ESF Crashed @ Log In

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I turned on steam, and to my surprise there was an update. Ok so it finishes the update, I then proceed to launch TS and it wouldn't run, it would go to the game screen then crash. Next I try to run ESF and it crashed at the Vegeta kicking Picolo scene. I tried to launch ESF w/o going into a server and the same thing happens.
Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix it or is a time thing?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There was one update that prevent modifications from working, but that was fixed a while ago.

Have you tried reinstalling the modifications?

Edit

I guess it has to do with the latest Steam update since I can't get into any modifications either.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
So are the players who are online playing with the update or not?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are able to play Source Engine games from what I can tell, though the Half-Life modifications don't work.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Have a read of this. I've had this problem before, and I solved it, so just read it and hopefully it'll help.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Steam hasn't done something like this since the early stages of its life...

*tear*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MC said:
The recent Steam update messed up the Half-Life modifications. I can't run ESF either, or any other Half-Life modifications.
I knew this would happen one day. That's why I turn off my updates. He he. I know I said this before, but it helps if you turn your video mode to SOFTWARE before leaving ESF. That's how you prevent these problems. Usually. Or even better, play in Direct3D, it's the same thing, only under water it's a little wierd. On my computer OpenGL has a habit of losing it's drivers sometimes. ;)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yea, I just started steam up and got the update thinking "hey maybe this will fix the crashing after you restart from changing a video setting, nice!"..haha, no no no, instead it crashes before you even see any buttons. Bleehh, they need to stop ****ing with everything on these so called "updates"...

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dan_esf_fanatic said:
I knew this would happen one day. That's why I turn off my updates. He he. I know I said this before, but it helps if you turn your video mode to SOFTWARE before leaving ESF. That's how you prevent these problems. Usually. Or even better, play in Direct3D, it's the same thing, only under water it's a little wierd. On my computer OpenGL has a habit of losing it's drivers sometimes. ;)
It's the latest Steam update that caused this problem, everyone is having problems with running Half-Life modifications. Look over at the Steam forums, it has nothing to do with their video settings.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Delete ClientRegistry.blob in your steam apps in your steam dir. Steam will then update itself again and it possibly may solve your problem and shouldn't cause any problems from doing so.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I started Steam and it updated, yet I'm able to load up ESF and load a map fine. Did they just now fix it?

Was all of this trouble just to add the "BEJEWLED DELUXE DEMO OMG LOL" to my "My Games" menu? I want to clear that menu of all the crap demos I don't want, and now they added like 20 more. <_<

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Well it works now, without deleting my clientregistry thing, so I guess time was the only thing it needed... Yes... Time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom