Fatal Error - client.dll

Best answers
I've been playing this game awhile and this error never occured until now. This all started happening after I installed the Full Version mod of Steam SvenCoop. When i click games on the steam menu and click into esf 1.1 I get an error saying
"Could not load library c:\program files\steam\steamapps\xxxxx@xxxxx\half-life\esf\cl_dlls\client.dll"

I've tried to fix this by redownloading esf itself and replacing the dll, but I still get the same error. I cant imagine what of went wrong. Any clue?

Best answers
Im not using steam at all but when I got SvenCoop it started saying the same thing about the client.dll

Best answers
I'm thinking when installing STEAM sven coop full version it changed around some half life files. Probably have to reinstall ESF to reconfigure where and what was changed in c:\pfiles\steam.....\half-life

Best answers
I already did a reinstall and a repair and nothing helped.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
switch to the old fmod.dll

Best answers
i did that and it d/led a bunch of files and then when i got ingame the game gave me a HL.EXE performed an illegal task or something

Best answers
Yep, it's an fmod.dll problem, but since it's in Steam, I don't know how to fix it.

Best answers
i have the same client.dll problem; always it gave the problem to me, i had to reinstall; so i made a backup copy of the client.dll and now... its not the problem T_T;; i change with the new one, but they´re the same files... its still giving me the error.... any help? tx :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom