Final Fantasy XII

Best answers
teh awesomeness :3 I've completed all FF games from 1-X2, now this seems amazing!

Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
I swear, the only reason everyone hates on 8 is because it didn't top FFVII like everyone was expecting. I thought it was a good game with good characters. Story was a bit odd, but not bad by any stretch of the imagination, and I'd much rather sit there and draw magic than fight battle after battle for EXP. I didn't need to take my finger off the button to draw, and if push came to shove, I could lock it down and get some food while I draw :p So yeah, I guess I am a die hard fan since I really liked 10 as well, minus no really getting to fly the airship. Leveling system was much more fun, and some of the mini games and side quests were nice. Also was very pretty, so that didn't hurt any.

-Karrde-
i wasn't a huge fan of 7 and i still thought 8 was utter crap. Crono cross was bad because it was the sequal to crono trigger and couln't live up(at least in my opinion), 8 is easily the worst rpg i've ever played, and i've played a lot of rpgs. But reall yother than 8 the whole final fantasy series is pretty good, its just been in a bit of a dip recently, and i'm hoping 12 will be a truly fantastic game, hopefully the new ideas that they are going to try won't fail miserably.

PS. any story with a sorceress from the future who time traveled to the present to ressurect a sorceress from the past is automatically a bad.

All we know so far is that it takes place in Ivalice, the same setting as Final Fantasy Tactics.
holy crap, i didn't know that, that makes me way more excited for the game. Tactics is probably my second favourite final fantasy(just behind six and above seven).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a princess, her prince dies in battle, some guy that everyone hates takes over (who might be evil), the princess goes rogue and becomes a warrior and meets up with your scrappy Aladdin-like street pauper main character. That's my best guess. God, I really wish he didn't look so lame...

I liked 8 a lot, and agree with Karrde... everyone was just too awed by FF7. FF8 was a solid ass game; most people were just too idiotic to figure out "junctioning."

I kind of liked FF9, nice return to the "old school", flying wooden ships and black mages with big hats and etc. Wasn't too fond of Zidane the monkey man though, but again... the game itself wasn't bad overall. It just sits in the shadow of the FF series.

Heck I liked 10 a lot too, probably more than those other two. The sphere grid system was a really cool idea, along with the ability to switch in party members mid-battle. Helped me avoid situations like in FF8 when I had 2 level 20 characters while the others were all 99... It's also nice to have a main character with a personality. Squall and Cloud's favorite lines were probably "..."

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why on Earth are you people excited about FFXII?

Did you guys PLAY the demo that came with Dragon Quest VIII? It sucked ass. Unless they did a MAJOR combat revision, there's no way in hell I would waste fifty dollars buying it. It's like a dumbed down version of Kingdom Heart's battle system, with even less interactivity..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alea you're DEFLATING OUR EXCITEMENT BALLOON. CEASE THE PARTY POOPING.

I haven't actually played it... but I trust the rave reviews enough... we'll see.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Are you kidding? You just sit there! All the movement in that little video is done by the computer! Your character moves/hits by itself. You enter "auto attack" mode--it's like FF11 or EverQuest.

The game is INSANELY boring. It has pretty graphics, which wear off almost instantly--trust me. Play the demo if you have any doubt. Reviews mean nothing.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Why on Earth are you people excited about FFXII?
Not to crash a party or anything, but nobody really cares about your opinion. especially to something round~~~

anyway, I plan to get this game, and try it out if I get my Dragonquest and try out the demo for it.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you don't care, don't comment. This thread is not labeled "Everybody loves FFXII" so she can share her opinion.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
If you don't care, don't comment. This thread is not labeled "Everybody loves FFXII" so she can share her opinion.
Like I said, I didn't mean to crash anything. I look forward for this game :x

Best answers
SailorAlea , that was a demo :).

Do you think they would have gotten score 40/40 if it was ****ty?
The combat is all up to you, allthou as said on the video, you should focus controlling only 1 character at the time. The one that adapts best for the type of fight. The rest will act on AI, heal you when neccesairy and attack when needed. You still controll either every one of them, or just one. You choose.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, regardless of how many good previews/reviews they receive. I've played a few of the older Final Fantasy games, and looking at this new game, I have to say they came a long way. The graphics look pretty nice, other than that, I don't know much about this game.

I apologize if my opinion seems biased.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I already got my copy pre-ordered so no worries about getting it when it does finally get released :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
I'm not a big fan of the Final Fantasy series, regardless of how many good previews/reviews they receive. I've played a few of the older Final Fantasy games, and looking at this new game, I have to say they came a long way. The graphics look pretty nice, other than that, I don't know much about this game.

I apologize if my opinion seems biased.

Your opinion? What opinion? All you said was they have come a long way :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
frsrblch said:
Id call that his opinion...
More of a fact than an opinion.

Anyways, the only way I'd play FFXII is if it came out on PC, and I doubt that will happen. Especially since FFVII and FFVIII were pretty much PC-failures.

Best answers
I think FF is getting out of hand. There are TWELVE of them now.. TWELVE. They are just starting to milk it now in my opinion. (And yes, I have played the majority of them.)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
...how can you milk a series that changes its characters, plot and systems each release? It's a formula that works (to an unbelievable extent) so why fix what aint broken?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kenny83 said:
I think FF is getting out of hand. There are TWELVE of them now.. TWELVE. They are just starting to milk it now in my opinion. (And yes, I have played the majority of them.)
Yeah, they seriously need to stop.

First off, they should go back and remake the classics, FF6 for starters (FF3 In the US originally). Then go down the line of the most popular ones, FF4 (FF2 In the US), FF7, FF8, FFT. Totally redo them. I don't think it's logical in a business sense, but for the fans it would be amazing.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally i'd rather they didn't remake. I don't want to replay the same 50-hour game with updated graphics when the original graphics contributed to the feel of the game. New releases > remakes, i'm especially excited about this new FFXI combat system as opposed to fixed turn-based battles.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
...how can you milk a series that changes its characters, plot and systems each release? It's a formula that works (to an unbelievable extent) so why fix what aint broken?
Pretty much sums it up. They aren't milking anything. It's just a name. It's a completely new game each time. Simply because it's set in a similar environment of a fantasy world doesn't make it the same.

Saying they are milking Final Fantasy is like saying Ubisoft is milking Ghost Recon because they made Splintercell. It's the same world down at the roots but it's a different game.

Why should the company producing the best RPG's with little competition stop making them? Simply because they choose to use the same name?

And on topic, I personally don't really care about FFXII. The combat system sickens me. It's like a one player MMORPG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom