ESFF is dead or they are stalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
It's been about what , 2-3 years since it was announced and no beta , no alpha , no release, I believe that it's dead. You did lose a dev but that's not something to cripple you by this much... Things happen , people go , you recover and pull forward... You let us down... Why? Before everybody posts the hate comments , think of it this way , games that have been in dev since last year are being released. This has been in dev since like 2009... That's enough time from 2009-2015/2016 to finish the project... :/

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah guys, what the ****? You get paid and work full-time on ESFF and still no release?

Misanthropist
๐ŸŒ  Staff
๐ŸŒˆ Beta Tester
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
You judge this on your own arbitrary terms based on what knowledge?

This has been a leisure project since ~2003. People have grown up and had kids as ESF grew. By contrast, Bandai have been recycling the same code for just as long and by and large yield the same unsatisfactory results. Logic would suggest that it is not 'enough' time to complete the perfect and final DBZ venture.

People are doing things and living lives. Everyone has projects yet to finish. Engineering a game is a slow, complex and sometimes unpredictable process. You can't over-simplify such an overview based on blind impatience for the simple reason it is a naive and one dimensional way of looking at the situation. Not to mention it lacks any form of empathy for those creating an artificial reality for you. For free. What do you reckon is more important to the dev team members - upholding the constant affirmation of whiny *****es, or paying their rent?

Super elite
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
You judge this on your own arbitrary terms based on what knowledge?

This has been a leisure project since ~2003. People have grown up and had kids as ESF grew. By contrast, Bandai have been recycling the same code for just as long and by and large yield the same unsatisfactory results. Logic would suggest that it is not 'enough' time to complete the perfect and final DBZ venture.

People are doing things and living lives. Everyone has projects yet to finish. Engineering a game is a slow, complex and sometimes unpredictable process. You can't over-simplify such an overview based on blind impatience for the simple reason it is a naive and one dimensional way of looking at the situation. Not to mention it lacks any form of empathy for those creating an artificial reality for you. For free. What do you reckon is more important to the dev team members - upholding the constant affirmation of whiny *****es, or paying their rent?
Was that suppose to make me cry? Because my tears hasn't even come out yet but my rage will. And i got my rage rocket ready to launch.

Last edited:
Best answers
ESF Forums, Falconfury........Falconfury, ESF Forums : )

Game's still being worked on, I'm sure they have a lot to do. A lot is done, but not revealed though a lot has been revealed already. Dalton's video was a nice surprise especially where video showcases are few and far between; when the game is done it'll be the best DBZ game out hands down just got a wait a few more years.

In February of last year the game was about 77% completed, NOW nearing the end of 2015 maybe they're a good percentage above that. 85%? 90%? The game will probably be done in less than 2 or 3 years I think.

Looking forward to it.

NOT IN THE MANGAโ„ข
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I will agree that the team has been slacking in fake videos and photoshop department lately. Is the ESFF joke coming to an end?

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
โšกSลซpฤ Regula-jin
Best answers
ESF Forums, Falconfury........Falconfury, ESF Forums : )

Game's still being worked on, I'm sure they have a lot to do. A lot is done, but not revealed though a lot has been revealed already. Dalton's video was a nice surprise especially where video showcases are few and far between; when the game is done it'll be the best DBZ game out hands down just got a wait a few more years.

In February of last year the game was about 77% completed, NOW nearing the end of 2015 maybe they're a good percentage above that. 85%? 90%? The game will probably be done in less than 2 or 3 years I think.

Looking forward to it.
How do you know ? In February of last year the game was about 77% completed,

ESF Old Timer
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐ŸŒŸ Senior Member
Best answers
It's been about what , 2-3 years since it was announced and no beta , no alpha , no release, I believe that it's dead. You did lose a dev but that's not something to cripple you by this much... Things happen , people go , you recover and pull forward... You let us down... Why? Before everybody posts the hate comments , think of it this way , games that have been in dev since last year are being released. This has been in dev since like 2009... That's enough time from 2009-2015/2016 to finish the project... :/
Heavy words for someone who hasnt any clue.
A reminder is that these devs do this in theyre own free time.
Next to that they have school, work, family, games, drugs, alcohol, girlfrieds, boyfriends(Dalte) and who knows what else more.
Thing is the mod isnt dead and no one knows when its finished.
Just be patients.

Discord Member
Best answers
Why do we bother to reply to these ridiculous threads? There is always a new breed of stupid that roll in and make these ~ I don't see the harm in just outright deleting them. At the end of the day, all of these people will come back in a heartbeat the second they see the game has been released, regardless of what they claim otherwise. I suppose the argument could be made that it gets people talking, and the forum doesn't see a lot of that, but it's also not something worth talking about anymore.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Threads like this are not against the rules. So there is no need to close them.

Doesnt mean the answer will change though. But if its not against the rules, we just leave it to run its course.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If you believe ESF Final is dead, why even bother coming to the forums, do better things with your life. xD

Best answers
How do you know ? In February of last year the game was about 77% completed,
I read it on moddb and remembered it.

People miss subtle things like this all the time, when the Forcepit opened up I went to the very beginning and read almost every thread there and got a TON of information there and footage, I read a lot of the posts on the ESF moddb page and checked out all the pictures, facebook has some OK stuff from time to time too. I've even had stuff shared to me on the ESF TS.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
perfect and final? LOL whats funny about that is the game is fully operational , we've seen combo , movement , maps , fps , its all there.... Release it for beta testing or delete it... 5 years is enough to make a game of this caliber.... some what good graphics , barely any mechs to add , some characters , and then make it so u can use the esf character creator for it so we can make the characters we want to use.

--- edit ---

Actually you do. They always give a release date a month or a few months before release.... its either not coming at all or coming very late 2016.

--- edit ---

To try and get some answers from the devs on why they are letting down their community. Esf's player base as sunk to like 20 players.

--- edit ---

You're right , You have rolled in a new breed of stupidity , I would even call it retardation.

--- edit ---

2/3 years... Lol.. what a joke Fallout 4 was in dev for 3 years and its already being released... this shit is ridiculous.. there's barely anything in the game , its not too hard for devs of this quality to do in the amount of time they have put out...

--- edit ---

They do have reguler lives... but still So does every other game developer in the world yet their games have been released even faster than this one has.. in about 1/3 , 1/2 the time.. The new jason game coming out was in dev from 2013-2015.... Its coming out this month... that game has so much more than what ESFF brings.. it's quite sad on how slow the development is going..

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Ban vote 1/10.

2D god
โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
Best answers
I really don't see what the point is to create such threads. To complain like a baby or to try and squeeze some pointless answer from the devs or what? Get a life and go do something more productive.

โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ‚ Regular
Best answers
I think this guy has trolled you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom