ESF: Final How bad ya want it?!

ESF: Final - How Bad ya want it?!

• OMG I have to have this now!!

Votes: 23 34.8%
  • I've been waiting impatiently.

Votes: 7 10.6%
  • I could wait a little longer...

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • What are you talk'in about? I already got it!

• ESF? Meh.. Gimmi pie!

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Most feedback was "OMG this is buggy you guys suck" and similar responses.
Sounds familiar... but if you tell the testers that this is how a bug report looks like :

Date - Character(-Skill)/Map Name
Description : This happend when i was playing as X and pressed "asdf"+Ctrl+"Q" and it did "THIS". Is this a bug?

And if they cant do that... you can ban them from that "private" bugtester forum.
If they cant read, or use the search and post after -> ban

Or you give out BetaTester Keys
I mean you create an ESF:F BETA TEST server and give login rights to the testers by their Steam ID.

Kinda hard but at least you get a decent tester team that you can track on the forums and on the server too :p

Last edited:
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I seriously suggest no beta since it will just kills the suspense of releasing the final version :p

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well I dont think so. :)
For example I have been in StarCraft II Beta for a while... and my opinions not really changed, but thx to it Blizz managed to balance out the 3 classez.
(And fix tons of bugs.)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never got the idea behind the Open Beta... was there maybe one update/patch that people could download?

It didn't feel very open.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would have probably gotten a lot more updates if people didn't ***** and moan about it being buggy, and instead sought to find the bugs to make the game less buggy. It seems though, that most of the community never got that point.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Imagine these people at the doctor

- Good morning, what is your problem?
- I'm sick.
- Ok and the symptoms?
- I'm sick... :/

Thats why they need to sort out the "incapable testers"!

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well I dont think so. :)
For example I have been in StarCraft II Beta for a while... and my opinions not really changed, but thx to it Blizz managed to balance out the 3 classez.
(And fix tons of bugs.)
But thats the difference. Star craft is closed Beta. Only the selected people get it. ESF was open Beta freely accessible to everyone.

We do have a closed beta testing group that has a meeting every sunday. But thats not the point behind the open beta.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Than just create an open beta, create your Own Beta server.
Disable the server creation option in the client that the testers download, so your server will be the only 1. And if some idiot posts crap on the forum.. ban their steam id till the end of the month. This is one option or you open it again and the forum moderators read and sort out the crap. :/

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Than just create an open beta, create your Own Beta server.
Disable the server creation option in the client that the testers download, so your server will be the only 1. And if some idiot posts crap on the forum.. ban their steam id till the end of the month. This is one option or you open it again and the forum moderators read and sort out the crap. :/

The point of only one server being..? Seriously, if they would open a server for 16 people, for every to join, it just wouldn't work. We'd get a massive surge of people thinking that a new ESF version is released, they all try to go on to that single server, the server will constantly crash. Everyone will still be *****ing about it being buggy. People don't read, that is a fact, so they wouldn't even know this is a new Open Beta. The game should stay closed until the final release, that's it, no discussion about it. Opening the game again will only ruin the fanbase.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The point of only one server being..? Seriously, if they would open a server for 16 people, for every to join, it just wouldn't work. We'd get a massive surge of people thinking that a new ESF version is released, they all try to go on to that single server, the server will constantly crash. Everyone will still be *****ing about it being buggy. People don't read, that is a fact, so they wouldn't even know this is a new Open Beta. The game should stay closed until the final release, that's it, no discussion about it. Opening the game again will only ruin the fanbase.
Indeed as stayed about. The fans would get tired of dealing with the same bugs over and over again and would ultimately give up on playing and not come back. People keep coming back from anticipation to see a near decade old game showing what everyone has wanted since the beginning. Let alone the wait will be worth the time spent. Just kick back and play a few other games while waiting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People wouldn't even be able to play at all. On a server that only allows 16 people, having hundreds of people that want to join, and they will not be able to. This will lead to massive disappointments.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
People wouldn't even be able to play at all. On a server that only allows 16 people, having hundreds of people that want to join, and they will not be able to. This will lead to massive disappointments.
Massivelly agreed.

Upload server clients so that we can make 10 servers with 16 players each.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You still don't get the point, do you? You will only get a lot of complaining idiots on these forums, complaining about the game being buggy. People don't understand the concept of an Open Beta, they only read Beta, nothing else, so they expect this to be a fully working game. You might not, but the rest of the community that still live outside of these forums will. And by giving them false hope because you are releasing a very buggy beta version, you'll effectively ruin that fanbase whom are not registered on the forums at this time.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
You still don't get the point, do you? You will only get a lot of complaining idiots on these forums, complaining about the game being buggy. People don't understand the concept of an Open Beta, they only read Beta, nothing else, so they expect this to be a fully working game. You might not, but the rest of the community that still live outside of these forums will. And by giving them false hope because you are releasing a very buggy beta version, you'll effectively ruin that fanbase whom are not registered on the forums at this time.
Which I know for sure and I posted on a sarcastic way of being, but you already knew that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well ok thats pobably true, too bad that becouse of these idiots we miss the canhce of the beta.
Do you intend to recruit into the private beta?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
They already got many professional beta testers around.
I just wonder how much effort they put into this game, since videos and pics seem to be like a masterpiece, artwork, effects and modelling.
Wonder also how they manage to reduce FPS loss with so many particles.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually we may be recruting testers again soon. But nothing certain yet ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom