Every single XBOX 360 produced is DEFECTIVE....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you thought that Sony was the only console manufacturer having a really bad day, guess again. After many months of public complaints and outcries, Microsoft has publically admitted that *ALL* (as in every single one ever sold) Xbox360's have a design defect that can lead to their failure. Though Robbie Bach, head of Microsoft's Xbox360 Division refused to elaborate on the issue, the general consensus is that it's one of botched thermal design management and inadequate dissipation of heat leading to component failure. All of the nearly 12 million units currently in the hands of consumers are effected. Though Microsoft has not issued a global recall, they have tripled the warranty coverage period, and are expected to have to dole out over $1 Billion to correct the situation.
Source:

http://www.fastsilicon.com/latest-news/microsoft-admits-all-xbox360s-are-defective.html?Itemid=60

I guess this is why Microsoft extended their warranties. So as long as it lasts, return the damn thing and get your money back. Friggin' Microsoft, I knew they'd **** up sooner or later.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everybody makes mistakes... even monumental ones like this.

I understand the annoyance present, but lets not turn this into a microsoft-based flamewar.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know the 360 can get pretty hot, so I try to keep it as cool as possible, including the power adapter. It's pretty delicate equipment, so you have to take good care of it.

Best answers
I have not had any problems at all with my Xbox 360. I treat it nicely, it treats me nicely in return. I'd still rather have my so called "defective" Xbox 360 than a lousy Playstation 3 any day.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm somewhat proud of them of admitting it like this. No beating around the bush, no obscure synonyms, but "ALL 360s are defective".

PS3 fanboys can point and laugh at the poor manufacturing, or 360 fanboys can claim how even a defective system can beat the PS3.

My 360 hasn't blown up yet, but has shut off due to the red lights twice.

Best answers
Friggin' Microsoft, I knew they'd **** up sooner or later.
What the hell do you have against Microsoft? In my opinion they flat out destroy Sony at the moment.

Nintendo's paperweight (for me anyways) even puts Sony to shame, so shush yourself.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Their fixing the mistake. I can live without the xbox for one week.

Best answers
What the hell do you have against Microsoft? In my opinion they flat out destroy Sony at the moment.

Nintendo's paperweight (for me anyways) even puts Sony to shame, so shush yourself.
seconded... apart from vista Microsoft is a good corp... meh./

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What the hell do you have against Microsoft?
Umm...let's see...Windows Vista, Windows ME, not being able to play Worms Armageddon on Windows XP, the current issue with the 360...need more?

Nintendo puts EVERONE to shame imo xD

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather have a console that might break under warranty than a console that's not fun. That it's a choice between reliability and fun is the reason I don't have one of these consoles...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather have a console that might break under warranty than a console that's not fun. That it's a choice between reliability and fun is the reason I don't have one of these consoles...
For once I agree with you. I'd rather just boost my PC, give it a better gfx card, more ram and hopefully a dual-core CPU than go out and buy a console, which I'll probably stop using in a month or two. I just don't like consoles in any light. A friend of mine bought a 360 a few days ago and it's already ****ing up. Kinda feel sorry for him, but at least there's the three-year warranty thing, so this mess-up isn't a total disaster.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
For once I agree with you. I'd rather just boost my PC, give it a better gfx card, more ram and hopefully a dual-core CPU than go out and buy a console,
Instead of buying all that stuff, which you will may or may not have to upgrade sooner, you could have purchased a Wii/360/PS3.

I grew up with consoles before I got a PC, but they also suit my needs better. If you like FPS, MMORPGS, RTS, simulators, and maybe an action rpg here and there, then a PC works.

But I like to work, surf the net, draw, etc on the computer, and having a game running in the background with all that defeats the purpose. With my PS2 next to me, I can play the action, fighter, and rpg games that I like, which PC usually lacks, while still being on AIM, working on Flash, or using the internet.

It's a matter of circumstance and preference really. However, I will give you this, that consoles are adding more and more PC like feature each generation, and there may be some trial and error in this process.

Best answers
Umm...let's see...Windows Vista, Windows ME, not being able to play Worms Armageddon on Windows XP, the current issue with the 360...need more?
Do you have Windows Vista?

Worms Armageddon doesn't work on Windows XP... Let's bad talk an entire corporation and call them failures.

The current issue with the 360 isn't a concern to anyone who owns the damn thing, it's under warranty.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
only problem i ever had with my 360, was when microsoft included an RGB output canceler in one of their updates which stopped the console working through the RGB port on my tv (better output than component...) so i took it back twice before i figured out what it was... then i was just annoyed =/

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
heh, although I Do believe the warranty is pure marketing genius, see, my friend sent in his 360 to get fixed 3 days before the announcement of the warranty, so he calls after he hears teh announcement and they said they'll refund the fee for the repair, it'll come by in 10-12 weeks.

10-12 weeks, what comes out in 10-12 weeks? halo 3.

the money refunded goes right back into microsoft, since most 360 owners will get halo 3, heh, (most)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Holy ****, it takes that long to get a repaired 360? That sucks. Almost 3 months. If all I had was a 360, and it malfunctioned, I would just see if I could get a new one from them, instead of waiting almost a quarter of a year to get it repaired.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Holy ****, it takes that long to get a repaired 360? That sucks. Almost 3 months. If all I had was a 360, and it malfunctioned, I would just see if I could get a new one from them, instead of waiting almost a quarter of a year to get it repaired.
no, what I meant was, it takes that long to get a refund if you paid for a repair before the extension of the warranty, which as I said, is genius marketing, because when the refund is given, heeeeeeere's halo 3

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no, what I meant was, it takes that long to get a refund if you paid for a repair before the extension of the warranty, which as I said, is genius marketing, because when the refund is given, heeeeeeere's halo 3
Oooh, I see.

Though, I wonder if this was a recent realization, Microsoft hesitation, or a deliberate plan to announce information at this time?

Best answers
I'm sure it's a bit of it all, as most decisions have multiple factors driving them. Also this gives gamers good time to get their **** fixed before Halo3 comes out and people are playing for ridiculous amounts of time with no rest for the 360. This is a good move on their part, because it won't piss off people too much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll put invisible elastic tape over all the vents on my 360 and see how long it takes them to figure it out.

*consumer note* they dont fix 360's they send you new a replacement*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom