first try at a personal logo...

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
well yeah i want a logo for me, so i made this, i need crits, if its anygood, and if it works, if it isnt successful as a logo i'll be makin a new one most likely

Retired
Best answers
I wouldnt make the contrast like that. as in why letters in black and black in the white...normally an effect like that is quite good. as in a sentence with white letters on black background, and it gradually becomes vice versa.

however in this case I find it to be unreadable and a bit of a headache causer ;)

try making the drop of water (or yin-yang part, however you want to call it). blue maybe? without changing the rest.

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Make the text... a dark blue, add a thin dark blue border, and you got a winner.

Best answers
If i were you I would be going for a more sophisticated design...
I mean make your own kind of sigh. Like something in the trend of Prince...

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Hwoarang said:
Make the text... a dark blue, add a thin dark blue border, and you got a winner.
what do u mean? the whole text (so it doesnt change over the background) or the whole thing darkblue ><

and i see wat u mean Judge, thanks for the input, i'll try out both suggestions then u can decide which is best

btw, i wanna keep it simple :]

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Just the D and W, keep the ying and yang part, black and white.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
made 3 versions, which be best?

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah crap, I should have realized that dark blue wasn't the color to go with. I now suggest (after realizing how retarded I was being) that you use a lighter blue, and go with the first scenario.

eh... sorry about that -_-"

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
no problem, easily changed :] im open to all suggestions

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
That looks really good. Now, I know I wanna talk about that font :]

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
>< what about it? i hope u dont cuz i.... messed up, i flattened all the layers and accidently saved the whole thing :( so im gonna have to remake it all :rolleyes:

it doesnt really work for an avatar though :S not with this sig

brainfeeder
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
It might be the fact that it's rather large. If your going to use it as an avatar and keep your current sig (a good textured BG, with Chrono) it would look a lot better if you make it about 25% smaller. 75X75

Then match the blue you used to the light violet tint, to match the sig, because I believe that color repitition is something that grabs your attention.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
i love the two-tone effect and blue suits your initials. But you im just not digging the ying/yang theme, its much too generic and used these days, my only idea would be to experiment with shapes around you and you can come up with somthing much more unique, being a super cool artist as you are, it wouldnt hurt to spend half hour doodling on paper like i did, would it?, you could pop out somthing much more personnal like mine:

Basicly, just shovel a few shapes around and make somthing which seems to fit your name much more fittingly, it can do so much better for the overall style :O

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
thank you shijing :p, i did doodle this... but after ive looked at it for a while it seems to not be me :S, i think its the yin yang like u said, the idea is the "S" shape it creates is ment to be part of DSW.... but the more i look at it the less i like it, thanks every1 for the advice, but im gonna remake it/develop it more :]

Best answers
The yin-yang is a little cliched as an icon. It's a little impersonal because we know it has a complete context outsider your logo, and since it's supposed to be a personal logo... it doesn't really jive with the concept.

Were you to use it though, I really think it makes more sense if you go with your first idea. The yin-yang is about balance and harmony by taking your initials and placing them on top of the icon as a different color you seem to say you exist apart from the balance. I'm not sure if that's the message you want to send.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
ok, well i reworked one... im still not happy, but its another idea, lemme know wat u think :]

Super Saiyan Dabura
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
you have some bad azz ideas David
but I think you have to change "D" and "S" letters
to match the style of letter "W"
i think you know what I mean

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
hah, muuuuch better, by a large milestone. My only crit would be to edit the 'D' font to a similar font of the 'w', as dendza stated above. once done, teh lubblah \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom