Fate or Choice?

Do you think our path of life is layed out before us?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't Know

• Total voters
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to disagree ZariusZer0. I believe if you can focus on the fact that there is a "path" a "fate", that you can add to this to your level of confidence. I must reiterate for the 3rd time that I believe life is a lesson. Guidelines and situations will dictate what you think life should be about.

The fact is... there is no proof of where we end up after all of this... that mystery is what drives us. Take way the mystery and intrigue the thought of having a "fate" brings you, and you've lost touch with what your periodically creating possibilities for, in the first place

Best answers
Well, i agree that there is a path, but i think it leaves plenty of room to move on. More like a bunch of different paths with similar endings. Kinda like if you took a walk through the woods, and there's a fork in the path. Everytime you make a major decision, you choose which direction to take. The little decisions are more like how you cross over the rough terrain of life. While they don't matter much, they do have some small impact on how you get through the woods, like how you place your feet with each step. Eventually, all the paths lead out of the woods, but not always into the exact same place, or at the same time. Generally, i think that we do have certain paths that we are most likely to take, certain things that are going to happen to us, but i do believe that there is a lot of room for freedom within our fates. I just don't believe that every decision is made for us. While it is important to know that our lives have direction, i also believe it is just as important to have some measure of control over how we move in that direction.

Best answers
Godhand said:
No, There is no path, Fate, Destiny , Nothing of that sort . Everything you do , you chose yourself to , Nothing and nobody else choses for you .

My opinion .

Exactly, I dont know the path that is laid b4 me but i know what i wanna do in life becuz i believe that God has given me a gift for the sort. Like i LOVE acting and its something i really enjoy doing. Ok thats my gift..I play through life with dreams and goals. Again i have NO idea what's going to happen in the future, but all i know is i have a dream and that dream is to act in a movie/tv show. That's my dream and i will work toward that dream until im satisfied. Now along the way i may end up paralyzed...well..**** i cant act if im paralyzed..now how does that say my destiny was to act when i end up paralyzed in some kind of car accident. Or if i got shot at some point and i lost the ability to speak. Well..that just ****ed over my "destiny". I see this as God knows the path im gonna take...but i dont...So in that i say i dont really believe in destiny cuz at this point, ANYTHING could happen. In that i say if i was destined to act and i get shot and loose the ability to act..well..that just defies my destiny of acting...I have many many other talents as well..does that mean there are multiple destinies??? As far as i know there is only 1...maybe someone can explain.. o_o

Best answers
your life is all planned out for you its just that you chooose the way you want to be
for example
i have 2 ways to go both ways are planned out for you and you choose wut way

owa

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I do not believe in fate. Alot of it is just kind of crazy. I feel that we have many options. You can argue this any way you want, but personally, fate does not exsist. We all have choices."

---

Also, I was thinking. If you believe in what the bible says, then you have to believe in fate, because it says we all have a purpose and it is all tide in with fate, but on the other hand it says we all have choices weather we are righteous or sinners. How can we have choice, if we are pre-determined, and how can we be sinners/righteous if we are already on one path, and can not change? How is it our fault?

It is to much to think about, and I don't expect many to see my point of view, so I'll keep it simple. I believe in choices. Nothing more, nothing less.

Best answers
owa said:
I do not believe in fate. Alot of it is just kind of crazy. I feel that we have many options. You can argue this any way you want, but personally, fate does not exsist. We all have choices."

---

Also, I was thinking. If you believe in what the bible says, then you have to believe in fate, because it says we all have a purpose and it is all tide in with fate, but on the other hand it says we all have choices weather we are righteous or sinners. How can we have choice, if we are pre-determined, and how can we be sinners/righteous if we are already on one path, and can not change? How is it our fault?

It is to much to think about, and I don't expect many to see my point of view, so I'll keep it simple. I believe in choices. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well in my belief we accept that we are sinners. There is no escaping that. We are human and we cannot change that. BUT at the same rate we do our best to choose the rightious way becuz its pleasing in the sight of the Lord. We aim to plz basically. Sure there will be times where we slip up and do the wrong thing by mistake. But like i said we are human and we will make errors. Just depends on how fast you get up. So im typing this not to get into religious arguments but to make something clear. Not all religions say that. In my belief God has given man Free Will to do whatever he wants, but at the same time if you know the truth and you know what is wrong then you'll want to make those rightious choices. It never said you HAVE to do this or that in a nutshell. It makes it clear what is right and what is wrong. If you choose wrong then there comes that ol sayin "You Reep(sp) what you sow" So just wanted to make that clear to everyone...it never said you are going to do this and that..it says you have a CHOICE to do this and that. Again that is why i choose nay on destiny.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
Wow, you absolutely misinterpreted everything I said.

I didn't say human behavious is too predictable, I said it is UNPREDICTABLE! There is too much uncertainty, and although you can use probability to make assumptions and predict how someone MIGHT react, there is far too much UNCERTAINTY....

You twisted my words in a way I never intended.
I didn't twist anything, and you just repeated yourself. Like I said, just because a human can't figure out what another human is going to do doesn't mean it isn't predetermined. I never said too predictable, I worked off of exactly what you said. You said we're too predictable. That's purely human thinking. Just because you can't predict how someone else will react doesn't mean it isn't predictable.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
You can have both. The choices you make lead to you to your pre-determined fate.
Did you really make the choices yourself? Yeah, but they're the choices you were meant to make, and can't be changed.
-What he said for me.

The question is what do you do to change your fate. Thinking that way takes away the whole meaning of free will God gave to man.
After all, sinners can always seek forgiveness from God, that He will grant, if of course we desire it and deserve it.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I believe I posted that I believed in choice when the last thread came around, but some of the stuff that has recently happened to me shows that, while there may not be absolute fate, some things are meant to happen the way they do.

I do believe it is wrong for people to blame their actions on fate though and then become too lazy to right their wrongs or change their way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom