Favorite Tekken Character/Tekken 5

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is your typical Fighting Game enthusiast thread, and I think you already know my answer to that poll. :] With Hwoarang, I believe you can incorporate the most devastating and constant combos, keeping your opponent a good distance away at the same time. When it comes down to it, I'd put money on me winning with this guy... and I'd like to hear from anyone a reason why I shouldn't. :cool:

Tekken 5 Intro:

mms://wm2.streaming.ne.jp/namco/sequenceacop_04-1.wmv

E3 Trailer:

mms://wm2.streaming.ne.jp/namco/tekken5-e3.wmv

This games looks 10x faster and smoother. If you want to compare the recent growth of Tekken to a Saiyan, Tekken Tag Tournament was Super Saiyan (better graphics, slightly improved speed) , Tekken 4 was Ultra Saiyan (speed lowered slightly, huge graphical improvement), and Tekken 5 looks to be Super Saiyan 2(both speed and graphical improvement balanced).

Also, with Heihachi Mishima dead, do not doubt the following... Ogre is the Final Boss. (If you didn't notice the last scene in the Intro)

---

I'll be adding more information as I get it (including release dates)

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a tie. Lei, or one you didn't name, WANG!

Best answers
omg stealer i had the original thread...

thread thief :O

Anywho, I recently decided to keep an open mind and while practicing I noticed Violet is, although a little on the ***gy side, a very good character. I think that namco pretty much made every single character invincible if you master them. Thats the beauty of tekken, every character truely has its own style and can be mastered to perfection.

My favorites have to go to Hwo, Vio, Steve, Law, and once in a while Jin, Eddy, or Brian :) I started playing tekken a lot as of recently, so I can give up a decent fight with any of them. My best characters though are Violet and Hwo.

Hwo, I needa meet you sometime and have a tekken\hwo showdown... my brother poses little to no challange anymore.

Also, tekken 5 is just going to kick ass. You should upload the links to the videos I had on my thread, just for the heck of it. I dont know about you Hwo, or anyone else on the forum, but Ive been going into a tekken frenzy as of late. Im glad theres atleast one person on this forum that seems to like it too.

Tekken > Life. (I needa get out more :|)

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are teh lose! No king, you die now!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KarrdeKNR said:
You are teh lose! No king, you die now!
I realized I couldn't include everyone, so I tried to go for who I figured were the most popular.

If I had to pick my second best character, I'd definately go for Kazuya. He brings fluid combos with an over-powering style. Hold up and forward, tapping kick rapidly, and you got a trump card if your opponent is trying to bully you.

Best answers
Hwo, that has to be the cheapest way to win a battle ever. That, and half of Eddy's moves.

Im angry that they took that move away from Jin though. That was one of his most popular moves, god dammit >_<

Best answers
Baek, I used to own my friend when we were in high school with Baek, he just couldnt stop me.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll play one of four people to death:

King, Hwoarang, Kazuya, Heiachi

I'll also play Jin alot, and dependant on version, Baek and Armor King.

KyoKusanagi

K
I play Brian, Bruce, Lei, Law, Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin (old and new), Jun, King, Armour King, Baek, Ganryu, Jack (all versions), Marduk, Paul and Lee but most of the time ill use Kazuya as my main character with the others as backups when i want some variety.

From time to time ill use Yoshimitsu but i don't know him that well.

Best answers
For me, the favorite is Lei, by far. The fluidity of his transitions from style to syle, combined with his deceptive moves, make him very deadly when used properly. Hwoarang is good when you just want to win, because no one can match him in reach and speed, and is my second used character.

Best answers
I've always been the master of Yoshimitsu. One oh his combos is just brutal, takes off like 80% of there HP. AND SWORD STABAGE! :D

Best answers
I've Always mostly played with Jim Kazama , and howarang sometimes. Not many different , don't like the others .

Best answers
Paul Pheonix is the man :)

Dam your Brian Kyo, you bring the pain with him :fight: Your Kaz isnt as good as you think it is, my paul split him in two last time.

Back on topic Paul Pheonix is the man, followed by Heiachi, Kaz and Law.
Trying to get the hang of Nina, any character that has a move where they kick the other person in the knackers is cool by me :laff:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I usually use hwo but yoshimitsu is too sick.. ive seen some guys go crazy with that guy

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Ofcourse my favor goes to Eddie/Christie, my best character(s) to play with, it's surprising how many people forget to block low attacks, and Eddie/Christie are excellent Combo Machines :)

My second favorite would be Steve, once you learn how to dodge and play with him properly you are hit to hard, and you can hit the opponent hard.

Best answers
Eddie is lame. Uber lame >_<! I swear -10 tekkenrespect points to you DP

Best answers
Usually i use Yoshimitsu for whooping newbies in total style :)
But playing a bit more serious i bring in Lee and Jin, or Brian and Heihachi!
The Capoeira style can be defeated if you constantly block and keep an eye on their movement for good times to strike :p

Pwns Mastasurf at TF2
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Eddie isn't lame if you know all of his little tricks. If you can put him into the spin where he keeps the combo going for like 15 sec, you can do a ton of damage. Starts out kicking low and spinning, spins up on his hands, swings around and kicks low some more. Really hard to pull off, and I forget exactly how it goes, but it's good if you don't get hurt during the hand spin which sets you up for the next bit.

And if Ediie's lame, Julia, Bryan, and Xiayou are lame too since thier combos go on forever too. Hell, one of Julia's is almost unblockable since it goes high and low a lot.

-Karrde-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom