Final Fantasy X-2

Best answers
Heyzz All

I was planning on buying FFX-2 for PS2 tomorrow any of you played it , is it any good and worth the money you pay for it ^^ , and do i need to play FFX first to understand the story or do i not need to ^^

Greetz
Maistro

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I like it, although some people don't. Guess you just gotta play it.

And no, you dont need to have played / completed ffx ti play this. Although it does follow on.

Best answers
A thats great now i can't wait to get it ^^ anymore guys ??

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, FFX-2 explains "ALMOST" all of the events that went on in FFX, but their are some events and characters who were left out, and not given any information of, also their are many scenes that will help your better understanding of Final Fantasy X-2.

Final Fantasy X-2 is fun, I have replayed it about 6 times now, the mini-games and side-quests are fun, especially the Hidden Accessories and Abilities you gain for acheiving certain goals. Also their are three Endings, which also required certain events
in order to have been unlocked.

If anything, what I mostly like about the game is the Music (Instrumental), The ones with Lyrics are good too, but unlike everyone else im not a big fan.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Final Fantasy X-2 is terrible. It's a horrible abortion of a game--they took everything bad from FF8, and FF10, added in a 'Lizzy McGuire' Disney movie, as well as Charlie's Angels 2, and called it "Final Fantasy X-2."

The characters totally change from the game which it claims to be a sequel of, and it has a disgustingly pungent "Sweet Sixteen" feel to the game. It's not fun, and combat takes a significantly long time. It's more an exercise of just watching the same "eye candy" over and over again.

I for one, have never liked the aspect of 'changing characters' in battle, or 'changing jobs' in battle. It defeats the purpose of their having jobs in the first place.

God, along with Final Fantasy Tactics:Advance, X-2 is just one of the worst games ever released by Square-Enix. They have totally lost their edge.

Best answers
^i agree. it seems to be a rushed job by a teenage cheer leader

Best answers
i have always been a big fan of squaresoft, but i have to agree that this game doesnt live up to my expectations. any game square makes will be good enough for me, but this game is rather hard as they try to mix up the battle systems too much and the story-line could use a little work. playing ffX (one of the best games ever) would be a good idea, but its not necissary to understand FFX-2

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Final Fantasy X-2 is terrible. It's a horrible abortion of a game--they took everything bad from FF8, and FF10, added in a 'Lizzy McGuire' Disney movie, as well as Charlie's Angels 2, and called it "Final Fantasy X-2."

The characters totally change from the game which it claims to be a sequel of, and it has a disgustingly pungent "Sweet Sixteen" feel to the game. It's not fun, and combat takes a significantly long time. It's more an exercise of just watching the same "eye candy" over and over again.

I for one, have never liked the aspect of 'changing characters' in battle, or 'changing jobs' in battle. It defeats the purpose of their having jobs in the first place.

God, along with Final Fantasy Tactics:Advance, X-2 is just one of the worst games ever released by Square-Enix. They have totally lost their edge.

Amen. Couldnt have said it better myself. I mean FFS, the intro is a consert where you see Yuna change from a summoner too a short skirted slut. Woohoo! YES i played it, and its something too look at. But when i comes too gameplay, its trash. Guess enix wasnt the best choice *cough*FFCC*cough* ~_~

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i thought it was a good game, when you can look past all the "girly" stuff in it, it actually has a fairly normal final fantasy storyline in there, the gameplay was just as good as the other final fantasies , just different, its not the exact same combat system that your all used to, so what, THINGS CHANGE, if squaresoft nver tried anything new youd be playing he same game over and over for all of eternity,

they brought the job class back which i belive originated in ff5, had real time combat, and had the unique mission sytem whereas all the other ff games were based ona linear storyline, like a train track, you ALWAYS had to do the same thing in the next game,

i wouldnt say ffx2 is the best game, but its far from the worst in the series, final fantasy 2, 5, and 9 are at the bottom of that list,

though-
ff8 so far IMO was the best OVERALL of the final fantasies, it had a storyline that was very easy to fall into, and great graphics, the gameplay was difficult at times, (as the enemies grew stronger as you did),

but storyline wise and only in storyline ff3 was the best, i still have my SNES cartridges of ff2 and 3, (if i had kept the packaging id sell em on ebay for 10x what i paid for them, but i dont,

Best answers
In my opinion ff9 wasn't as bad as it gets rated. Okay, it's fairly easy, but if you look closely it has a solid strong story, unique characters with there own unique skills.
FFX-2 isn't as bad as it looks once you get to know some of the story.
Some of it is rather strange and intresting, (i certainly wasn't expecting some parts like the strange character links)
But i think it could have done with more characters, not changing jobs in battle, and not to be given the option to play the game like "missions".
A one way road story with plenty of submissions keeps it ff.

Best answers
Seems like to me ever since Sony had to bail out Square because of FF Spirits Within, Square has been making games to try and appeal to the general public more and more than to the hardcore FF fans. Maybe its because they are trying to gain a larger fan base or maybe its Sony pushing them to make more sales, or maybe Square just wants to cut there own throat.

Am I the only one that seems to think that the better the visuals get in FF the more the story/characters suffers? Its like you only play to get to the next cut scene. As far as I am concerned visuals mean nothing in an RPG and should be put near the bottom of the list.

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Sephiroth_Renzo said:
But i think it could have done with more characters, not changing jobs in battle, and not to be given the option to play the game like "missions".
A one way road story with plenty of submissions keeps it ff.
Hell yea man. Id love to play FFX all over again. That would pwn.

The whole point of FF is the innovation. So im not surprised they changed it up for ffx2. Thats why i love FF games. Cause their all different in some way. Just cause they broke some lame ass FF "rules" dosent make it a bad game. FFX2 pwns just as much as every other FF game. So anyone who dosent like it obviously dosent understand the FF "spirit" at all. Its all about originality \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom