ESF Mod

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a big shame that in order to make a popular game you have to make it attractive for those who suck ;)

and it's even a bigger shame because that's exactly what's going on with both ecx and esf 1.3 ...

You don't have to agree with me, btw...
You can not really coment on 1.3 since you dont really know about it.

But i think we have enough things for both the new players and the seasoned ones.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's a big shame that in order to make a popular game you have to make it attractive for those who suck ;)

and it's even a bigger shame because that's exactly what's going on with both ecx and esf 1.3 ...

You don't have to agree with me, btw...
Have faith in the team. They haven't been developing ESF for however many long years for the game to be awful.

Best answers
Maybe... but I'm saying this as someone who's been playing ESF 1.2.3 'seriously' for some time and who's very disappointed to see the newest version easier and less skill-based than the old, current version.

I just think the combat system of ESF 1.2.3 is great and is not to be messed with, unless it's improved. I don't consider making anything any easier an improvement (exactly the opposite, tbh...) Actually, ESF Team might have not even known they have created something as wonderful as ESF 1.2.3 melee system by the time they've been working on it...

This game reminds me of DBZ not because of all these KI attacks or transformations, but because the difference between someone good and a newcomer is, as I already said, huge. Winning against anyone only because you play as a better character is not something we've experienced in ESF 1.2.3. This is what I saw in ecx, and I really, really wouldn't like to see that in ESF 1.3. The same with 'ki charge pushes' and other stuff that simplified the game (not to mention the 'hypermode' scam...). While playing ESF 1.2.3 I could beat the crap out of Post-Trans Buu as Pre-Trans Krillin, if the guy with Buu wasn't any good. I didn't even have to swoop, I just kept tele angling his ass...and I did it because I knew how to, not because my character was equipped with something his character wasn't. It's your skill that should count, not the character you play.

Once again, this is my personal opinion, you don't have to agree with it. If you want to keep telling me that I don't know anything about ESF 1.3 then fine, keep saying that as much as you want, see if I care ;) This is how I see 1.3 after playing many of these Betas that were released, including the last one... It reminded me more of ECX than of ESF :rolleyes:

EDIT: Lol, whatever. I don't even know why I'm writing this... I guess I was just pouring out some of my frustration, but I know it won't change anything. I might only piss some people off. If you feel offended by this in any way, ignore it ;)

Last edited:
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Lukash have a little faith in esf_team ;-) even I still have it. (tho its visible only under microscope)

We should rediscuss this topic seriously when 1.3 melee system is revaled

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe... but I'm saying this as someone who's been playing ESF 1.2.3 'seriously' for some time and who's very disappointed to see the newest version easier and less skill-based than the old, current version.

I just think the combat system of ESF 1.2.3 is great and is not to be messed with, unless it's improved. I don't consider making anything any easier an improvement (exactly the opposite, tbh...) Actually, ESF Team might have not even known they have created something as wonderful as ESF 1.2.3 melee system by the time they've been working on it...

This game reminds me of DBZ not because of all these KI attacks or transformations, but because the difference between someone good and a newcomer is, as I already said, huge. Winning against anyone only because you play as a better character is not something we've experienced in ESF 1.2.3. This is what I saw in ecx, and I really, really wouldn't like to see that in ESF 1.3. The same with 'ki charge pushes' and other stuff that simplified the game (not to mention the 'hypermode' scam...). While playing ESF 1.2.3 I could beat the crap out of Post-Trans Buu as Pre-Trans Krillin, if the guy with Buu wasn't any good. I didn't even have to swoop, I just kept tele angling his ass...and I did it because I knew how to, not because my character was equipped with something his character wasn't. It's your skill that should count, not the character you play.

Once again, this is my personal opinion, you don't have to agree with it. If you want to keep telling me that I don't know anything about ESF 1.3 then fine, keep saying that as much as you want, see if I care ;) This is how I see 1.3 after playing many of these Betas that were released, including the last one... It reminded me more of ECX than of ESF :rolleyes:

EDIT: Lol, whatever. I don't even know why I'm writing this... I guess I was just pouring out some of my frustration, but I know it won't change anything. I might only piss some people off. If you feel offended by this in any way, ignore it ;)
Wait. Did i hear that correctly?

You actually LIKE advanced melee O.O

Cause that right there is waht broke the game. Besides do you even know what makes teh difference in skill for ESF. Cause it isnt gameplay.

Best answers
Ahahahah. Geez, man, you totally sound like someone trying to hide his inferiority complex. Good luck to you :cool:

You heard incorrectly. Now go back to elementary school, so you can read and fully understand what I meant :laff:

Peace ^_^

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Let me point you to the part that sounds like you like advanced melee.

I just think the combat system of ESF 1.2.3 is great and is not to be messed with
1.2s combat is a lot worse than 1.1

As for what makes the difference in skill. Its not gameplay. Its the players. The players reaction time along with mouse acuracy and eye-mouse coordination. A pro can own a noob by using nothing more than prepunch all the time in 1.2 for a simple fact. The noob will never hit the pro because the pro will be using anglehits.

1.1 was a lot more noob friendly and a lot more loved by pros and noobs. AS said 1.2 was broken with the addition of advanced melee. Hence why we are fixing that by making 1.3s melee based on 1.1s melee. Meaning a basic melee system enhanced. Wheres the 1.2 melee was totally scrapped and thrown out.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

You're disappointed to see that 1.3 won't be as skilled based as 1.2? Last I checked, many people quit because of the pro's beating them down, never having a chance to fight back. The team decided that this was a big problem and needed to be taken care of.

I don't know if you're one of the pro's in 1.2 (I've never seen your name ingame).. but the melee system is absolutely horrible in 1.2. Advanced Melee is only used when newbies have no idea what they're doing, and the people who are decent at the game only use Simple Melee.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Jesus ****in christ nobody is mentioning adv. melee coz it's obvious falior am I rly only one knowing that ?

p.s. Damaera do you know there is nice polish community actually bigger than eu/us one ? we have like five 24/7 server's running ?

btw. Lukash like every other pro 90% of ingame time goes by fake nick -_-' and i'm kind of amused that he posts his 1.3 frustrations here... also i've noticed by myself esf pros from EU are not active members of this forum

p.s.2 esf lost popluarity over the time becouse of esf_team don't giving a ****. (and i'm thinking about popularity loss over the time not becouse of change from 1.1 to 1.2 >> i write this 2nd time for ones that can't underestand first time << )
They messed up big time coz of not realising patches and fixing inbalances they were just keep on sayin' about 1.3 they couldn't deliver for 5-6 years ?

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
esf is gonna be noob friendly just get over that fact simple melle is gonna be better for pro and noob alike

Best answers
The word 'pro'... too much of a negative undertone for me to call myself like that.

I'm just good, that's enough to know for anyone who's interested in checking that out. If you want, we can always have a quick duel, I don't mind. I don't want to sound 'c o c k y', either.

Besides - I'm not a fan of FFA gameplay, I'm rather a duelist, and that's how I love to play the game ;) Duels on ESF 1.3 Beta are not even close to be as exciting and as skill-based as they are in 1.2. I wouldn't know about 1.1, cause I haven't been playing by the time it was called the newest version of the game. I play the game for quite a long time, though not as long to remember 1.1 times.

BTW, you said people quit because they're being beaten up by 'pros'. That may be true, but I, for example, was albo being beaten up like this by the time I started playing... and I didn't quit. It's up to you, whether you quit or not. If you do, that's your problem. If you don't, well, then it means something. This shouldn't be the reason to simplify the game. It does make a point, I agree, but that's not entirely right. I know many people, besides me, who got their ass kicked pretty bad and they still turned out to be good players.
I guess it's a bit like beating up pledges in college... :p Once you get through the sad beginning, it's really a lot of fun to play while you're good.

And you do the same to others... ;)

EDIT:
we have like five 24/7 server's running
Eight, to be precise :)

Last edited:
Former Forcepit Member :(
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beta theres a word you should read about beta not yet completed not yet fineshed not yet done need i say more

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
p.s.2 esf lost popluarity over the time becouse of esf_team don't giving a ****. (and i'm thinking about popularity loss over the time not becouse of change from 1.1 to 1.2 >> i write this 2nd time for ones that can't underestand first time << )
They messed up big time coz of not realising patches and fixing inbalances they were just keep on sayin' about 1.3 they couldn't deliver for 5-6 years ?
The ESF team released 3 patches.

As for the popularity.

1.1 had twice as many servers up and runnin after a year than 1.2 did only after 2 months.

Explain that then. Sure the loss over time happened. But the most firce blow was the first 2 months after 1.2s release. That was well before 1.2.3 was even released. The old people hated what 1.2s melee looked like. The fact that you were slowed down to a crawl and the entire advanced melee thing turned them away. Allmost 50% of the comunity quit because of that. The rest of the comunity stuck round and then started dissapearing later.

@topic

As for simplicity. 1.1 was 3 times simpler than 1.2 yet the differences betwean pros and noobs were even greater than in 1.2

In 1.1 pros were literaly gods. In 1.2 the gap is a lot smaller.

So again. How many times must i say this before you get it into your heads. A pro can own a noob with prepunch alone. the fact that the noob has to react faster in order to keep up with the pro doesnt change in 1.3

This means if youre reactions are better and your coordination with the mouse is better. You will still win. Why cause you can still do anglehits. The anglehits are the true skill in ESF. Hitting your oponendt without getting hit yerself while going straight at each other. Thats what makes a difference in skill.

Quite the oposite of what you are stating. Itll be a bit harder for the pros. Cause the speeds in 1.3 are faster than 1.2 So their reactions and precission will be under more stress.

But do tell me one thing. What are you basing your acusations of crappy gameplay on?

The open beta? That is like a totally different game compared to the current inteam.

1.2.3? Same as the open beta. Its totally different.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Lukash, what's your ingame name? Anyway, I love me a good argument, so I'll join in

• You're basing your opinion of the current inteam on the open betas. The open betas are incomplete, and not really representative of where the game is at right now. The ESF team weren't even sure how melee would work when the open betas were released.
  • The fact that the next version of ESF should be easier for noobs does not mean the game won't be deep. Noob friendly simply means that the controls have been improved, there will be an ingame tutorial (and ingame popups) to teach everyone the basics, and the game will have better graphics / animations, something which should hopefully keep the attention of newer players.
  • You like dueling. You should be glad to hear that the next version of ESF will have a game mode specifically made for tournaments / duels. Also, at any time in a FFA, if you want to 1 v 1 someone without being interrupted, you can do so with the press of a button. If you've ever played Jedi Knight Outcast or Academy, the duel system should be pretty similar to the one in that game.
  • With all of that being said, the next version of ESF will not be 1.2.3. Everyone needs to realize that. If you're not open to change, you're going to hate the next version of ESF. Most of the 'pros' from 1.1 thought 1.2.3 was inferior simply because it was different. Those that stuck around to actually learn the ins and outs of the game realized that it was a great game in it's own right. Don't make the same mistake that most pros from 1.1 made. When the next version comes out, actually give it a chance.

@Grega: I wouldn't say 1.2 combat is worse then 1.1. It's just different.

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You can spawn and shoot ki blasts at yourself if you think that's fun, or you can practice and actually get good.
That killed me LMAO.
I remember 6 years ago when i played esf through the lan, as i started, i was the best.
When i remembered this game, i searched for it and now i am not the one who keeps doing spirit bombs for noobness sake.Other way spirit bombs is fun to kiblob them and they instantly explode as they release it ;D
If you wanna learn to play i would recommend you play agains bots,if you crush them really fast, you will be teached something if the players is good there that came :devsmile:

Best answers
I've found a few people who have helped me, and ive tried to help others as best I can. I get ya on the schedules.

I move as much as I can lol. Seems like the others can move more(though its probably just that they are moving strategically and charging at certain points).

Is that thing about the bumping your sig? Because as far as I know this is my only post, unless I made one and forgot about it.

Hey, if you're looking for some legitimate assistance I'm sure you can find a couple of people who'd be willing to show you some tricks without bouncing you off of the walls. Try the Guest forum first, and if you can't find somebody inside of a couple of days you can try sending me a PM and I'll try to brush off some dust in a server. No promises, my schedule hasn't been the most forgiving lately, but I'll make an effort.

The game has a huge learning curve, and after you pass the point of being a new player you're going to find yourself on auto pilot in free for all servers every round. Staying on the move keeps you alive in a free for all, and nailing players with their back turned to you is how you're going to raise your power level to keep yourself competitive with the better players in the room. It's chaotic, and it turns off newer players, but in time you learn to live with it, and accept that there are people out there willing to duel you in the security of their own servers (or yours).

Also- Please don't double-post on the boards. Use the edit command on your old post if it happens to be the oldest post in the thread. Posting again bumps it to the top, but we'd prefer users didn't bump their own posts... makes the boards easier to maintain.
And wow and the number of replies lol

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Sub, his ingame name is Lukash, he's an average skilled player.

It's just as Sub mentioned, 1.3 will not be inferior, but it definitely will be different. Beginners will have a better time guaranteed. Pros will still be what they are, pros. Unless you're unable to adapt that is. From 1.1 to 1.2, the "pros" basically remained the same people. And imo, the gameplay difference between 1.1 and 1.2 were more drastic than the jump from 1.2 to 1.3.

Don't compare open beta to 1.3, the difference between 1.3 to open beta in my opinion, is as different as 1.2 is to open beta. So since you don't even know much about 1.3 you're not in a position to say it will fail. Just as everyone says, have faith.

Also, I'm down for that quick duel you mentioned. I'd even give you a 200 ping advantage. Add me: i0l

p.s. Damaera do you know there is nice polish community actually bigger than eu/us one ? we have like five 24/7 server's running ?
Isn't Poland considered Europe anyway? Unless you guys are running pirated servers, I don't see even a single Polish server. Anyway between US and EU, there's 7 servers.

Last edited:
Best answers
Sub, his ingame name is Lukash, he's an average skilled player.
Funny, I already fought you under a fake nick and that's exactly what I think of you :)
I accept the challenge, of course ;)
And the ping advantage... nah, not necessary :p

And yes, we're running non-steam servers.

The Prodigy
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
That's funny, then it must have been quite a beat down for you :p Since I only recall losing once to a euro player within the passed couple years. Anyway, add me already since you're on.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In 1.1 pros were literaly gods. In 1.2 the gap is a lot smaller.

So again. How many times must i say this before you get it into your heads. A pro can own a noob with prepunch alone. the fact that the noob has to react faster in order to keep up with the pro doesnt change in 1.3
You are right in the fact that the gap between 'pros' and 'noobs' in 1.1 was staggering, but there were hundreds of more players so the gap was offset by the massive following. In 1.2.3 it seems the community is solely comprised of 'pros' and 'noobs' so it appears a lot worse. Average players seem to have died off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom