Finger laser nerf

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A comment made by a very infamous Frieza user in another thread got me thinking.

Logan289 said:
against me...I GUARANTEE I will kill you with lasers even when you are at full health...or at least get you down to critical HP.
That seems a little lopsided to me. No other character can really do that much damage in such a short period of time. This is of course excluding large beam/blast spam and discs. At least with beams/blasts and discs there is a charge and travel time. The finger laser is an instant, unblockable attack with a rapid fire function that does practically the same damage as its primary function. I could be wrong about that but I tested it with a buddy of mine. I believe it went something like 6 - 8 shots normal fire to kill a Buu, 8 - 10 with rapid fire. That was at starting powerlevels where Buu has a higher powerlevel than Frieza.

So getting to the suggestion:

Make the primary fire do a little bit more damage than it does now. Also make it unblockable (as it is now).
Have the secondary fire do 1/5 less damage than that, and 1/5 less damage with each sequential hit after that. Also make it deflectable only if your powerlevel is substantially larger than your opponent.

For example, a freshly transformed Goku should be able to deflect a starting Frieza's secondary finger laser but not his primary. Please note that I am not suggesting that the laser be beam struggle-able or block struggle-able. Simply a deflection as if you were deflecting a ki blast (being that your powerlevel is higher).

Frieza would still have an advantage with his laser, but not have him godlike over everyone else in the hands of an experienced player. He would also retain his advantage if his powerlevel were higher than someone elses (as would be the case in the hands of an experienced player.)

So I believe this would help balance Frieza out a little bit while not really taking away from his strengths.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Man Logan is going to cry when he reads this. But I guess it would work. I would rather see the Death beam struggle other beams. I mean the damn thing was FREAKING strong but very tiny.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One point I would like to clarify before any confusion may or may not come up.

The deflecting part:

When I say deflected with a substantially higher powerlevel I mean something along the same lines as knocking away a generic beam/blast. You need to be around the same powerlevel or higher to deflect it without a struggle. This is the same difference in powerlevel I was thinking of when I was describing the laser deflection.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I wholeheartedly agree. I don't think it would be so bad, but Logan throws people, and then lasers them while their flying away. It can literally kill you when you have full health. It annoys me to no ends.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well one thing that could easily be done (and I already had done to a lesser degree) is just kill the damage of the laser while you are flailing through the air (such as after being tossed or meleed). Right now I think it does something like 1/2 or 1/3rd damage while you are in that state, but it could easily be shifted down to 1/4th or 1/5th to compensate if you guys really believe it's being over-whored. Perhaps they could even put a maximum damage cap on it so that only high power levels would be hindered. Lowering the attacks overall damage doesn't seem like the right way to go about it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with everyone here. It really is unfair that someone can do that much damage to you in a single throw by just aiming and firing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm, I was crunching some numbers and it seems I nerfed it a bit too much. I edited my first post with numbers that will balance it better.

I would also like to suggest a different firing method.
Instant fire is fine, but the traveling time should... exist.
Have the laser move at the fastest possible speed Half-Life will allow.
It's not much but I think it would be better. It would probably help with the coding of my deflecting suggestion.
I don't feel instant attacks have any place in this game, it doesn't seem right to me. The same can go for Piccolo's eyelaser.

That's just a sub-suggestion though. I would prefer a damage fix first.

Best answers
Hey, I think it's totally fair. If frieza lost his finger laser, he'd be fairly crappy. I mean, that's his biggest asset. If you weaken his biggest asset, he'll become one of the crappier characters.

Best answers
oh god be serious in the hands of the right person frieza is unstoppable wit that finger laser. i guess from wut u said i take it that u must be a frieza user urself the finger laser spammin is out of hand in esf now people only pick frieza to do that. it can basically take almost all ur hp wit one throw and wen they throw u u cant recover fast enough.

and so wut if it makes frieza a crappy character trunks like a crppy character wit no real advantages and he whipped friezas ass wit ease wo wut are u tryna say ;(

Best answers
I don't understand what your last sentence meant.
But I'm gonna guess you're saying Trunks is crappy, even though he should be an amazing badass.
I agree.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I am not suggesting we make the finger laser fire dew drops. I'm simply suggesting that we make it a little less cheap and abusive. It will still be plenty dangerous. The only thing that will change is Frieza players will have to work a little bit harder for their kills.

As stated in my first post by the quote from Logan, if a person so chooses, they can obliterate you with finger laser in one attack run. Does that seem fair to you? I don't think it is.

Once again, I am not suggesting we completley kill the laser, just dumb it down a little bit so that, if someone chooses to use it on you in that fashion, it may take them three tries to kill you instead of one. I suggested this in the interests of balance.

I understand Frieza users are not going to be thrilled with me, but come on people, let's be honest. It is cheap, and it should change. No other character can incorperate that much damage into their melee as quickly as Frieza can. It is not fair.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Im a keen frieza player and to be honnest, if you use fingerlaser while fighting somebody, it makes the fight amazingly shorter, im not really sure how much damage it does, but if i continually hit them with rapid fire after every melee encounter (which isnt hard) it absolutely owns them. I think that fingerlazer should fire as fast as possible and actually be a beam (with a beam head), but detatchable, i pretty much agree with everything pain said, but im not sure if taking the damage down with every successive hit is such a great idea, if somebody is stupid enough to stay in the same place after ive hit them twice with fingerlaser its their fault, if they havent got any ki, its just a similar situation as hitting somebody into the wall then ki blasting/generic beaming them while they aquire enough ki to get up. Point is, most good players dont get hit more than once or twice by fingerlaser unless you throw them because they know how to avoid it.

Best answers
thats true but throwing isnt the only way to hit someone wit a fingerlaser fully ive seen people throw and ive seen people knockback twice then do it while ur tryna recover. i think it should be turned down cus in friezas transed state ur basically dead if u get caught in a throw situation.

people who finger laser spam annoy me to no end they're everywhere you always seem to find one in every room and its jus too strong i havent played wit logan but ive watched him in spec so i kno hes good the things he does wit a finger laser would piss u off so much.

like pain said it needs to be dumbed down cus its way too strong

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*sets up a time bomb and blows up the thread*

No seriously...this is just cruel and unusual punishment, man >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom