First Person Blocking

Best answers
I'm not sure if fists and feet can be seen in first person ESF the way it is in other games, but I think it would be neat if the following feature was added.

In first person, you can never be 100% sure that you're blocking. Sometimes if you hold your block button after stopping from a swoop or something with an instantaneous follow-up, you don't always block. I think it would be neat if a little blue dot or shape popped up in the corner or around your crosshair if you hold your block button down in first person mode, so I can have added assurance that I really *am* blocking.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dunno about blocking but it would be cool to be able to see attacks being charged while in first person. Its not impossible. (look at counter-strike) instead of a gun you stick an arm or something.

Best answers
I'd like some indicator to make sure my character really IS blocking when I hold the block key down.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
3rd person mode will give you the indicator you're after.

Best answers
That defeats the entire suggestion. If I'm on the ground looking up at my opponent who is swooping down to knock me, I want to make sure I'm blocking. Third person would focus more on my back than my opponent.

All I'm asking is some small icon or image that appears near the crosshair or on-screen somewhere like a blue dot when in First Person mode.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what i think pain means is that you dont use 1st person.... sorry but how the hell can you play the game 1st person anyway o_O?

Best answers
He prefers playing in 1st person. What's wrong with that?
I think the idea is good, and shouldn't be hard to code in.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There are no models for first person mode. No hand animations, no cupping of the hands for beam attacks. I think if the team had intended for people to use 1st person mode they would have included something like that. I wouldn't be surprised if MechMod didn't have any first person models either.

Now the idea isn't bad. I just think it is a very very low priority to be worrying about. As I said before, if you simply must know that you're blocking play in 3rd person mode. I personally think playing in 1st person mode is a lot harder. It narrows your scope of vision and sprites for most things get in your way.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
I think an indicator would be good, maybe just a picture of a pair of arms crossed diagonally appearing above the CF bar.

I'm sure he already realizes the fact that there are no models, animations, or cupping of hands in first person mode, what he was asking for is a dot. It's kind of pointless to tell him to play in 3rd person as he obviously wants to play in 1st. Even if it is a low priority, doesn't mean it would take long to do, it would take a few minutes maybe.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you realy want a better way in first person play then they have to make the first person vs mode so you can see your boddy in 1st person.
i agree with cap j, they just nead to make the nimor detail in it just to make the 1sh person gamers happy. ^_^

Best answers
I actually don't mind not seeing any of my character in first person, but having a First Person VIS (visual) mode would be neat. :)

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Doesn't it defeat the purpose of first person if you can see the character?

The best way is to just add in some hand sprites and such.

Best answers
That's what I meant by seeing your character in First Person VIS mode. Not your face or anything, but if there are two First Person modes, that would rock. One would be where you don't see anything, just like it is now if you hit F5 (First Person mode). The second would be a First Person VIS mode; if you look down, you can see your character's feet. The view wouldn't be hard to do, it's just the standard model's hands, feet, shoes, and possible sprites. For example, a generic beam's right-click function could be your character cupping his/her hand to his right and a ball forms, kind of like holding a gun as suggested earlier.

Rocky87 said:
I dunno about blocking but it would be cool to be able to see attacks being charged while in first person. Its not impossible. (look at counter-strike) instead of a gun you stick an arm or something.
So no, it would not defeat the purpose of seeing your character - or rather parts of your character, just like in real life. First Person VIS is basically a more realistic First Person mode, as seen in other DBZ mods such as Bid For Power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom