ESF closes my steam!!!!

Best answers
i have downloaded steam, the full install of ESF, and the newest patch (august,28) thats all fine, but i select open ESF from my play games list in steam, it loads, i select find server, i look find one, i enter the server, it loads loads, all is fine, tell its done loading i see a quick glimpse of the screen were i select good or evil, then steam just stops running, i get no error report or anything, it just closes, i have tried diffrent maps,servers, you name it(since i have a fast computer i dont mind when i have to re-open the game) could you please tell me what the heck is goin on!?!??!?!?! O_O O_O O_O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Make sure you MP3 List has no errors, as in rename any of the music with no spaces or symbols like - or /, etc. Make sure you get no errors when trying to play the music in the mp3 saver aswell, if you do then it won't open in esf either.

Best answers
i did that, i knew what u meant to do, know it does the same thing, but before it closes now it taunts me with power up and fireing sounds, lol

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How about completely removing all the mp3 lists from esf. Save it and then manually edit the list .txt files and delete the contents. Then try.

Best answers
i dont know what that meant at all, but a quick question, when i installed the game, it installed itself into the CS part of my games, i had to copy and paste it into half-life for the patch to see it and install, and for it to show up on my steam menu, would that afect it in any way, ohh and what would changing the sound files and stuff like that how would it help the game opening????but yeah i didnt understand that whole delete and save thing at all

Best answers
well thanks for nothing, i only got help from one person (thx for trying smith) i ended up fixing the damn thing myself!!

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Shadow_2525 said:
well thanks for nothing, i only got help from one person (thx for trying smith) i ended up fixing the damn thing myself!!
Well Pardon us. That is quite rude.

Have you ever thought that it is a possibility that Smith| was the only person that might have known the answer. People read the threads. If they don't know the answer to it they don't post. just some info for you

.:EDIT:.

welcome to the ESF Forum

Best answers
actually i talked to him on AIM he told me all he had to say!!!! i understoud what he meant in full, it didnt work though!!! so no, i am compatent enough to understand instruction, make sure u know what ur talkin bout befor u go off running ur mouth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom