fast fast fighting

Best answers
Okay.. so im not sure how my idea would work (im quite sure its near impossible).. nor am i aware if this annoys other people or not.

If i hear any comments about "ohh another unlikely scenario... great". Im gonna snap because

This happens ALL the time, christ, i've done it but not purposely.

When you and some other guy whos really good are having a battle, then all of a sudden a kamehameha hits you directly in the back... or.... another guy flies.. interrupts your fight and hits one of you two to the ground. Even worse, you beat up a guy and another guy comes and steals the power/ kill.

is there anyway to make it so when you are fighting against someone

I think this mode would be enganged if a) you add some sort of challenge thing

or B) you are both locked on one another.

when these conditions are met visually to everyone else you appear to move really quickly, like blindingly fast, little black teleport lines? Yes yes it's more dbz like, but the reason i suggest this is because then you wont be hit by other players in the middle. Im tired of being interrupted.

Also about the idea to implement a "challenge" button... when challenged you can enter this "fast fighting" state. IT'd be normal esf controls.. normal gampeplay. but to others you'd be moving quickly.

I know , this is probably difficult, and im sure alot of people have alot of reasons why they wouldnt want it in. Im open to a better solution though.

Best answers
Basically like Jedi Knight 2 Outcast right?

Thats what they had - it was Team Games, but you could challenge someone, to others you would be glowing the same color (ie red glow vs red glow, blue vs. blue - to distingquish a difference) and they could not interfer.

I think that would be incredibly hard to code.

Best answers
especially for a half life engine, remember , you can't do ANYTHING on a half life engine

Best answers
actually u could most likely talk to the game coders of jedi knight 2 jedi outcast. they will easily tell u how, i mean, the only thing different about that is the fact that u get a light saber

Best answers
Your crazy right? Thats like Microsoft giving the specs of the Xbox! Its not gonna happen MOST LIKELY

The most they could do is a room with a one sided mirror and seperate little "cells"(like jails cells, but they have to be on the other side of a large room.)

Best answers
This is a team game or 1 vs all game.

if you want no one to interupt you, go open a server yourself.

Best answers
The idea about the "engaged" mode is ENTIRELY possible in Half-Life. You can very easily code Half-Life to only cause certain weapons to damage certain players at certain times, this is pretty much just like it. The only thing that would be impossible is speeding up the duelers and keeping everyone else the same speed; unless the speed up is just a graphical representation, and the duelers continue on at the same speed, in which case that is lame :p

But I DO think ESF needs a dueling option. I know there is going to be a new Duel Mode, but there should be some kind of 1 v 1 mose you can enable in a team game, yes like Jedi Knight 2. Good stuff.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So you mean they should become invisible and or invincible except for like swooping lines or something? That'd be cool, but crazy hard to code. I would say yes if it was possible.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
this is just like Jedi Outcast it would be cool but i dont know if the half life engine can handle this

Best answers
I dunno, i think it would be possible, but the only way i could think of doing is is by creating new teams and adding the dueling players to them, then removing them from the teams once the duel is over. That would be a total ***** to code

Best answers
Ummm wouldn't it be a !bit! unrealistic if the duelers would be invincible to attacks of other People???? Think about two duelers and 5 feets aside the stands another guy and i shoot a Spiritbomb on him. It would be very ....ehm..... STRANGE if the two duelling guys wouldn't be killed nor wounded!!!!

I think a Duel-System is just....well......damn sh** in this Game
Thats just my Oppinon

Best answers
i think this sort of thing should be sorted out on special servers for ppl who want to do that sort of thing by consent. like a clan or tournament server, a server where ppl can duel in a main arena while others watch the fight or train against each other everywhere else (map s2k_greattournament springs to mind) like well a martial arts tournament (back to tournament then)!

Best answers
That would be Awesome! I would lve them to add this to the game!

Best answers
It shouldn't be all that hard to make the players invincible to all others... in 1.1 you will be invincible to all others in a PS, shouldn't be too much different, challenge mode should be a server option...

Also a duel mode like in outcast 2 would be nifty for 1 on 1 (two people fight while others are in line and can spectate...) It would be a game type like Capture balls, team battle etc...

Those would be pretty good additions, I don't like the whole speed up thing though...

Best answers
Well all of this could be something you could "toggle" . Maybe even an add on like Admin Mod.

And i thought invincible fighters would be weird, because then you'd be swooping at someone you cant hit, and thus might get hit somewhere else. WHich is why if you became very quick, or just invinsible with some period flashes of white to show there's a duel people could follow it and be aware of it, and they wouldnt waste their time.

It would be entertaining, more dbz like, and .. well just plain something so original no other mod could match it. You guys were the first to pull off a wicked melee system so i dont really put anything past you guys. Beam jumping, kame torpedoes.. .all so very original. This would just make the game all that much better :D but i understand this coding thing. Perhaps ill assemble of a team of coders just to make this feature work. Then send it in and or package an add on for it.

Best answers
i think it should be like make you invincible to other players except the person you are battling and have something like you both choose to battle and it will turn it on until you go a certain distance away from your enemy or if you die. or something like that.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom