ESF to Xbox 360 & as a standalone game

Status
Not open for further replies.
brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How bored can you be, to actually want to port ESF to a console. (or at least pretend to)

Anything for a reaction... I suppose.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Okay, I get what he wants to do, but the gaping flaw is this:

ESF is defined by it's gameplay, not by it's content. Even using the sprites, models textures, what have you, even disregarding the fact that the model's rigging would likely need to be remade, recreating ESF's gameplay is where a single person is likely to fail. This game is several years old, and has been worked on and built on by MANY people. And while I think ESF is far from perfect, it's pretty damn impressive.

But while I know the modellers for ESF are excellent, and have really done a fantastic job stretching Half Life's engine to it's graphical limits and then some, I think it'd be a waste to go through all this effort and use models and graphics that were designed for real-time handling by a game that could likely be run comfortably by the original Playstation. I mean, you're porting it all to a 360. Make some use of that next-gen magic! I know that aside from ZEQ2 and DBZHOOD that there aren't many choices for quality DBZ models unless you make one yourself, but Hell, go that extra mile!

Gamers - Desire (Host)
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
My guess is just that, he's using the XNA Framework which is a very easy way to create a game on both XBox and PC. and it's very easy to use.. anyways just a guess.
True...

But still you would have to code your own engine, I doubt the guy can do that :p

XNA self is cool... I've made a copy from the oldschool game "Bomberman" xD

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think Funi has ever asked any DBZ mod to close down. I'm pretty sure every mod that said they were shut down by Funi was just using that as an excuse because they couldn't finish their project.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't think Funi has ever asked any DBZ mod to close down. I'm pretty sure every mod that said they were shut down by Funi was just using that as an excuse because they couldn't finish their project.
well what about Zeq2 yes it wasend because of the game but what they add in downloads

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How do we know they didn't fabricate it so they would have an excuse to go "underground" and slack off to their hearts content?

It's a conspiracy!!!

Best answers
ill give up. Nobody understands that I am developing the game with the models form ESF and thats it have nothing to do with HALF-LIVE!!! Anyway FF|Skyrider is right there is no reason to make a game if Half Live only costs 10$
I think i understand... you want to create a whole new game for the 360, its just based off of the ESF models and gameplay methods. Correct?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correction: He wants to try and create an entire engine of his own. Then use all of ESF's artwork in that engine. And then code the entire game on his own, exporting it in some kind of windows format and 360 format.

You do know it has taken PcJoe and Harsens years to come this far, right? You will never be able to remake the entire game...on your own...without source code, within a reasonable time. Seriously, you make it sound like you can just take the entire ESF folder, put it in some magic box, and have a 360 disc pop out on the other side.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have a legitimate request go ahead and PM Mastasurf or an administrator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom