ESF1.3 New Beam Struggel System.. idear ?

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Thanks for defending me Ravendust. And if it is impossible DracoHeart please state why. It just needs the beams to go from the centre (yes i am british) to a player.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I might be delving too deep into this...But I think the only reason they made a ball when powerstruggling was cuz of the origin. They were the same type of blast, so it seemed that a ball of energy was made, both being the origin of a kamehameha. Now, if it was like final flash v.s kamehameha, i think it would just be clashing instead.

Maybe I should make more PS sprites..

Best answers
hey talking about beams and all makes me think at something , Smoke , smoke and more smoke , line in a episode goku vs majin vegeta , vegeta blast's him in the mountain and there was smoke , but from the somke you can see when the last commes at you , that's a little something to add because it's more surprising and I'm not talking about the distruction of the terrayn I'm talking about the blast from the smoke :]

Best answers
If the smoke was client side only would it still lag ?
downpoint = if its client side you can disable the smoke and the enemy loses his advantage.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pfft, do what CS does and have three grades of smoke quality, the lowest ones are regular sprites so they don't lag at all, the other two use the particle system (I think) but I still never get lag with them.

Eyecandy should always be cvar-able.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Not quite this. From what I understand, it's basically our current system but the beams don't go off on a tangent.

Best answers
So there wont come a ball ?
will it just be a beam that go forward and backward ? :s
omg that sounds ****ty... the beam tail will get bigger then ?
then its better... so you can see that its a big ps...
or did i misunderstod something again ? xD

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dunno about you, but seing a bbeam struggle go right above my head instead of into me is kindfa tacky...

But I do like how if the struggle is even, the heads of the beam go down.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
There was one, I can't remember when but I think it was a movie, Piccolo shot a beam from the side with one of his own so that it wouldn't hit Gohan and it changed direction. That's sort of how beams are going to work now. If they're hit head on, they struggle, if they're hit from behind, they push each other along, if they're hit from the side, they parallel off next to each other. It should look good, like this:

Like B not A.
dont you mean a not b, b looks like it has a wind on it while a shows that the beam is trying to deflect the beam.
the red beam looks quite weart though, maybe the red one user must win the strugle to push true the beam, otherwhise the beam will be detatch and will work like a ball.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Rather than having a dominant beamhead, the force of one changes the course of the other. There wouldn't be any struggle because there wouldn't be a need to struggle. Of course, if the beams hit head-on, that would be different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom