ESF- STEAM crashs!!

Best answers
I have big trouble with my steam... i tried everything to play esf with steam like about some months, but it don´t work anymore!!!!! I have uninstall steam some times in this time and install it again and again...
But 1 time, when i reinstall my ESF again (now the steam- esf pack) and i replaced a model, it didn´t work!!! It just worked with the old models... 1 day later it didn´t work anymore with any model!!! WTF? If i start ESF it works, than i try to make a game and it search for the Server info file or something like that and than whole ESF crashes!!!!! But why???? I have tried everything, with the normal beta 1.1 and the steam- pack beta 1.1 and nothing worked... Every other game work just ESF not and that make me sick!
I need help guys!!! WHY does my ESF always crashed??? O_O

Best answers
i dunno why, but my instincts say "try reinstalling"

Best answers
Cyfore said:
i dunno why, but my instincts say "try reinstalling"
I reinstall it like 100 times...... ;/

But i finally found a way how to make it works!
1. Open ESF
2. Go to Options
3. change the settings to Software or Direct 3d if u have Open GL (no matter in which one, just changing is important)
4. apply the settings
5. change the settings back in the option u want (i prefer Open GL^^)
6. start a server and play or search any server and play.

Hmmmmm i can play if i ALWAYS do this things before i start playing, BUT that´s not so funny to do it always and i still don´t know why i have to start the game like that.... do i maybe have a virus? O_O

Best answers
well as long as you can play without it c rashing just keep doing it. =P

Best answers
I don't think 'bout a virus...

I would say.. wait for the answer of a coder or another ESF developer ^^'

Best answers
goku_ssj_uk said:
What does it say when it crashes?
Preasing server info or something like that i think^^
I don´t know, i don´t wana look again, but it was something with "P" and "server info" :smile:

Best answers
Weird stuff, try scan disk though...usually fixes most of my steam problems.

Best answers
Hey this is also happening for me as well! Right when it says parsing server info...my comp just starts loading and i get an error. Maybe i could fix it if the esf steam pack at esfworld worked...

Best answers
Also, if scan disk doesnt work.

Try playing it in normal HLDM and see if its your a steam problem or an ESF problem.

Best answers
Oh...i think i know what it is. Its probably the evm 1.2 SP that came out recently. Everyone thats installed evm has had that problem...so just take out what you put into your esf folder and you should be fine. Although evm works for won, steam on the other hand gives you that error :(

Best answers
ZeonStar said:
Hey this is also happening for me as well! Right when it says parsing server info...my comp just starts loading and i get an error. Maybe i could fix it if the esf steam pack at esfworld worked...
U can play it if u do the steps i tell before :smile:
And i don´t know if it´s a steam or ESF problem...
maybe steam prob, but why should i have that prob and the most of u not?
strange....
But hmmm it normally can´t be an ESF problem! It must be a STEAM problem! I think it have something to do with my hl.exe in my steam folder...
i downloaded a server ESF- tool and the ESF- logo isn´t showed when i use the steam- hl.exe, but it´s showed if i use the won hl.exe! But for my friend it shows the esf logo for both hl.exe´s... strange ;/

@Zeon Star
It´s not EVM...

Guys... i just wanted to tell that i am not a noob^^
I know what i am doing (i think, lol :D )

Best answers
I think its when the server times out and it crashes to desktop or something...as ive noticed though ESF isnt fully supported by steam, do wait untill 1.2 to get some fixes. But another way to fix this would be to start it from "Games list" then go to the server. (dunno if that would help but its a suggestion)

Best answers
goku_ssj_uk said:
I think its when the server times out and it crashes to desktop or something...as ive noticed though ESF isnt fully supported by steam, do wait untill 1.2 to get some fixes. But another way to fix this would be to start it from "Games list" then go to the server. (dunno if that would help but its a suggestion)

I tried everything, nothing works... i think it´s because the new steam update... and i know it have something to do with my open gl...
If i switch to SOFTWARE everything works fine, but for open gl, i first have to make the steps i tell before...
really strange bug... it worked before some months and now it don´t work anymore... Every other mod work, just esf have this damn bugs with steam.... strange... o_O

Best answers
Meh..well 1.2 is out Saturday, just wait till then and see if 1.2 doesnt make a difference :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom