For NVidia users with crashing problems

Best answers
If you're experiencing any kind of in-game crash in esf, and if you own an NVidia card, go to www.guru3d.com and download the 38.02 drivers from their archives; these are official drivers and they are WHQL certified, and they are the last driver release that was completely bug free. i did this last night and all my problems are gone. if you need details, contact me on AIM, FoolishCommander

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Mr. Satan
ROFL! 38.02 are VERY old drivers, current drivers are 44.03. Get the latest drivers @ http://www.NVidia.com
Satan, the latest drivers are buggy. That was the point he was making. I'd like to see more proof before I backtrack though.

They *are* WHQL certified though, so I'm not sure why you tacked that onto the 38.02 driver description.

Best answers
the latest drivers are extremely buggy, and if you read the fine print, they're only whql certified for the geforcefx cards. that means that they haven't been fully certified for geforce4 and earlier cards. trust me, i have had no crashes since i installed a few days ago

Best answers
Erm i checked both sites and version 38.02 does not exsist? give me a direct link to prove me wrong.

Best answers
umm 3.8 are sooo old i now have 4.4 drivers you can download them at the nvidia website http://www.nvidia.com/ they might be buggy but they are also better then the old ones or they would of had not brang them out

Best answers
lostsoul, you're missing the point. this post ONLY applies to people who have the current drivers and are having crashing issues. the whole point is that the older drivers don't have those issues. i'm not stupid enough that i don't know there are new drivers. they gave me trouble, and i moved back to older ones because they were rumored to work better, and whaddya know, this solution worked for me. it may not help everyone, but this is just one more approach to solving what has been an extremely annoying problem for me, and probably for many others.

seph, it looks like i was mistaken, the proper driver version is 30.82. i can't direct link it, but go back to www.guru3d.com and you'll find it in their nvidia drivers section.

i know the drivers are old, but i haven't had ANY crashes since i put them on my computer. once nvidia puts together a set of drivers that isn't buggy, i'll listen to everyone screaming "there are way newer drivers."

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
30.82 is the most stable release of the uni driver, but it doesn't support some of the newer cards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom