FireFox out of my life, go Google Chrome!

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Whew. Glad you finally got the OS you were looking for Skyrider. There was nothing short of peril and chaos while you had to make this important split decision.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't serious, sheesh!

People like you made my Web Design coursework SO much harder
You think you got it tough? Web development is my job, not to mention half our clients live in the stone age of IE6 so everything we build has to be IE6 compatible.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wasn't serious, sheesh!

You think you got it tough? Web development is my job, not to mention half our clients live in the stone age of IE6 so everything we build has to be IE6 compatible.
We were just messing with you. :p Seriously though, how many people still use IE6 these days?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Wait, what did I post, I cant remember. Seriously, what did I post?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We were just messing with you. :p Seriously though, how many people still use IE6 these days?
Surprisingly a lot, the penetration rates for home and personal use are relatively low but a lot of companies and major businesses are deathly afraid of upgrading any kind of software hence still using IE6.

What's even more fun is the relatively recent announcement that using IE6 was a major security risk and how you should not use IE6 ever, yet these same companies are still refusing to upgrade.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's even more fun is the relatively recent announcement that using IE6 was a major security risk and how you should not use IE6 ever, yet these same companies are still refusing to upgrade.
Break out your identity-theft/bot-swarm oven and let's make some corporate cake?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What's this crap? Chrome? Better than Firefox? I have a seriously hard time believing that...

After all, why would Rooster Teeth have made a joke about in in RVB Relocated?

*Sarge uses holo-chamber to create a fake hologram of Grif*

Holo-Grif: "I am officically the worst program ever made!"

Simmons: *scoffs* "Sounds like someone's never used Google Chrome..."
Now come on, you're pulling my leg here. Are we really going to argue with the guys who made Machinima (an entire storytelling medium) into what it is today? I know I'm not... *pets the flaming fox*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Now come on, you're pulling my leg here. Are we really going to argue with the guys who made Machinima (an entire storytelling medium) into what it is today? I know I'm not... *pets the flaming fox*
Either you're joking, or you're really into logical fallacies (this one's the argument to authority)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Either you're joking, or you're really into logical fallacies (this one's the argument to authority)
No, not joking, thank you very much. I'm quite satisfied with Firefox, and the consensus among the people I trust is that Chrome isn't worth the chrome it isn't made of.

You speak of authority, so I'm guessing you're making fun of my belief in the beliefs of people I trust. This is easily explained. The world is an amalgam of truth, lies, rumor, fact and nonsense, with each other above having their own convincing arguments. I once heard it said how terrifying it was to see a debate between a historian and a man who claimed the Holocaust never happened, because incredibly, both arguments sounded credible the way they were being told.

I've long decided that it's futile for me to personally look into the truths of everything, following every argument only to be torn, because I can't take certain measurements, I can't interview certain people, I can't go certain places, and neither am I so concerned about them that I would go out of my way. So instead, what I do is take everything I hear with a grain of salt until I come across an uncommonly brilliant person, or else an existing trusted source provides such information. Because face it, eventually you HAVE to take someone's word for it. It's simply not within your power to dig any deeper.

Such trusted sources are Michael Crichton, Rooster Teeth, and Robert "MovieBob" Chipman, although I tend to parrot the latter a bit more in terms of beliefs.

So no, I don't find taking a trusted source's word for it at all ridiculous.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You have no idea how hard I'm laughing right now. Thanks man, you made my day.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
No, not joking, thank you very much. I'm quite satisfied with Firefox, and the consensus among the people I trust is that Chrome isn't worth the chrome it isn't made of.

You speak of authority, so I'm guessing you're making fun of my belief in the beliefs of people I trust. This is easily explained. The world is an amalgam of truth, lies, rumor, fact and nonsense, with each other above having their own convincing arguments. I once heard it said how terrifying it was to see a debate between a historian and a man who claimed the Holocaust never happened, because incredibly, both arguments sounded credible the way they were being told.

I've long decided that it's futile for me to personally look into the truths of everything, following every argument only to be torn, because I can't take certain measurements, I can't interview certain people, I can't go certain places, and neither am I so concerned about them that I would go out of my way. So instead, what I do is take everything I hear with a grain of salt until I come across an uncommonly brilliant person, or else an existing trusted source provides such information. Because face it, eventually you HAVE to take someone's word for it. It's simply not within your power to dig any deeper.

Such trusted sources are Michael Crichton, Rooster Teeth, and Robert "MovieBob" Chipman, although I tend to parrot the latter a bit more in terms of beliefs.

So no, I don't find taking a trusted source's word for it at all ridiculous.
Although you activated Avenger's trap card, I'm thoroughly impressed with the progress you've made as an individual. High five to you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't DISAGREE that Firefox is better than Chrome, mind you, I just find his reasons for thinking it is to be pretty funny.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The advantage of chrome is it's a clean browser, it's pretty bare-bones (unless you load it up with addons) which is great if you're running a small netbook or PC or something (I remember a while back google was making it's own OS based off the clean design and architecture of chrome). There's nothing wrong with Firefox, and hell - if you're not a web developer there's nothing wrong with IE, Netscape or Safari. I personally use a variety of browers at home and at work (although switching at work is usually for work reasons.) cause there's nothing defining with each of them. I like a clean browser with limited to no addons so chrome works well for me.

But to say that because a web comic made a joke about chrome this must be a joke thread (backed up by a far too indepth analysis of...I'm not even sure to be honest) says you take internet a bit too seriously.

To each his own, as I said earlier in the thread, I know people who happily use IE6.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The advantage of chrome is it's a clean browser, it's pretty bare-bones (unless you load it up with addons) which is great if you're running a small netbook or PC or something (I remember a while back google was making it's own OS based off the clean design and architecture of chrome). There's nothing wrong with Firefox, and hell - if you're not a web developer there's nothing wrong with IE, Netscape or Safari. I personally use a variety of browers at home and at work (although switching at work is usually for work reasons.) cause there's nothing defining with each of them. I like a clean browser with limited to no addons so chrome works well for me.

But to say that because a web comic made a joke about chrome this must be a joke thread (backed up by a far too indepth analysis of...I'm not even sure to be honest) says you take internet a bit too seriously.

To each his own, as I said earlier in the thread, I know people who happily use IE6.
I said Red Vs Blue, not a webcomic. It's a Machinima, video. I have to question you a bit if you're not even aware of what RVB is...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Same ****, they animate stuff to make parodies and such. It's just in video format instead of ink and paper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom