Esf: Most played Half Life mod.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
BFP was cool for a while. I liked the overall graphics quality and fluidity, but melee combat was so lackluster and you didn't really need any skill for it, that got boring quick.

What I did love, was how you could put entire characters in it, each with custom attacks. I still have an awesome Megaman X character for it. :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright, it's abundantly clear that you have no idea what you're talking about. ESF isn't a fighting game. Tenkaichi is.

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What do you classify ESF then? A racing game? It's a fighter

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
They are like exactly the same gameplay. You fly in and smash someone away and fire beams at them.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure. It's a third person action game? It's definitly not a fighter, though, these games are, but ESF is not like any of them.
Protip : Tenkaichi isn't like any of those games.

I think you are confusing the Budokai games with the Tenkaichi games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's not like a fighter in that you have kick buttons and punch buttons and combinations of buttons that do stuff, but in essence, you go up against people and you fight them by melee and firing beams etc. and in that sense I think it's a fighter.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If I posted Tenkaichi in Synths thread, no one would have a problem. If I posted ESF in there, people would tell me that it's not a fighter.

"It's not like a fighter in that you have kick buttons and punch buttons and combinations of buttons that do stuff"

But that's what a fighter is. I mean, ESF is a multiplayer deathmatch game, can you name one fighter thats a multiplayer death match game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But that's what a fighter is. I mean, ESF is a multiplayer deathmatch game, can you name one fighter thats a multiplayer death match game?
Uhh id call every fighter that because thats what it is.. A multiplayer match to the death..

And seriously they look the same.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In it's most simplest form, a fighter is a game where you control a character with the soul purpose of fighting another character. In ESF you just have less control of how you fight.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't respawn when you die in fighters. If you do, you have three chances and everyones health is full again. Also, theres a max of two players. It's not a deathmatch game, just as ESF isn't a fighter.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You don't respawn when you die in fighters. If you do, you have three chances and everyones health is full again. Also, theres a max of two players. It's not a deathmatch game, just as ESF isn't a fighter.
Don't you respawn when the round ends. :rolleyes:

And there are "Fighters" with more then 2 players. And even some where you carry health between rounds. And even some where you die in 1 hit.

I think you are splitting hairs for no reason at all.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think you're just being pedantic on what is stereotypically a fighting game.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Don't you respawn when the round ends. :rolleyes:

I think you are splitting hairs for no reason at all.
Read my post before you reply.

"You don't respawn when you die in fighters. If you do, you have three chances and everyones health is full again. Also, theres a max of two players. It's not a deathmatch game, just as ESF isn't a fighter."

I'm of the opinion you're splitting hairs for no reason at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom