ESF is Ruined

kgb

Best answers
hey iv been playing esf since it first came out of course under another name, but i can't believe what you did to your mod you killed it. It use to be fast paced and fun, now its just slow and boring why did you guys make esf aimed at the noobs who could never melee and would cry and say hacker if you did a combo on them. Well i hope you at least bring the old way back this new stuff is crap. I don't see how you guys could take a fun computer game and make it suck how do you do that? if you want to delete this thread ban me do it i don't care, but to all the people who were your fans before for making a good game I can say you lost them and im sure you know that to. well I hope one day you will fix your game, and bring back to the glory it once had. Now its just garbage, and if you dissagree with me i wouldn't care ask all the old people who use to play what they think of the new esf most people will agree with what i just said.

Best answers
ummm wrong, i actually think its a million times more fun now and ive been here since the start. i kind of doubt uve been here since then, if u were, what was ur old name?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no one's stopping you from going back and finding other people and playing old versions with them...

you probably wont find anyone though as you are probably the only one who doesnt like 1.2

Best answers
If you don't put any reasoning into your opinion, it's useless. You don't think it's as fast paced. If I said, "Well, I do", then we wouldn't get anywhere, would we?

If anything, it's even faster paced. Chain swooping and boosted beam jumping (turbo beam jump gets you across the map in one go) means that it's harder to sit in a corner and wait for someone to approach you before detonating a kame. Also, free form swooping (no more cruddy locking on) makes for more intuitive movement.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Go play beta 1.0 or beta 1.1 if you don't like advanced melee. By judging your post, i'd say, you used to be pretty good with melee, and now you can't do **** and you're a crying little noob yourself.

Best answers
Personally, I prefered the later alphas (1.9 , 2.0) to any of the beta versions. Thats just me.

I don't like 1.2 much either, but if you say its slower than the other versions... well, your just wrong. I may not like 1.2, but at least I know its faster than the other versions

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, 1.2 is better in many ways. Chain swooping is a significant upgrade in esf and i use it frequently. However, i disagree with it being faster paced. At the moment, advanced melee is slow and boring. I find myself using 1.1 melee much more than advanced melee. Now dont start rambling by saying i hate it cause i suck. I actually dont suck at advanced melee. Im just saying that in 1.1, you had to think on your feet. You had to be ready to move at any given time. When you begin the combo, you are given too much time to figure out your enemy's moves, thus making it slow and boring.

Kgb, this will change though. In case you havent heard, a patch is being made and it will make the game much faster and much more enjoyable. Read the dev journals if you want the specifics. And dont be so quick in making your judgement. It's been out for less than a month. Give it a chance.

P.S. I still like 1.1 melee. The chain swooping makes it even more effective against other melee-ers (especially those that use advanced melee).

Best answers
if u dont like it dont play it...
or make your own game with what u want... (ohh that will i see :))

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i think 1.2 rules and i cant wait to see what godies the team will come up next and about the patch i think that the team wanted to get peuple used to the new system before the melee is faster
ANYWAYS the game rules and it was the most downloaded ESF version ener

Best answers
I like 1.2 melee a lot better because it opens more posibilitys to the figth, makes it more complicated in a way kuz it aint just target-swoop-hit all the time, though it is true that you can predict your oponents moves, i think that a good solution for that is to add more combos. I also loved the detail that you dont have to target to swoop, now you are free to swoop in any direction, also you can chain-swoop. And for those who like the 1.1 melee, well it diddnt dissapear you can still use it, I use it alot too.
I give my congratulations to the esf-team for a great work and i dare to think many of us do. Keep it up! :D

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well this is just spam if he's not going to give any reasons so I'll go ahead and close it. If he wants to cry about a system that is already being patched without reading the forums about it he can do that in IRC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom