esforces lan

Best answers
hey, how do i play esforces on lan with bots? I dont have won and i cant use steam because i dont have the internet, and steam needs the internet to do something (dont know what exactly). please help me out.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, if you have Half-Life installed from the disc, then you can play a lan game of ESF with bots. If you dont have Half-Life, then you cant play ESF at all.

Best answers
yeah,i have half life,its updated to 1.1.1.0. its just that i dont have steam or won able to work. and even if you dont need steam or won to play a lan game of esforces, i cant figure out how to get esf to show on the lan screen and i cant even play esforces on a lan game(since it wont show up).

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure you install ESF to the Half-Life directory (Not the Valve directory).

Best answers
I currently play the same way, i.e. only on L.A.N with bots. I'm not sure if you've fixed the problem yet, but here are a few suggestions:

1.) As was mentioned, make sure that the "esf" folder is in your Half Life folder just like your "tfc" folder and/or your "ricochet" folder. If it's not, then you won't be able to see ESF in the Activate Mod (Custom Game) menu.

2.) Open Half Life normally (that is, without double clicking on the ESF icon, because that links to Steam) and go into the Custom Game menu. If you have ESF in the right folder, it should show in the list of available mods. Click on it and then click Activate. The background will change to the ESF theme... so you'll probably know if you've done it correctly. [ If you want to make a working icon, make a shortcut on your desktop to Half Life and make sure that the Target line reads: C:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -console -game esf. Then right click on the icon, go to the Properties and then the Shortcut tab and click on Change Icon. Browse your ESF folder for the little Super Saiyan picture that they give you and make that the icon image. ]

3.) Go back to the main menu and click on Multiplayer. Click from there on L.A.N and create a game. Considering the fact that you're using 1.2.1 and HL version 1.1.1.0, you should be alright. I did it this way and everything is working perfectly. If you are connected to the internet when you try to start even a L.A.N game, you will receive a "Your ESF executable is out of date" error. Also, if the number of players on the main Create Game screen differs from the number of players in your Advanced Game Settings, you will crash out... but that should be common knowledge. Just something that slips some people up. Drop another post if you still can't get it to work.

This is probably way more information than you'll need... but yeah, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom