ESF ECX RC2 Problems

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
This looks like a fun game, but I'm having some problems with it.
First, ordinary Open Beta Final seems completely unable to find servers on the in-game browser. Is there a way to fix that? On private servers that I start for myself, it crashes whenever any bots are created.
On ECX RC2 the menu looks exactly the same as Half-Life (except for the background) and, although it can now see other servers, it can't connect because my 'dll differs from the server'. I cannot launch my own server game in ECX RC2 because it just crashes.
Have I installed this horribly wrong or something? I certainly didn't anticipate so many bugs as for it to be completely unstartable... o_o

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Can you describe the exact order of how you installed everything from number 1 (starting with Half-Life) to the last thing you installed.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Can you describe the exact order of how you installed everything from number 1 (starting with Half-Life) to the last thing you installed.
Sure. I installed Half Life a fair time ago, and it has worked fine. I put the (now really old) high definition pack onto it, which is an official release through steam. I hadn't touched Half-Life since May 2012. I installed the ESF Open Beta Final on its own, and played around with it for a bit. As I have said, it crashed when I put bots onto it, and it couldn't detect servers on the server list.
I thought that these problems might be addressed in the ECX RC2 version, so I installed that next. That worked even less, with the menu layout, buttons and text being identical to Half Life and it being completely unable to load any anything at all, although it could detect other servers that were unconnectable because of a difference in .dll's or some such thing.
Thinking once more that the ECX Big Pack might solve these problems, I tried installing that as best as I could with the somewhat cryptic readme file's instructions. It seems to have had no effect.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I would recommend fully uninstalling/ deleting the ESF folder, and maybe even half-life(i'm not sure if the Hi-Deffinition pack for half-life would at all cause ESF to have issues or not).

1. Re-install Half-Life // 1.5. Make sure it runs!

2. Install ESF 1.2.3. // 2.5. Make sure this runs too!

3. Install ESF: ECX RC2 add-on

4. Install BIG PACK (It's the final piece to the puzzle that is ECX RC2)

5. Play the game!

Sorry if it's not a very elaborate description but it is a simple formula that has always worked for me. ESF Open Beta Final, does NOT have working bots, and there is no way around preventing the game from crashing when you spawn one, and there is no server compatibility for it either. Though, if you'd like to play with someone on the beta refer to http://forum.esforces.com/threads/154956-Does-noone-play-the-Beta-version/page2

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nah im guessing he installed ECX without first installing 1.2.3 ^^

As for the open beta. Nothing is wrong with the server browser, its just that no one plays it. And the bots crash the game because they use outdated code ^^

As for ECX you first need to install ESF 1.2.3, before installing ECX.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Did what you said, looks like I did miss out 1.2.3. Works fine now! Thanks very much!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Good luck with the game, man. ECX is alot of fun, up until people start spamming telesense and gogeta attacks.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
Hey everyone, my brother seems to be having an issue with the ECX server. It just flat out won't let him connect to it.. We can join the 1.2.3 server okay, but it seems to only let me log into the EXC server, he keeps getting a "retrying connection issue"

I really want to get my brother back into the game (he used to be GODLY, for those who remember the original KaOs) But he wants ssj4 goku lol. SO any help is appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom