Esf with half life 1.1.1.1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah thats right i said 1.1.1.1, it comes with DoD Retail (got it for my b-day :D). Anyways, I loaded the mod into the Dod folder and am able to get into what it "calls" ESF (its background has gordon or whatever on it and when I go to find servers there are ESF games though). I try to join a server and it boots me it gets to Establishing Connection then *boot*. Im sooo mad cause I can't do my map :mad:. I would have put it in the DoD forums but for some reason the register isn't working :mad:. I wondered if anybody knows how I can join a server... or can I?

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem might be that you have a different version of half life than most others. People are still probably using 1.1.1.0, and when you join a server of someone using that version, the difference prevents you from playing along with them.

Best answers
Wow, I didn't even know 1.1.1.1 was released!

*runs to get in line for 45 hours at file planet.*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I searched everywhere ... i didn't see HL 1.1.1.1 ... only 1.1.1.0 ... and esf work with it fine

Best answers
uhm...im guessing it probobly uses the same method but try launching using the esf mirc script...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It only comes with Day of Defeat Retail. I didn't have HL 1.1.1.1 when playing against other DoD people that had the HL 1.1.1.1 before when I had the mod with 1.1.1.0...

*EDIT*
Well this is a biach. I can't edit any maps because I don't have regular HL installed and cannot find hl.exe (doesn't exist with DOD). I will post pics of the new HL for those who don't believe me ;).

Okay I was lazy so all three of em are on 1 page o_o. http://members.rogers.com/daclaninfo/images/half_life_1111.htm

Best answers
holy god thats way different from what I have

it might be because its 1.1.1.1,and clients cant validate with you....but Im not sure really....you might have to install 1.1.1.0 in a different directory to make ESF work....

Best answers
dude change the dod.exe or watever to hl.exe and it still works fine (i did that with my cstrike.exe)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
what exactly doesn't work with DoD retail ???
changing dod.exe to hl.exe isn't maybe not the best solution

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The game works but it wont let me open my map until I changed my settings, I tried to but there is no hl.exe or hl textures (lots of pretty good textures there). I guess I'll uninstall and reinstall all that stuff when I compile ;(.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I feel sorry that you wasted your money on DOD, instead of getting HL and then jsut downloading DOD and CS for free, and also having easyier mod compatiablity.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay I got into a server!!!! Now changing my controls... they don't show up when I go to change controls, oh well another obstacle.

*EDIT*
This seems to only effect non retail releases... I don't know why but I could change cs's controls but not ESF...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
be sure that your config.cfg in your esf folder isn't read-only

Best answers
Its the new GUI thats screwing you over in the controls, your gonna have to edit the CFG to change your controls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom