Explosions = Bad

What do you think?

• Great ideas! Yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I like your suggestions, but I have some more…

• Shut up n00b

• should kick you in the teeth for even bringing up this subject.

• Total voters
Best answers
Me and my friends have been playing Beta a lot since it's release, as I'm sure most of you have. We've been testing as many things as we can, so we can get the full "ESF experience". We're starting to get really annoyed with one thing. Explosions. They’re too big, they’re too powerful, and they’re not true to the series. Now, before you go yelling about…whatever, just hear me out.

Two high PL people are power struggling. It’s a hard fight, it goes back and forth, and then finally one of them gets the upper hand and wins. What happens? BOOM! Everybody in the map, or damn near close, gets killed. WTF? This never happened in the show. Did the world blow up when Cell and Gohan were power struggling? No. What happened? Cell got disintegrated, and the people who were standing right next to him (Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Piccolo), were fine.

You finally have the power to transform. You transform for the first time, and want to try out one of your new attacks. You get above a populated area, and start charging your attack. You let it go at full power, what happens? …come on, you know. BOOM! Sweet Merciful Crap, you just destroyed everything in existence. First of all, your attacks are the most powerful when you first transform, which doesn’t make a damn bit of sense. As you get more powerful, your explosions get smaller and smaller, till finally they are non-existent. Secondly, this scenario never happened in DBZ. No character has every accidentally blown himself up because his attack was too powerful. Hell, most of them can’t even do it on purpose. In the second Cooler movie, Vegeta fires a Big Bang at his feet, and doesn’t take a bit of damage.

Like I said before, explosions are too big, and too powerful. I have a number of ideas to fix the situation. Some of them are pretty bad, but you know…

1. Cap on explosions – I’ve seen this thrown around the boards before, and I think it could work. Explosions can NEVER get above a certain size.

2. Explosions don’t hurt the person who caused them – This is really cheap, and could be exploited so much, but think about it. In the show, the characters never hurt themselves with their own attacks.

3. Disintegration – If the ESF team could make it so only the loser of a block/power struggle gets hurt/killed, that would help a lot I think.

4. Explosions don’t hurt anybody – You can only damage someone if you hit them directly with an attack. I don’t really like this one.

5. The damage you take depends on how much power you have – I think this is already in the game. I got hit with a Final Flash the other day right in the face, and I took something like 15dmg. I think it should be tweaked though. This would make suggestion 2 make more sense. If you have more power then or equal too the power of the person who launched the attack, you take no damage.

6. No beams – yeah, just ignore this suggestion.

All right, I’m done. The floor is open to replies.

Best answers
the funnest part of going ssj(espacialy one with a good attack like big bang or finishing buster) is blowing up the map and watching the people b**** about how leet you are :p

Best answers
its nonsens
if you have ever reached a level above 50 000 000 or higher and shoot at a enemy only he will be killed, if the pl is about yours. its relative, if everybody has almost the same pl. the explosions arent that big on a map like riverside, you wont ever be able to nuke the whole map neither with one beam nor with a powerstruggle.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly!A PS of lets say half a minute would allready kill half of the map.And if transfromed you don't loose ki so fast so PS will even get longer and that will blow up completely everything.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
whit other words!! Beams MUST be stronger when your PL grows, but the explosion must be less.. correct?

Best answers
about suggestion #2

heh if they never get hurt by there own explosions,

what would you call vegeta's suicide explosion in the buu saga ? :p

actually i think the beams are nice as they are - no, actually i would love to see them bigger. but only when/if new transformation comes.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree they should be smaller and not able 2 blow up the whole map........

but you said something about beams getting smaller as your pl gets bigger.....
not true.....
the explasion is related 2 the PL of other ppl, so if your pl is twice as big the explosion is far more powerfull then when u r twice as weak.......
that's why when your at a pl of 200 mil. and some other guy 150mil. the explasion still isn't that big

hope I made a little sence

Best answers
if you want smaller explosions then just get looootsa PL and at a point your explosions will be very small and do no damage what so ever :fight:

Scruffie

S
Most beams don't even explode.

When Vegeta was hit by the SPirit Bomb it pushed him into the sky, it did NOT explde.

Goku fired a Kamehameha at Cell, it went right through him, disintegrating him.

If i hit someone point blank with a beam, I don't expect it to explode in my face, I expect it to hurt the enemy.

Why don't you make beams kill someone but keep on going, or just disipate once they kill them, they should all explode.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It ahppens to me at a pl of 2 billion

Best answers
eh.. it happens to be at 400 mil..

i thought it wasn't possible to go beyond 1 billion pl?

and about the attack kills and go on flying.. that's called a freiza disk~~~ :p

but if it were to be made with beams or blasts then why not just make new attacks that does it, instead of gettin rid of the explosions? :S

Best answers
No....it happens at 200,000 :D

A BARELY charged Kamehameha!

Heh...a FULL CHARGED Kamehameha!

A Full Charged GENERIC Beam!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! BOW DOWN TO YOUR MASTER! :D

Best answers
vegeta we were talking about the bug(?) where you get too powerfull and your attacks just don't do any damage at all..

making big explosions are easy lolz

Best answers
Well, we're talking about a number of things. My main point in this post was to say that there shouldn't be explosions after a power struggle, and that the explosions should never get big enough where they kill you and everybody your associated with. It's just not true to the series.

Best answers
I've supported the shockwaves idea before, and I agree that ground control was a beautiful game, but I must say that the current form of the explosions seems truer to the series than a series of sprites (and it might just illustrate the blast radius better than sprites could).

I would be in favor of sprite explosions such as you suggest (and shockwaves) for the ki blast hits... and that's it really. Everything else I'd say is fine.

Remember the explosions have to look good from all angles at once because many people will be able to see them.. from many angles at once.

Thanks for reading.

Best answers
The Ground Control sprites do look butifull from all angles, all they are is 2d sprites aranged ina 3d fasion, kinda pasted onto an invisble 3d model, kinda.....

And in some cases dome explosions do look better, but in many cases the smaller explosions look more like explosions caused by modern day anti tank ordinance.

Maximum explosion radius is a must.....

Best answers
There are many occations where there are very huge explosions esspecially with buu. The only problem is that the z fighters are never stupid enugh to get hit with the big explosions. If i remember right Buu leveled entire cities with his attacks. So it is very possible that the characters in DBZ could use there attacks with big explosions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom