz.... :S
Was all of that really necessary? There is no call for flaming, be it to people or the things that they enjoy. You could have rephrased it so it didn't make you sound so bad at least.

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EO: Never call Limp Bizkit rock again, ok? It degrades everything I hold sacred.

My vote. 100% MuDvAyNe.

Lid

L
i aint voting til some admin puts Disturbed in there, no i'm nopt saying other, Disturbed deserve to be in the poll.

Best answers
really like limp bizkit and linkin park, also like PUM and so many other bands..just cant name them,

also like rap, i dont think yall know eXtince <---That guy ROCKS!

Lid

L
Limp aint NuMetal, they were alt rock, then they were rap rock, and now that they lost wes they're just ghey.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really don't like to label music NuMetal or classic metal or whatever... I'm not even sure that some of those are new metal.

I am going to vote for other and say Iron Maiden. I don't care if they aren't new metal but they kick it anyways... (I'll vote for some of the others up there too, i guess... like Avenged Sevenfold, Godsmack and Disturbed)

Best answers
Limp *****kit are some lame ****. I like rap-rock, would you classify that as nu metal? or some of it? I like Kid Rock and Run DMC :) Transplants too.

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*wonders how some bands like LP are considered metal?*

I like LP and all, but more than anything they're like anti-pop pop rock. And even though some metal is good, the best stuff is still old :p Metallica BEFORE the black (self titled) album (aka before they sucked), Slayer, White Zombie (aka why Rob Zombie's so good now), etc. All the best modern players have roots in 80's metal.

-Karrde-

Best answers
linkin park is good, as is disturbed (i liked their first CD more than their second.) Slipknot is good, and if you like slipknot you should like stone sour as well (Cory and one of the guitarrists' other band.) Mudvayne.... not so much but hatebreeds OK. I won their CD in this compotition. I Like most of the music up there, i like all metal. Limp Bizkit is a combo of rap, with a little bit of metal in there. Fred Durst from Limp Bizkit features in one of soulfly's new songs, which is another good metal band. I voted disturbed tho. Look at the poster on the wall in my avatar pic ;)

Karrde, i agree totally. Old metal is way better than new metal (see my other thread)
Also, has anyone ever heard of Zack Wild's black label society?(spelling?) They are AWESOME

Stalwart Assassin
✔️ HL Verified
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Linkin Park all the way!!! Rob Zombie isn't to bad either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom