ESF Forum Instant Messenger?

Should ESF Forum have a IM contained in it?

• Yes! I like the idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! Bad Idea! (Please explain why in a post)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This suggestion is for the forum itself, not the game.
There have been several occasions where my buddies and I are online on the forum at the same time. I know we could both go on AIM or MSN or something, but it would be cool to chat through the forum. When you're both on, chatting would be MUCH easier than PMing eachother. If there was like, a pop up window, or maybe a small window on your User CP where you could invite friends to a conversation.
Well, what do you guys think?

Best answers
How the hell could they do this? No current vBulletin forum i know of has such a hack, so the team would have to create it themselves, competely destroying any sort of time to work on ESF.

Possibly setting up an mIRC channel sure, but this would be FAR too much work...

Best answers
True, but it would be less troublesome for me if they could do it. I don't have MSN messenger.

Best answers
Then use IRC or download MSN messenger!

Common sense people! Not only can you just do that, i dunno if the ESF team even has the knowledge to do such a thing. I've know of a "chat box" hack where you have a little box to chat in, but a messenger service of some kind would take ALOT of work they shouldnt do.

Best answers
But, I don't WANT to download MSN. I usually use something else, like Yahoo Messenger, and that's a pain to get working. Why can't you people that say stuff like that, and make us all mad and stuff, just get it through your thick skulls. WE LIKE CONVENIENCE. WE are the lazy people of the world, born to do stupid things to get around doing the hard things. I'm sure you would use it too, if they ever could get it working. It is impossible, I'm sure. But here's to the dreamers, a'ight?

Best answers
Sure, it'd be "convient" but it wouldnt be practical. Like i said, i dont even think the team would have extensive enough knowledge with vBulletin to be able to create such a thing.

I guarantee you man, it'd be alot more pain to get something like this implemented into the forum than the pain it is to get yahoo messenger working.

If you really want a nice messenger though, try www.trillian.cc

It combines AIM, Yahoo!, MSN, ICQ, and IRC all into one nifty program. Very cool :)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Already I see both sides of the argument. Yes I do agree that it isn't an easy thing to do Zealous, but if it was ever done it would be wonderful.

*EDIT* A few spelling errors :rolleyes:

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well how about when one of your palls is on irc a pop up appears that says ".......... on IRC".

Best answers
Note even sure if that would even be very easy. The forums would have to contact every IRC server. Very difficult to do...

Like i said guys, just use standard messengers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom