ESF-Bot Alpha - Questions & Bugs

Best answers
Hey Blade when is the beta or the final version of your bots comming out cause before you had said that the bots were to be released either monday or sunday of this week and in this thread you said "I guess they will be included next month." Whats up with that? BTW thnx anyway.:)

Best answers
I think I see the problem... it could be that the directory name is case sensitive... make sure you use lower case letters (esf, not ESF).
My esf folder is named ESF, so i dont think thats the problem.

The bots are actully good, but there is things that needs a fix:

1.The bots react to slow sometimes. I can charge a spirit bomb to full power and fire with out they have don any thing.

2. I dont know if this is the bots fault, but when they die, the diamon stays and they will still be on the scouter.

3. Freeza, keeps using kienzan without charging it(he may have trown it, but just stand there holding his hand in the air), and he never uses fingerbeam as mentioned.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ok, thanks for posting your comments!

Well, there aren't much commands for the bot... just addbot and kick i guess.

The attacks that aren't used will be included in the next release, which is not that far off, about a month or so. I'll also increase melee usage a bit.

By the way, the fact that bots move while transforming isn't because of a bug in the ESF code, but because they haven't been told that they shouldn't be able to move while transforming. Sounds weird huh? :D

Best answers
ive found a really wierd bug
right when ur in battle arena
and once u have killed a bot the diamond shape is still there even when he is dead and also when he transforms the moddel is not there you see only the animation.

ill try n get yuz a screenie

Best answers
d00d i dont know why these people are getting such high expectations of more commands if it wasn't in the readme and that this is only alpha its not the final version rite? the real one should be released something like next week or something

Best answers
i like the bots my self i dont have eny major probs with em keep up the good work blade :)

Best answers
another problem. besides that the bots don't join any team .. when i add a bot the blast radius of my attacks increases dramatically (like i have 1 billion pl!!) even thu my power level didn't change a bit!

Best answers
Hi can anyone help me I keep getting a message about not being able to find WONAUTH.DLL but its in the file what gives?

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey Blade you said you couldn't change the difficulty level it is possible by typing botskill x (x is number from 1-5).And the kick command doesn't work.

Best answers
WONAUTH.DLL sounds important maybe u av to reinstall half life

btw kick command DOES work i kicked some bots earlier maybe u mispealt their name

Best answers
Well I've noticed 4 bugs with these bots. The first 1 is that they don't really seem to grasp the concept of recharging they're ki, they keep trying to attack with beams even when they're running on empty . #2 is that they seem to be able to move while transforming, example: one time I noticed one of them swooping towards me and it was in the middle of transforming

The 3rd one I've noticed with 2 characters so I'm pretty sure that it is a bug. Anyway when I was in a block p.s. with Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon he would move and fire another SBC at me while I was still blocking the first. The same thing happend with Goku's Kameha.

The 4th doesn't seem to happen very often, but sometimes when I add a bot it's dormant. I can see the character (usually goku) but he's not moving, or making any attempts at attacking, I can't lock on to him for a melee, and when I attack with a beam I can kill him but he comes back the same also after he takes a hit I see errors about not being able to play the "pain" sounds popping up in the top left of my screen.

That's all, hope you can fix them soon.

Best answers
they recharge alrite just sometimes in the wrong times
maybe u can also make it so sometimes they do 75% in one beam maybe 20% in one and sometimes make it so they notice beams comming at them so they auto fire and sometimes 100% in another beam kind of thing?

Best answers
Sometimes the bots will equip Sensu Beans when I'm beating them up, regardless of the fact they have no Sensu Beans.

Best answers
Originally posted by LDragon

The 3rd one I've noticed with 2 characters so I'm pretty sure that it is a bug. Anyway when I was in a block p.s. with Piccolo's Special Beam Cannon he would move and fire another SBC at me while I was still blocking the first. The same thing happend with Goku's Kameha.
Well, in the case of the SBC, you're supposed to be able to fire it and leave, same with big bang. THough, that really shouldn't happen with the Kamehameha, soo... maybe it is a bug. But definitely not with the SBC or BB if it happens to you.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
LoadLibrary failed on CSIERRA\HALF-LIFE\ESF\dlls\ESF-Bot.dll (1157)
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from
CSIERRA\HALF-LIFE\ESF\dlls\ESF-Bot.dll!

im having this problem too can someone copy and paste what they have in there liblist program? and where the bot.dll thing goes... in the dll folder?

Best answers
i got a bug. when i kill a bot, it transforms! it isnt there, but the sound and aura is... as well as the diamond above its head

Best answers
Originally posted by Gotenks Unlim
i got a bug. when i kill a bot, it transforms! it isnt there, but the sound and aura is... as well as the diamond above its head
yea bots seem to transform wen they av PL and wen i kill them usually they come back instantly with Transformation without transforming but maybe i should look at em more and see if they transform but it does look like they come out already transformed

Best answers
// Earth Special Forces Game Info file
game "Earth`s Special Forces"
url_info "http://www.esforces.com"
url_dl "http://www.esforces.com/files.php"

version "Beta 1"
size "160000000"
svonly "0"
cldll "0"
type "multiplayer_only"
nomodels "1"
//gamedll "dlls\ESF-Bot.dll"
gamedll "dlls\ESF-Bot.dll"

here you go

Best answers
Ok bots work and all but now the scenary goes?! Whats happened! The games becomes all slow and i have a ping of 999 plus i dont think its my pc cus its a monster! Just saying as i cant play plz help! [ESF]Blade nice work! Just one problem here !
Thanx!

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Allright last night I played with Goku and when adding a bot i got Goku i kicked him and added another bot this one just stood still and barely noticed me he also seemed to tink that i'm one of the walls in a certain level he just keeped shooting at it and locking them for melee isn't allways working.And also sometimes they do melees and flying around while transforming and they don't charge their ki if they do they will do nothing else but charging ki.And they don't use melee enough if they would it would make it more exiting and usefull for training before playing online.And sometimes when they shoot a beam attack at you it just spins around you without changing direction and stops untill their ki is emty and their sitting ducks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom