ESF Mapping Contest !!!

Best answers
Hello!

If I post this topic, it’s because I need your help!
Since one month, on the http://www.mapping-area.com forum (french site), a project about the mapping had been accepted.

This contest is different of the others because he is dedicated to the Earth`s Special Forces HL mod.

The choice of doing a contest for ESF has been made for 3 reasons.

-For the simplicity of making customs maps (it’s accessible to rookies and experts mappers)
-To go against contests always dedicated to Counter-Strike, and to show to the HL community that there are other things than CS, NS, DoD or HL...
-If a obtain the help I need and if the contest starts, it will be the first of the genre.

But to assure the contest’s minimal success, I need the participation of some partners who will have to suggest prizes to the future winners of this contest...

I’m not searching for material prizes but « services »…
All suggestions will be welcomed.

An example: One or many servers running the winning map during a determined time.
Or some websites who will accept to host a part of contest’s productions…

For anybody who wants to help me, please contact me at this email address :
[email protected]

The contest will start in a couple of months and a tutorial dedicated to the features of the mod (in french) had been composed to help future participants.

For any questions or comments, I invite you to react on Mapping-Area’s forums.

Thank you for having taken some time to read me.

Daivy

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's Earth`s Special Forces :p. And I am also thinking this would have been best in the mapping section...

But other than that, I don't know what kind of support your gonna get since there aren't that many mappers around here (unless you are depending on fans of your site). And shouldn't you post some rules? What can and cannot be used... *cough* terrain generators *cough*.

Best answers
This competition is not launched yet.
It is necessary to find partners, it is the reason of my post...
For the rules I can advance nothing at the moment.
I can just say that the subject will be in touch with the world of DBZ...

PS : You can use terrain generators of course!!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I see your good intentions, but I don't know what's going to turn up from them. Most mappers around here are on one or more projects, so I don't know if you're going to get many applicants.
When you do hold this competition though, allowing maps made with terrain generators would be a big mistake.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then count me out, terrain generators just give that edge of experience right up and plus that isn't mapping, a program is doing it for you :S

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
esf maps generated by terrain generators = u will get flamed.

anyways .. contact me if u want esf-world.com to be involved / need help

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
esf maps generated by terrain generators = u will get flamed.

anyways .. contact me if u want esf-world.com to be involved / need help
DJ is right, the best maps are made with awesome terrain (drools at zero's new map). Letting other people cheat their way into having the best maps is not fair. This isn't CS or DoD or NS where terrain is just for decoration, it is an entire map we are talking about here!

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
beside that, a map made by a terrain generator can never be as good as one made by hand ;) ... every skilled mapper will rapidly notice if a map is made by hand or by a terrain generator.

Best answers
Thank you for your remarks and thank you for your proposition DJ-Ready i will contact you soon.
About TG the future applicants will make as they want. If in final they make beautiful maps I do not see the inconvéniant.
But it is not the problem.
My main objective is to find partners.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
What are you gonna be grading the map on? Just how it looks or will you go into r_speeds?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Both would be the best, if you can create a nice looking map that runs great on all kinds of computers, it prooves you are creative mapper. If there will be a contest, i'll gladly participate in it.

Best answers
I'll be there too:D like the idea;) and terain generators users are "cheaters" who don't know how to make a map themselves..

but it's a good help by learning to create that kind of surfaces

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
i wont take place in the contest :p already busy with maps ^_^
but i could help with the jury/rating ... since i know whats good and bad haha

*btw, im officially dev member now yay!*

Best answers
if you can create a nice looking map that runs great on all kinds of computers, it prooves you are creative mapper
I think the same thing...
If there will be a contest, i'll gladly participate in it.
Great!!! ;)
I will prevent you when the contest will begin...
but i could help with the jury/rating ... since i know whats good and bad haha
No problem!!!
DJ ready did you see that I had sent you a mail???

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
on topic
when will this contest begin? not exact date but is it like in 1 week or like in 1 month ...

off topic
no, perhaps it was filtered to spam .. i get like 200 mails per day with worm.sco.a or sumthin ...
contact me via icq,msn,aim or irc instead.

Best answers
I don't know when the contest will begin...
I am speaking about this with the responsibles of mapping-area (www.mapping-area.com)

I think the contest will launched in few months...
(2 or maybe 3!!!)
First I must find a server could make turn the winning
maps during a few times.

I will add your contact in my msn list... ;)

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Daivy said:
An example: One or many servers running the winning map during a determined time.
Or some websites who will accept to host a part of contest’s productions…
I will be glad to run the winning map on my server. Also, I will be glad to host the winning map if we can, I have to talk to my web designer first though.

Contact me through my forums which you can find at our website http://www.esfriced.saiyans.ws/main.php

Best answers
Are u all blind don't get mad for me saying this but when i overlooked the tree's and textures of BF1942 its looked realy like the new map's textures and tree i dunno if they are one in the same and don't care because it looks pretty good and gl with your tournament

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom