Explosions 1.1 vs 1.2

Which explosion type is better ?

• 1.2 style

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.1 style

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Which explosion do you like more ? 1.2 style or 1.1 style ?
My vote goes to 1.1 style ...

Best answers
So the question you are asking is do you prefer an explosion sprite or an expanding sphere? personally i perfer the explosion sprite but im sure many will prob go with the plain, basic and dull sphere.

Best answers
Every time i see the new explosion im impressed with it, it never gets old. That big blob was jsut crap.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I prefer the blob because i like knowing how large the explosion radius is. Im not one for eye candy.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
1.2 explosions with a shockwave bubble (like when you perfect trans) to determ. the size of the explosion ... >_>

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Whoa.....why'd they change the explosion sprites from those really cool ones to 1.1 bland ones to a pile of smoke? If they were to update the alpha ones, they'd look damn awesome.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The alpha ones crashed the server

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The alpha ones crashes and lagged from what I understand. About blast radius, I think they've been tweaked to more accurately portray the radius, and you should have a feel for what the radius is anyway. An explosion is an explosion to me though.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alpha explosions would be cool if they were updated.. i always loved the look.. they did crash and lagged but isn't there a way to fix them so they dont?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2 explosions all the way, they just need some minor tweaking.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 explosions aren't good at all compared to the 1.2 explosions.
I don't like the bubble look either, I don't see why everyone is so crazy about the alpha explosions.
Just maybe take the light beams that shot out of the ugly bubble and put them onto the 1.2 explosions, and it'd be perfect.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
1.2 explosions win my vote by far over the silly lookin blobs

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
alpha explosions look tacky in my opinion, 1.1 they looked like........ balls... but not even like how they look in dbz, they were just translucent........ 1.2 look like explosions and look like dbz ones in particular...... so i prefer the ones that look like explosions

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well remember if you aren't satisfied find the 1.1 .wrl file (I think that's the extension) for the beam explosions and replace the 1.2 file with it.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The 1.2 particle system used for explosions looks much better, but the Spirit Bomb explosion needs to be made hella huge.

That's my only complaint. ^_^

Retired
Best answers
I like the explosion sprites, they just look a bit better than the 1.1 explosions.

Best answers
alpha explosions all the way, i loved how they ate up everything in the server after a nice and long powerstrugggle

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if possible , i reckon there should be an option somewhere that allows u to chose which explosion sprites u want (the new explosion particle system actually lags on slower coms)

while on topic , i prefere the 1.1 explosions, with them u could see your most powerful attk at a high pl blow up the whole map , or most of it and it allowed u 2 c who u hurt/killed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom