• Pretty good/ Kind of good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Decent.

• Could use a lot of work.

• Total voters
Best answers
YAY! I just finished a music video that uses the new linkin park song Somewhere I belong. This is the first music video I've done in two years since my website was shutdown. I'm still kinda rusty. This one took me like 3 or 4 days to do (not straight, lol)

tell me watcha think!:p

Oh yeah, suggestion: This video opens very big in the media player window, so i suggest you make the media player window smaller so it isnt so pixelated!

EDIT: Whoops, heres the link:

http://www.angelfire.com/games5/catscratch/somewhere.wmv

Its 17 megs (long Download) make sure your willing to wait or you have cable/dsl or better!

Best answers
haha it was pretty good i like it haha took about 15-20 secs to dl but kool :p

Best answers
I had no idea my music videos were humurous!

lol wat i meant to say was that ppl without cable and dsl its long.

yeah i test downloaded it took me like a minute.
I just finished another video, but I dont have any more room on my account (its angelfire wat do u expect)

anyone not mind hosting some for me?

Best answers
It took me roughly 5 minutes to download this thing. Not everyone has broadband you know. :p

That was an okay video. I have a lot of suggestions and comments, but since I am sometimes long-winded, I'll give you the choice of hearing them or not. After seeing hundreds of them, I have developed my own opinion of what makes a great AMV (anime music video).

Best answers
sure, please tell me anything.

It's not my best, but it is better than some of my old ones. I do have a really old video that was made a while ago to the song Limp Bizkit - Boiler. I will probably post that, but can someone please host some of my music videos cause i just made another yesterday in like 30 minutes to the song numb by linkin park and i think that it is good enough to be watched.

please comment so i can make better music vids to your liking (i only do DBZ)

Best answers
Well, like making a film, there's a few basic things you need to keep in mind while you plan and create your video. Every successful AMV meets these requirements, I have found, so hopefully I'm not talking out of my ass on this whole thing.

First thing is a theme. In your video I saw a trend going with the appearance of Trunks. It seemed like a video that was certainly dedicated to him until the last little bit. Why add Piccolo in there? Or Android 17? Or even Goku? I was getting into the groove of watching Trunks, and the video seems to veer off in another direction after awhile.

All of the best AMV's choose a theme and make every furious attempt to stick with it. If it opens and many of the beginning images feature a certain character, then logically you should stick with that character until the bitter end, or at least keep coming back to him/her to keep the pattern strong.

Another thing is timing, especially in AMV's. After watching yours a couple times though, I found that you have a very good sense of timing. You have a good tempo, and you matched a lot of the action quite nicely to the song. The only bad thing I saw in this department was when you tried to make the illusion that Trunks was singing. I know it might seem pretty cool, and I know it takes quite a bit of skill to do correctly, but in a DBZ video I want to watch things blow and people get beaten to a pulp. Generally, I tend to shy away from videos that try to lip synch the characters. Except for the comedy vids. Some of those are good.

Finally, I have a small quirk with the overall video quality of the whole film. Taking scenes from all those different episodes was likely a troublesome task, but seeing so many transitions in quality doesn't make the video look as slick as it could be. Staying with your theme should help you with this though, since it usually involves taking scenes from episodes of the same quality.

After watching it a few times I have to admit you did an above average job with this. You have a lot of potential, and this is likely one of my new favorites. DBZ videos tend to suck, but yours has that "I want to watch it again" kind of thing going.

Make sure you post your next flick. I would very much enjoy seeing it.

Best answers
yeah, half my videos never have themes because i cant always get just gohan or just goku clips that go smoothly with the whole song. But, I finished a music vid yesterday in about 30 minutes. Its all gohan (by accident), but I need someone to host it for me.

I am planning on using most of the good songs in the linkin park new album "meteora" cause I can get some good ideas for videos with them.

Best answers
ok, can i really get someone to please host some of my music vids. Angelfire keeps suspending my account because of bandwidth limit.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was a pretty decent video to say you havent done one for a while. I'm really glad to see someone finally focus upon trunks, because he is pretty cool. Nice job, keep up all of the good work your providing the forums with

==============================

Yo, whats the song called in that video?

Best answers
somewhere i belong by linkin park

Can someone please host my videos. Angelfire keeps shutting down my accounts.

Best answers
Originally posted by Catscratch
anyone not mind hosting some for me?
would u mind looking at my sig? :D anyways...sure! ill host it. icq - 55911244
ummmmmmm.....i got msn [email protected] but i hardly ever use it so if u want to send me through msn ull have to tell me when any bla bla bla....
:D

c ya

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i can host it, unlimited bandwith..

also, i can encode it with divx or 3vix or Xvid... will make the file size llike 10x smaller and still good quality..

if u want me to host it, send it to [email protected]

Best answers
i cant send anything higher than 500 kb through excite. that is my only email account, sorry. if you could download and host thatd be great! or if u have AOL instant messanger I can send it to you.

Best answers
Originally posted by Catscratch
Its 17 megs (long Download) make sure your willing to wait or you have cable/dsl or better!

heh i dont need to download i click and i watch it was gOOD try freewebs.com

Best answers
that was actually the 2nd best dbz movie ive seen, and ive seen quite a bit

itd be best if the quality of the vid was higher and the shots with subtitles were gone

but those aside, you had it perfectly coordinated with the song and i now want to make a video, what program did you use?

Best answers
Nice, my only suggestion is keep making em!!
Plz check out <a href = "http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22833">MINE</a> and tell me what you think

Also, do you use windows Movie maker or what?

Best answers
i use adobe premiere 6.0. I started with windows movie maker. if you ever get adobe, you will love it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
have you got any more music videos out anywhere, these are probably the best i've seen and i love them :)

Best answers
Desent, not great tho. Doesn't realy have a theme. Low quality video. But good non the less.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom