ESF-Bot Alpha - Questions & Bugs

Best answers
i've readed all topics about ESF-bots cauz i really want to get them work ..., and saw all tricks to solve or workaround ...

nothing related to this:

i've installed ESF-bot in the good way (liblist.gam well edited, the .DLL in good folder,etc...) ...but when i launch the game, i've to choose my team, so i choose Evil or Good, then a model (i've tryed them all) .. the game go to console, i see "CeNTuRY have joined the Good", then the console get off and i'm at the Team screen AGAIN :cry:

i don't think it's really bot' related cauz when i just remove all, and replace my original liblist.gam ... i'm in the same situation, i can't get out this @!£* Team screen and join a game ALONE ...:shocked:

i'm used with bots, and i play many HL MODs with them, but ESF is the first one doing that to me with or without Bots anyway

all my other MODs play well, and bots too when i use 'em :rolleyes:

any idea ?

Best answers
Originally posted by CeNTuRY

i've installed ESF-bot in the good way (liblist.gam well edited, the .DLL in good folder,etc...) ...but when i launch the game, i've to choose my team, so i choose Evil or Good, then a model (i've tryed them all) .. the game go to console, i see "CeNTuRY have joined the Good", then the console get off and i'm at the Team screen AGAIN :cry:
ok, just for info , i use shortcuts with command line parameters for the HL mods i play ....

this was my shortcut

E\Half-Life\hl.exe -game esf -console +port 27500 +map esf_cell_day

used cauz that's let me get in game directly and use my listenserver.cfg

i've changed it to :

E\Half-Life\hl.exe -game esf -console

to just get in game and launch a local server by myself
this one WORKS FINE , and i can get in game !!

THAT MEAN ESF HAVE A PROBLEM TO GET PARAMS FROM COMMAND LINE ?? maybe an investigation will be interesting hé ?

BUT ....
about BOTS

so i get in game, then use the console to add bots ...

using just addbot add a bot with a randomized name
else i use addbot 'model 'name ,

for example : addbot Goku Sangoku

ther's just ONE problem ... i see them only in my Score TAB or in my scouter (F9) .. like they are just spawned as invisible spectators :shocked:

Best answers
maybe when you create the LAN game you are in the 'dedicated server' mode (or spectate only, im not sure what its called) i cant actually remember if this is in ESF, so just ignore this if its stupid.

Just trying to help ;)

Best answers
I fink some other peeps av that problem.
maybe its coz that part of the bot is still being messed with.
my guess is to u that is just 2 stick with addbot

Best answers
Originally posted by Shingyboy
I fink some other peeps av that problem.
maybe its coz that part of the bot is still being messed with.
my guess is to u that is just 2 stick with addbot
this spectator bot problem is real in both cases, even when typing just "addbot", in gamemode 1, 2 or 3 ... they joined in both cases but just spectators and invisibles :S

i also tried with or without sv_lan (O or 1) param to see, but no effect ... ;/

About the Command Line problem :

it seems that ESF can't run with "+map mapname" parameter in the shortcut, other parameters like "+port 27500" work as well.

it can't be related to ESF-Bot.dll cauz that happens with the original liblist.gam too :confused:

anyway and since this ESF-Bot is based on Botman's code source, u can use a lil file to add bots AUTOMATICALLY when u join a game

open a new file with Notepad

copy/paste :

#===========================================
# Earth Special Forces
# simplified config file
# for Alpha ESF-Bot
# edited by CeNTuRY from Botman's HPB_bot.cfg to fill ESF Forums
#
# wait for 2 seconds
pause 2
# change default bot skill level to 2
botskill 2
observer 0
#min_bots 4
#max_bots 8
bot_reaction_time 2
# add 6 bots using the default skill level
# addbot model name skill
addbot frieza frizzZer
addbot Gohan SangoHan
addbot Krillin krillin
addbot trunks TrUNks
addbot vegeta Vegata
addbot piccolo PiCcoLo
#end

save it as\Half-Life\esf\bot.cfg

it will be executed at launch, if u change map the created bots will rejoin. of course, u can change models and names or add more bots .u can ask me for more details or full version of this file

maybe it can be helpfull for many happy bots users and bored to enter console to add a bot when they create a game .. :rolleyes:

it works fine for 2 friends of mine which have no @?$£ù spectator problem :D

Mog

Best answers
does bot_reaction_time work for ESF-Bot? i couldn't notice any difference when i did it... :rolleyes:

ive only had the spectating bot problem when the total number of bots that have been on the server (including the ones ive kicked), is more that max player limit.
when i tried to add more than the limit they joined as spectators
i had this problem with akimbot on the alpha and dmz too

to get round the problem i just set max players to something high like 32... :]

Best answers
my ? might have been asked b4 but there are 2 many pages to go through in this thread...anyways here it is:

is there a way to add bots that are a certain model?
ex: adding a bot that is the goku model

ive seen many ppl in the forums saying to type addbot "model" "bot name", but that didnt work....i tired "addbot goku Goku" but i got vegeta...so if any1 can help me plz post.

thx for you time :D

Best answers
Originally posted by CeNTuRY
this spectator bot problem is real in both cases, even when typing just "addbot", in gamemode 1, 2 or 3 ... they joined in both cases but just spectators and invisibles :S

i also tried with or without sv_lan (O or 1) param to see, but no effect ... ;/

About the Command Line problem :

it seems that ESF can't run with "+map mapname" parameter in the shortcut, other parameters like "+port 27500" work as well.

it can't be related to ESF-Bot.dll cauz that happens with the original liblist.gam too :confused:

anyway and since this ESF-Bot is based on Botman's code source, u can use a lil file to add bots AUTOMATICALLY when u join a game

open a new file with Notepad

copy/paste :

# Earth Special Forces
# simplified config file
# for Alpha ESF-Bot
# edited by CeNTuRY from Botman's HPB_bot.cfg to fill ESF Forums
#
# wait for 2 seconds
pause 2
# change default bot skill level to 2
botskill 2
observer 0
#min_bots 4
#max_bots 8
bot_reaction_time 2
# add 6 bots using the default skill level
# addbot model name skill
addbot frieza frizzZer
addbot Gohan SangoHan
addbot Krillin krillin
addbot trunks TrUNks
addbot vegeta Vegata
addbot piccolo PiCcoLo
#end

save it as\Half-Life\esf\bot.cfg

it will be executed at launch, if u change map the created bots will rejoin. of course, u can change models and names or add more bots .u can ask me for more details or full version of this file

maybe it can be helpfull for many happy bots users and bored to enter console to add a bot when they create a game .. :rolleyes:

it works fine for 2 friends of mine which have no @?$£ù spectator problem :D
Coudn't b arsed 2 use the whole thingy soz...
Anyways how did u find out the models the rest i know about coz i play other HL mods with botmans source code in their bots :D NS being one of them ***edit i use my brains u looked in the models folder rite? how stuipid of me***

Best answers
i need help/ am reporting a bug

when i add bots everything works ssweet, i even change their skill level etc... to make it a bit harder (they no longer just stand still) and when i kick a bot it still works fine. But when i try to re-add a bot, the bot appears as goku, and on the scouter it says:
name: [Bot]......... (whichever botname it was)
Class:#none
PL:........ (this is usually extremely high)
and also, when you melee them, sometimes they dont move at all and strange things *refers to his sig* happen.

Also, that bot.cfg thing doesnt work, i copied and pasted it and stuck it in my esf dir, but it doesnt auto add bots or anything, nothing happens...

Best answers
Well i fink if u read je topics before there wil be stuff on why they act dodg once u re-addbots....
btw about the config u av to stuff it into a readme file with the .cfg extension. Obviously i fink u know that im just saying maybe u didn't, anyways u av to put in ur console "exec thenameofurbotconfig.cfg" or u could stuff in an autoexec.cfg which should autoexecute any cfg if u just stuff exec woteva ur cfg name is, in there, at one time i had a problem where autoexec didn't do that so if it doesn't work try doing exec autoexec.cfg
im just too dum so if u can't read my ****ed up english then just **** it

Best answers
Originally posted by esfn00b
i need help/ am reporting a bug

when i add bots everything works ssweet, i even change their skill level etc... to make it a bit harder (they no longer just stand still) and when i kick a bot it still works fine. But when i try to re-add a bot, the bot appears as goku, and on the scouter it says:
name: [Bot]......... (whichever botname it was)
Class:#none
PL:........ (this is usually extremely high)
and also, when you melee them, sometimes they dont move at all and strange things *refers to his sig* happen.

Also, that bot.cfg thing doesnt work, i copied and pasted it and stuck it in my esf dir, but it doesnt auto add bots or anything, nothing happens...
1. did u have any problem with your bots BEFORE u kick the first one ? cauz many people have reported a bunch of problems when add bots after kicked some...

2. that bot.cfg thing... works for me , and 2 friends at least ; it adds bots with the models and names we choose when the game start, of course if it's not working for u , u can ever try to put a "exec bof.cfg" line in your autoexec.cfg file (if u don't have one, create one !), or just get the console and type "exec bot.cfg" ...

if anyone have a clue about spectators bots , let me know plz
:S

Mog

Best answers
i dont get why some bot commands work on some pcs and not others... wierd ;/
ive used loads of bots b4, i make configs and ive even started tryna code my own bots... but i still cant do the things ppl on this thread have been saying... :S
- bot_reaction_time command doesnt exist (not for ESF-Bot anyway)...
- adding a specific character doesnt work for me

if anyone have a clue about spectators bots , let me know plz
dont go above server max player limit, including the bots you've kicked... i had that prob b4 i did that.
try setting max players to 32 aswell

Best answers
Originally posted by Mog
i dont get why some bot commands work on some pcs and not others... wierd ;/
ive used loads of bots b4, i make configs and ive even started tryna code my own bots... but i still cant do the things ppl on this thread have been saying... :S
- bot_reaction_time command doesnt exist (not for ESF-Bot anyway)...
- adding a specific character doesnt work for me

dont go above server max player limit, including the bots you've kicked... i had that prob b4 i did that.
try setting max players to 32 aswell

tryed the maxplayers thing before without success, thx anyway for the advice..

another point :

apparently [ESF]Blade has hard-coded randomize bots names in the ESF-Bot.dll itself ... doh !, it should be cool if it use a file like botnames.txt that any HL bots users have seen before *cough* and that should be useful

btw, it should be really appreciated if he can modify the ADDBOT command to fill the team part too

for now we have :

ADDBOT 'model 'name 'skill

i hope something like :

ADDBOT 'team 'model 'name 'skill

it's just logical to see the TEAM (1 for Good,2 for Evil) parameter before the others hu ?!

so we will have a command like :

ADDBOT 1 Goku MegaGOKu 1

that will fill the team Good, with a Goku model named MegaGOKu and a skill level at 1 [da best]

what do u think ? :idea:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think there will be a menu for this later on :S

btw, who unstuck this and why?!

Mog

Best answers
uh, the addbot command still doesnt work properly for me :S
im used to using other bots with the same command and i know the model names, etc...
i can add a bot and choose its name but the model part of the command doesnt work & ive tried using lower and upper case letters so its not that...

Best answers
isnt it cool when people like vegeta or goku go ssj it makes you feel all powerfull :) anyone know who made the xform mod? hats off to them

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom