ESF crashes before starting

Best answers
I recently installed the ESF 1.2.3 patch and the Half Life update (I think it's the current one, it's 1.0.0.8), and any Half Life mod besides ESF will work when I go in to LAN game, but not ESF. Instead before it's about to start, when it's loading the sounds etc, it comes up with an error for Half Life about having encountered an error and needs to close, where you can send an error report. Half Life never used to do this before the updates, can anyone please help?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Prozac said:
It's time to move to steam my friend
WON died ages ago
1.)Well yea get steam
2.)If you insist with WON you nead the patch to 1.1.1.0 and not 1.0.0.8
3.)Whats all this talk about WON in the lately it seems peuple are going back to it?

Best answers
Thanks, I got 1.1.1.0 and now I can play LAN games again, but I still can't play internet games since it says the ESF executable is out of date. I have tried with both Half Life and Counter Strike but the result is the same. I downloaded steam but I can't seem to join a game; when trying to join a server, a box to join the game only pops up for a second then goes away. Is there a way I could still play ESF internet games through Half Life or Counter Strike?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom