First GH3 Footage Hits the Net!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I suppose he was showing off the more audible error sounds.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the impressions of people who played it, the timing is off... So it's probably not his fault that he got most the chords wrong.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who cares what it looks like? All I care about it guitar controller secksehness.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I was about Guitar Hero all the time.

Learn to play the real thing.

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Y'know. I'd understand people getting excited over something like say.. First GTA 4 Footage hits the net, or First Half-Life 3 Footage hits the net!
Guitar hero though..? I don't really notice anything that's drastically changed in terms of the UI/Gameplay (Which is good) but, is it really something to get that excited about?
Huzzah! GH3 Is coming out! I'm so pumped that its announced! I'ma watch some guy who plays the game badly in the first in-game video footage online!

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First thing I noticed is that the stage lighting is incredible, second thing is that the animation reminds me of claymation.

I'll still play it though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TBH, I don't want them to change a thing from GH2. GH only needed two things changed, a longer track list and easier timings with the Hammer-Ons/Pull-Offs. GH2 fixed this and it was much more playable. The UI was also perfect, giving you all the info you need and no fluff.

Graphics are pretty much irrelevant seeing as you don't look at them when you're playing.

So yeah, all they have to do per-sequel is make sure the game has 60+ good songs.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GHIII can't use any of the original code from GH or GHIII, nor the models. Harmonix, the company that developed GH was bought out by MTV, and Red Octane was aquired by Activision. Guitar Hero Encore: Rocks the 80's will be the last game that has Harmonix and Red Octane working together. Harmonix will move on to making Rock Star which will have 4 player support, and have Drums and Microphone in addition to guitars, and have backwards controller compatability. Guitar Hero III is being developed by Neversoft, who had to start from scratch.

Too bad, cause it won't be the same as GHII.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That confuses me, they're allowed to almost identically replicate the original, as long as they don't use the original code?

Also, has anyone seen the Les Paul Guitar Controller for III? I think it looks a bit simple and stupid, but apparently functions really well, and the roundness of the body makes it easy to hold. The Kramer controller looks better though imo.

I've got 2 SG's from the first and second game. I wish they'd bring out an official Flying V controller, preferably full-sized too =D

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I'd love a Flying V.

As for the game code, Harmonix owns the code, while Red Octane (and thus Activision) own the brand.

It was a messy divorce, but both parents got some custody of the kid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom