ESF Fanatics Poll #1

Which would you like to see most on an ESF Website??

• ESF Staff Interviews

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Huge Tournament League System

• Large Filebase

• Other (define please)

• Total voters
Best answers
Ok...I was wondering what you guys would like to see the most out of all these choices. Already, I have a potential interviews with several ESF staff members and a huge tourny system...I just want to see if you guys would be interested in viewing those. Let me know what you think or your ideas.

Jarrstin
<p><a href="http://www.freewebs.com/esf_fanatics/">http://www.freewebs.com/esf_fanatics/</a> Head Admin

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd rather see the files than interviews and tourneys.

Best answers
I voted filebase. The ESF devs keep in pretty good touch with the fanbase, and the fanbase is relatively small, so interviews aren't really necessary. Earth Leauge is the huge tournament you were suggesting.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Filebase, the more people willing to host files for ESF, the better.

Best answers
Very true Magus, A large filebase would help alot.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I would like to see some interviews with the staff, it would be cool to get to know the people who make this awesome game.

i wish i could vote twice though, because esf needs a larger filebase(since redsaiyan.net is gone) for models, maps, weapon/aura sprites, etc etc.

Best answers
Interviews - No point, Dev Journals.
Huge Tournament League System - Earth League
Large Filebase - ESFSTUFF

Dude dont be a fool, you really expect to host files on a free web host? Get a clue because you have no chance against ESFSTUFF now that they are up. You really think you can compete? Well get ready to be burnt baby cause your going down in SM0KES :]

EDIT - Come on, you can do better than a smudge tool banner thats saved in low-quality jpeg type cant you? Your site is bad, and your offering $100 for a first place winner... Yeah, sure, good luck. And I think you should give credits to the scripts you took from Dynamic Drive ;)

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As much as I hate to say it Kame is right about the file database

There is no way that your going to be able to have a file database on a free host. ESFStuff has got you there.

Yet I still get to disagree

People will still participate in League's though apart from EL
And Dev Journals have nothing todo with interviews, Interviews would be good

Best answers
WTF? I didn't insult you Kame-Haka. It's the first website I've ever worked on. I bet you didnt do as good as that piece my site your first attempt. When I get used to do stuff like it, it will look better.

And if I started hosting files, it wouldn't be on free servers. I would get a new paid server.

And no...I didnt get the script from that site. I got it from my friend who MADE the damn thing. He told me to make it look better that I didnt have to put his name on there...just to make me feel like I can design a site better... And ESFstuff has no good files at all. It wont blow me out of the water cause it doesnt have water to fill the tank. ESF World would before they would...and we're using their links cause they are a great site that helps the little sites.

So please, Im pretty sure you can do better then just insulting people on their work. If you think you can do better, maybe you could try helping me, as I do need som help on the site

Edit: Thanks for everyone else's thoughts. I actually planned on doing all these, but with this it shows me which to start working on first. Now, to start saving up some extra money for a server and domain name. With the tournament system Im starting, I'm going to start working on an easier way to sign up. And for interviews, yes I got one comming up on the site soon...won't say who though untill it's up. Thanks again.

Jarrett

Best answers
Give it up. There is no point doing a league, because Earth Leaugue will blow you out of the water! How are you going to pay $100 to a winner?

You may think I'm stupid, but I'm not -- I know ESFSTUFF will blow you out of the water. You wont be able to have a filebase like their's because its user-submitted and I probably bet the official files will be hosted there too. You didnt insult me, I just felt like insulting something that was such a poor attempt and rubbish. Come back when you actually have a clue about stuff like this ^_~

Don't piss me off, you wouldnt like me when I'm pissed off.

Seph~

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Kame-Haka said:
Give it up. There is no point doing a league, because Earth Leaugue will blow you out of the water! How are you going to pay $100 to a winner?

You may think I'm stupid, but I'm not -- I know ESFSTUFF will blow you out of the water. You wont be able to have a filebase like their's because its user-submitted and I probably bet the official files will be hosted there too. You didnt insult me, I just felt like insulting something that was such a poor attempt and rubbish. Come back when you actually have a clue about stuff like this ^_~

Don't piss me off, you wouldnt like me when I'm pissed off.

Seph~
I think this is slightly unecessary, i mean he didn't actually state he was competing against Earth League or ESFSTUFF. He's doing it from his own spare time, and his own enjoyment, and i appreciate him for doing such. So why don't you stay quite and keep your opinions to yourself?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'd have to say I'd like to see Interviews. Dev journals have to do with the development of the game. Interviews can cover that and allow us to get to know the team better.

If you want to put a database up that's great, the more the better I say. For crying out loud Kame-Haka, why are you trying to deter him? Stop being an idiot and keep your mouth shut.

Best answers
Interviews would definalty be my first choice, but if you can cover all the bases more power to you.

On a side note, I have notice a trend on these forums of malicious, mean spirited posts brought about with out any provocation what so ever (This topic includeing a fine example of). What exactly is there to be gained by contributeing to makeing a gameing forum, (a place to discuss with people a similar interest, and a fun hobby) into a hostile environment? I don't see how a little bit of courtesy and respect for your fellow posters would kill you.

Anyhoo had to get that off my mind, been bugging me.

Good luck with your site.

Best answers
i voted for filebase
more would be better
but i know how it is, i had a site and it got x_x
on another note
if u host stuff for esf u better be prepared with a lot i mean lot of bandwidth
mine had 1gb used everyday and it added up to 110gb in 2 months and i had few files :eek: just a lil info

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Interviews ... erm ... yeah ... I .... *no comment*
add: btw ... Jarrestin ... my provider said your eMail is 75-100% definitly spam ... so I didn't recieve it at once
also: eMailing team member wasn't the best idea ... catch "them" when they go online in IRC ...
2. League ... look to the left ... the icon called "Earth League" ... press it
3. Filebase ... just look this ... I think esforces uses already enough webspace ... so it's not so easy to add files just as you said it ... just goto main page and look to the left ... there's an icon called www.esf-world.de ... then there's www.esfstuff.com .... blah blah blah ... I think there're enough filebases about ESF ...
4. Other ... I voted this but I don't have aything to say here ;)

Best answers
Yeah, but most of earth's league members are inactive, as whenever I try to challange someone, I never get a response. Also, they don't have tournaments where cash prizes of $100 and more are being handed out. All the details are on the site in my sig for anyone interested.

As for files...I have permission to have a direct link to esf-worlds.de, so my files section is great....though it's not actually mine :( Eventually, when I move to a non-free host, I'll put files up.

And as for an interview, I already got one. It was with stryker. I don't know why your service provider said my email was spam...unless they consider everything from hotmail spam......

Best answers
Ive voted on number 1, id like to know how they came up with the idea and more

Best answers
ESF does need a larger filebase, though I voted for staff interviews.

By the way : RED SAIYAN IS GONE?! WHY IS IT CLOSED DOWN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom