ESF Downloads (Working)

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Seeing that was what made me look for other download links in the first place...
Like I said before all the links posted on the main page or the forum are dead.

If you actually try to download any of the ESF files on http://www.gamefront.com/files/listing/gamingfiles/Half-Life/Mods/Multiplayer/Earth_Special_Forces you get a FILE_NOT_FOUND.

Also the .torrent in the announcement (ESF Downloads) don't have any seeders which makes them pretty pointless.

Why haven't the main page links been updated? That would stop threads like these. Cheers for the links anyway GoldenBlade :)
The main page links [HL2Files/FileFront] redirect you to the same gamefront.com links posted on the annoucement which are dead.

Cheers and thx

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wtf is going on :-$ I downloaded and installed esf from the links on the main site a couple of weeks ago.

They have always worked for me whenever I tried.

EDIT: I just tried again and I can download from the links on the main site to my touchpad with no errors or anything.

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The HL2 Files link is fine for me. Rapidshare and the other one doesn't work. There are also links on the add ons page that don't work, again I think it's the rapidshare one.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Two out of three links are.

That's just for 1.2.3. I didn't test any of the other links, and keep in mind there's also the add ons page.

The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
GameFront is working perfectly. My torrents are working as well, because they are web-seeded. Of course, they would be working even better if people kept seeding.

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
GameFront is working perfectly. My torrents are working as well, because they are web-seeded. Of course, they would be working even better if people kept seeding.
Well I'm sorry about that but GameFront is NOT working perfectly at all. And this is as far as I go in trying to HELP.

I ain't stupid, before I started the thread I checked the existing links both in the main page and the forum because I wanted to download ESF and when that didn't work I turned off my anti-virus and firewall and every single program that could be blocking me.

When that didn't work either I tried using a different browser and then another and then I tried on two other computers and in neither of them worked.
Finally I even bothered to ask someone else to try it and the result was the same.

I don't know how GameFront works for you guys to be able to download while I cannot, maybe it chooses a different server based on location dunno, but the thing is I can assure you I ain't the only one to who this is happening.

Also I didn't say the torrents weren't working, I said that they didn't have any seeders. A 185mb download shouldn't take days.

As for the links I posted I do not own them and some are from MODDB, what better place to download a mod? Add them or not to the others it's your call.

Have a nice day, cheers!

EDIT: Just found out why it wasn't working. Turns up that GameFront doesn't work in all countries and actually leaves beside quite a couple countries being one of them my own (ex. Span, France, Portugal, etc...). You can check the list here http://www.gamefront.com/file-hosting-faq/

Last edited:
The very best there is.
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
GameFront is working. I tried downloading 1.2.3, the Open Beta as well as ECX - all downloads are working. If you don't believe me, I'll be happy to record it for you. After all, I downloaded the files for the torrents from there. Also, you might want to look up web-seeding.

If GameFront isn't working for you, you might want to contact them.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Fuzzy, there have been a few threads like this, so clearly Gamefront isn't working for some people. It would be nice to have more download links on the main page regardless, I don't see the argument in that.

ReMember
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
GameFront is working. I tried downloading 1.2.3, the Open Beta as well as ECX - all downloads are working. If you don't believe me, I'll be happy to record it for you. After all, I downloaded the files for the torrents from there. Also, you might want to look up web-seeding.

If GameFront isn't working for you, you might want to contact them.
Of course I believe you, it is simply not working for everyone. You were the one that didn't believe me :-/

There have been a few threads like this, so clearly Gamefront isn't working for some people. It would be nice to have more download links on the main page regardless, I don't see the argument in that.
Check the EDIT on my previous post. The GameFront mystery is solved, they don't cover the whole world although they cover all the third world countries

I think the other links should be added since some countries aren't allowed to download in the current ones.

Please don't let this die or fall behind in the forum without adding the links or we will see more people with the same problem.
This is up for closing now.

Cheers!

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ah, that does make sense. Thanks for actually going out of your way to help, I'm sure they'll fix the links.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom