ESF, Help a noob

Best answers
Hey, i recently installed Half Life and played it once, then i installed ESF 1.1, i installed it correctly, and i opened it, then when i go to click new game or console, it comes up with a message saying "could not connect to DLL API!" that is so far my only problem with my ESF game, please help a noob that is very angry.
Thanks.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Do you have steam ?

Also, you might want to download 1.2.3.

Best answers
shot, thanks for that....i think Half Life is currently running on WON, ill get steam and also the 1.2.3 thing, is that a patch or upgrade?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2.3 is the latest patch for the game. It includes bug fixes and new maps. Welcome to ESF.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.2.3 also removes a lot of anty-steam users, it disables the won users completely.(thanks esf for all your **** work)

Best answers
and whats so bad about steam?....besides ur gonna have to switch to steam eventually if u wanna play hl2/cs:source/dod:source etc online....

Best answers
If i have to give a grade to steam and won it would be this (this is honest!)

Steam: 6

Won: 7 leaning towards 8

Why? WON, simple, can create your own game easely, no constant BS updates, and tbh better performance.

Good things about steam (the few): Games&Mods downloaded easely, installed easy, and (IF it works) friendlist.

Tbh, a Updated WON system would kick steam's but.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
niobe said:
1.2.3 also removes a lot of anty-steam users, it disables the won users completely.(thanks esf for all your **** work)
1.2.3 was a map fix..no tweaks to the code or anything..

Moved to Help.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well as much as i liked won they couldnt update it far enough to support hl2 (which happens to be the ENTIRE reason they created steam)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i dont see a major diference in the boath so if you ask me id say they are the same STEAM is only better in keeping illegal copys out :laff:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom