esf playing help

Best answers
i got esf to install but when i go into it it says in the steam thingy preparing to play day of defeat and then it opens day of defeat and i dont know how to stop that day of defeat appearing also when i go into counterstrike esf isnt there in the mod selection thingy what do i do guys plz help

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
have you installed esf to steam/steamapps/youremail/Half-Life ?
if not make a Half-Life folder and install it

Best answers
that still doesnt answer anythng now when i go to play the game it puts me into half life and i dont know what ur talking about when you saysteam/steamapps/youremail/Half-Life where would this be found come on i really wana play and stuff and that sticky doesnt even explain anything AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Go into the SteamApps folder (within your Steam folder).

2. Is there is a folder in there with your e-mail for its name? If so then double-click it to go in, if not create it (folder with your email as its name, address and all).

E.G my folder would be: [email protected]

3. Now that you are in your email folder do you see a half-life folder? If not create it (folder called half-life) if so go in it.

4. Is there an ESF folder in there if so go in, if not install esf there (Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life\).

5. Launch Steam, go to Games, under Third Party Games there should be an Earth`s Special Forces game. Double click on it. Now you should see a half-life background with a half-life menu. Do not use Load Game or New Game because they will cause the game to crash (it is a Half-Life option only). To join a game go to Find Servers to create a game go to Create Server (might be called Game, I don't remember).

6. Play and have fun

Best answers
ok dude thnx for all the help all ineed to know is where would the steam folder would be caue i looked in all the half life and counterstrike stuff and all there was is uninstall steam and steam

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
C:\Program Files\Steam\ would be the folder (if you didn't change the default directory).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom