Final Fantasy 7 for PS3?!

Best answers
wow...

Thats all i could utter after seeing that

wow.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't get your hopes up guys, it's just a tech demo. Though it would be hella sweet if they do make this into a game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Already discussed and debunked in the main PS3 thread.

Please try and keep all of the E3 new system stuff confined to one thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FFS let the game die already.

ff7 was good but shouldnt be remade. if they do anything they should give us a final fantasy tactics 2. on a actual console not the gba crap we had

Best answers
FF7 is my all time fav game I really, really, really, really hope they they remake it D:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yippeeee!

A couple of things they could add aside from the graphical remake is inclusion of the analogue sticks (the first one was released before the sticks came about). And surround sound for those sexy cutscenes.

Best answers
That FFVII demo is annoyingly teasing... I think a remake would be great. It worked well for Metal Gear Solid.
Do Square-Enix seriously not relize how many people would buy it if they re-made it?!

Best answers
Yeah, I would sell my soul for a remake of FFVII. Also, yeah, they should include damn anologue sticks. It's so hard to play FFVII now, just because I'm forced to use the D-pad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hopefully they do remake it >_<

but personally if they were to do a remake, i'd love ff6 MUCH more.. that game had some rele great characters, a lot of different things u could do like the three party spit when u meet banon.. or seeing gau's rage in action.. sabin's BLITzs.. omg too much they could do with that game

Best answers
VivaLaPineapple said:
FFS let the game die already.

ff7 was good but shouldnt be remade. if they do anything they should give us a final fantasy tactics 2. on a actual console not the gba crap we had
I don't quite agree with you there. The game should be sent further into the new gaming generations, to live forever ;p. It's personally also my favorite game, and the best I've ever played. I played around it 7 times, and got a perfect save on the very last (Yes, I'm a geek), but I most utterly hope they finish the remake ;p.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
FFVII is so damn overrated... I knew after people saw that Tech Demo that there was goinna be big deals about a remake for PS3. I agree with Kong, if FFVI was remade for a console like the PS3, with 3D Environements and Player Models it would even surpass FFVII IMO.

Also I think FFX diserves more credit. FFX beats FFVII in so many ways but people are just too blind to see it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're all too young. If there is an FF game in need of a redux it's 3 (And Yes, I call it 3 on purpose).

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
G-Gear#666 said:
FFVII is so damn overrated... I knew after people saw that Tech Demo that there was goinna be big deals about a remake for PS3. I agree with Kong, if FFVI was remade for a console like the PS3, with 3D Environements and Player Models it would even surpass FFVII IMO.

Also I think FFX diserves more credit. FFX beats FFVII in so many ways but people are just too blind to see it.
I'm sorry, but I totally disagree with this statement. FF10 is about a "jackass Jock Hero whose father is a time-travelling space monster named Sin." FF10 took CG graphics over plot. Square Enix hasn't made a good FF game since 1997.

And the abomination that is FFX-2.. It's like they took everything bad about FFX, added in elements from "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle," a disney "Lizzy McGuire" movie, and a bucket of steaming ****, mixed it together, and called it a game.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I knew someone was goinna say that to me, I just didn't think it'd be you Alea :p This is my response.

Storyline
See, the storyline in Final Fantasy X wasn't complex, it was simple. The story wasn't really hard to understand. Meaning the storyline was bad or descent, it was good. And the ending was actually sad (for those that have feelings).

The only thing sad about FFVII was Aeris dying, and im kinda glad cause I cant imagine how useful she would've been against bosses like Emerald & Ruby.

Gameplay
The Sphere Grid was more efficient than the Materia grid in so many ways, I really dont want to go into every little tid bit. But lets just say there wasn't an unecessary amount of extended gameplay to simply max your Materia's. Not to mention you could choose which paths you wanted to take, you could observe and see if you want your character to go through strength, or to get more evasive first or have more magic points. It was a bit tactical, but in the end when nothing else mattered but defeating the boss you would easily complete the grid. Not to mention you get more items to fill up the empty nodes. I maximized all of my characters stats to 255, every single attribute, and done in less time than FFVII (In FFVII you had to morph certain enemy's to get more "Source" Items to increases your characters stats and it would take really long since you could only morph them while they were weak).

Graphics
Well... Do I even have to compare FFVII to FFX? Their worlds apart. Also many of the FMV's wered just better to some of the ones shown in FFVII. Some...

Sound & Music
The sound was obviously better than FFX, character voices weren't bad either (You cant bash on their voice acting anyway because for 1- It really wasn't bad and 2- It was Square's first attempt, just how FFVII was their first FF on the PS). The Music was great, you cant tell me you didn't like "OtherWorld". I bought the OST and it was nice.

The sounds were good, from foot steps all the way down to the shrieking piercings of your sword slashing the enemy.

Camera/Controls
The Cameras are fixed like in FFVII, however the controls are better, because with or without the D-Pad you moved freely, in FFVII they had some wierd thing going where your controls was fixed along with the Camera, and at times where you would first enter a certain area with a new Camera angle you'd have to guess wether pressing left will make you go up or if up will make you go up.

Also when it came to Sub-Bosses FFX was more challenging...

However, usually the comment that I get from FFX haters was "Tidus's personality". Everyone always tells me he was a whiny cry baby. FFVII did have some annoying traits about its characters. But hey, it was true to its characters personality. If you found out you just came out of a world that wasn't real, a world where you were popular, and you end up in some war-torn world that is being terrorized by a giant beast, you'd be pretty pissed off as well.

Auron was a cool character too, I think FFX diserves a better shot than FFX-2. They should make a true sequel to it and ignore the events of FFX-2 -_-

You cant really hate on FFX because of its "Sequel". The bad things about that game was the acting & the constant posing. The battle system there was better IMO, it was experimental but I liked the idea, the other thing I liked about the game was the Good & Perfect Endings and its Soundtrack, overall I think FFX-2's Soundtrack was way better than any FF's Soundtrack.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
even thou i have lacked playying final fantasy in the past , i wouldn't mind to see what ff7 will be like , as i'm a big rpg man , looks good so far

Best answers
Oh come on, obviously they're not remaking it. They made a point in the press conference to say "Look, guys, don't get excited, it's just a tech demo. It's not being remade."

I admit, it would rock, but it ain't gonna happen. And for the record, FFVII > FFX. Just my opinion.

Best answers
Fair enough if you like the game, but I don't appreciate you putting your opinion above other mine, and other peoples.

See, the storyline in Final Fantasy X wasn't complex, it was simple. The story wasn't really hard to understand. Meaning the storyline was bad or descent, it was good. And the ending was actually sad (for those that have feelings).

The only thing sad about FFVII was Aeris dying, and im kinda glad cause I cant imagine how useful she would've been against bosses like Emerald & Ruby.
Entirely disagree here. You seem to be saying that whatever story makes you more sad, is better. Which, surely you agree isn't true. To me FFVII was epic. It had very interesting character, and the way you go from helping a small rebel group to saving the world was amazing. FFX on the other hand, was too simple. You knew exactly what was happening from the start, and most of the game felt like "Hey lets go on an adventure to collect the Aeons!". The story only got decent towards the end, but imo that wasn't enough to make up for the rest. Imo, Final Fantasy games are all about the story, and so to me FFVII wins hands down.

After saying that though, I didn't hate FFX or anything. I thought it was a good game, and agree with what you said about some of the game play mechanics. Although it does appear you've tried to downplay FFVII's materia system by not mentioning the tactics behind combining materia. Also, FFVII's music is some of my favourite game music ever, but music has always been very subjective so I won't argue about it.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Blah blah blah blah FFX vx FF7 blah.

<h2>This is not a which Final Fantasy game is better thread.</h2>

Get back to the topic, because I will give out warnings if the debate continues to drag this thread off-topic.

Now, as for the tech demo, apparently Playstation had a tech demo with FF6 characters, and PS2 had a tech demo using FF8 characters, and neither of those had remakes on the respective consoles. So don't look too deeply into the tech demo.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I am going to go ahead and close this thread, if only for the fact that it answered the original question already: NO REMAKE OF FF7 IS PLANNED FOR THE PS3.

If any other mods seem to feel I shouldn't have closed this, feel free to re-open it. As for me, I'm going to go and try to wrangle all of these topics together into their respective 'main' threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom