ESF:source,made by a thrid party?

Best answers
well if the ESF crew got real into it they could find a way to fuse them together like at install they could have the install source which would just add shadows and sparkly water in thereoy they could take the source engine and take a chainsaw and fool around with it thus makeing 1 ESF with the choice to install sparking waters and shadows
and have 3d skys

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
itr said:
I've seen hl2 run on a 900mhz pc...
And I've seen it run like **** on more than a dozen well-equipped machines...not to mention heard of it running like **** on hundreds and hundreds.

Best answers
Fatal_CobraX said:
That'd be awsome.. Simple melee Vegeta, His dead body fly's back into a hill... He slowly roll's down..Goku fires off a generic beam in ssj just to see his body fling in the air swirling.. ;0 , It really would be cool ... We can only wait and see...

Innit, that'd be well cool, although i'm more intrested in the transformation sprites and stuff heh.

But yeah, esf source or whatever would rule.

Best answers
Not every one has half life 2. I do but not every one can buy it .Esf team would be better to stick with half life 1 its not going to die or any thing.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To bad its not going to happen... i wished there were 2 esf's... one for source and one for hl...

Best answers
thenamekman said:
Not every one has half life 2. I do but not every one can buy it .Esf team would be better to stick with half life 1 its not going to die or any thing.
And uh.., since when did all the mod makers start to worry about the people who doesn't have the required game to play their mod?. It's not like hl2 is dead or anything.

hehe.

Best answers
Styx said:
And uh.., since when did all the mod makers start to worry about the people who doesn't have the required game to play their mod?. It's not like hl2 is dead or anything.

hehe.
my point exactly...if all the mod makers around thought "omg...some ppl might not have the required game to play this" then there wouldnt be any mods would there?...i mean look at CS, NS, DOD, etc....tru their fanbases are larger than esf's but that also means that theres more of a chance that a lot of them wont have hl2 any time soon...but have they skipped the oportunity to switch?...no

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
my point exactly...if all the mod makers around thought "omg...some ppl might not have the required game to play this" then there wouldnt be any mods would there?...i mean look at CS, NS, DOD, etc....tru their fanbases are larger than esf's but that also means that theres more of a chance that a lot of them wont have hl2 any time soon...but have they skipped the oportunity to switch?...no
CS and DoD also have their products on the shelves, since Valve has made they're creations retail products. They have quite a motivation to recreate their mods on the new engine. Perhaps the ESF team simply wants to end the project and move onto something different, quite possibly on the HL2 engine. After some 5 or more years of working on the same project, I'd imagine that the prime drive would be to get the project intended for HL1 finished, then move onto something on a newer engine...just a speculation on my part.

Best answers
It's all up to them, i can't say i'm not disapointed though.

But really it's all a cool idea otherwise.

Best answers
Majin_You said:
CS and DoD also have their products on the shelves, since Valve has made they're creations retail products. They have quite a motivation to recreate their mods on the new engine. Perhaps the ESF team simply wants to end the project and move onto something different, quite possibly on the HL2 engine. After some 5 or more years of working on the same project, I'd imagine that the prime drive would be to get the project intended for HL1 finished, then move onto something on a newer engine...just a speculation on my part.
Let me end the speculation. Around the time while Beta 1 was in the making, we had a team meeting. In this meeting, a topic that everyone loves to talk about lately came up and was put to a vote. That topic was (you guessed it) "Do we want to switch ESF to HL2 when it comes out?" After much deliberation, it was voted that NO, ESF will live and die on the HL engine.

Alot of team members were ready to put ESF behind them on work on other things. So I don't/won't ever expect ESF to port to HL2, because I know that once ESF is at the stage where the team wants it, that's it. Stick a fork in it. It's over, done, shishkibob. Also note, we had decided this years before HL2 ever came out to. So yes to the quoted post, you pretty much hit the nail on the head. As to the source code of ESF, lol. I want to know who thought HarS/Joe was gonna give that up? :)

🌠 Staff
Best answers
very nicely said NightHawk, very nicely said. I know for a fact Joe isnt gonna let out his source code. Its his baby of you want to look at it that way. No way will he ever let it go =p.

Sorry i never got to meet you Nighthawk, woulda been an awesome honor to work with you, but I guess thats how the story goes. I was with Gohans hidden power while you were with Esf, so it was war between us <_<.

but ya, in short esf on hl2 isnt gonna happen.

Best answers
ahh well, i hope the team dosent stop making esf anytime soon, but as it is a project where they don't really get anything back, expect fans "this game rocks" :) then they would want to get along with there lives soon

great job on esf team and if 1.3 is the concluding version, good luck on your future projects.

Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
half-life one got transferred to source with no modifications whatssoever to its graphics, it just had source natural fetures, like reflective water, so could people in the commutity(us) make an esf source, with same graphics but on the source engine?
No....

Barney's Soul said:
Yall might say its not worth it for the short term, but graphics upgrades? plus some people dont have hl1, only hl2
I think more people have hl1 then hl2... ESF shall die on hl1 then.. dont change to hl2 btw. the team are gonna change to a new project after ESF.. the 'mechmod' for hl2 i heard..... and i heard that there already are dbz mods for hl2 but they were crappy..

Best answers
thenamekman said:
Im sorry but it will.

The mods that are comming out on HL2 will be the death for ESF eventually, yeah you will always have some stick to the game HC players.

But tbh, i rather see a great mod under the hl2 engine, then hl1 engine, and the mods that are comming out are for HL2 are the best ive seen in my life.

Team's disision it stays, but the only thing i find weird is that nearly every mod that was on HL1 is making a HL2 version, which also takes alot of time and work...so why is ESF not going to?

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Possibly because they wanna make something else that isn't ESF. Maybe they don't wanna make any more mods at all. So by sticking to the halflife 1 engine they can move onto bigger and better things when they're done. Committing themselves to hl2 means they'll be stuck doing ESF for a long time.

Best answers
Its not like if he did release it I dont think anyone would be able to read joe's melee code.

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone is saying the mod is going to die if it stays on HL1, boo-hoo, the team knows that. The team isn't going to work on this mod forever. They know it's going to die eventually, and when that day finally comes, it will more than likely still be on HL1.

Trust me, by the time this mod is offiically dead (in terms of no one plays it anymore, the team will have moved on to bigger things.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom