ESF-Bot Alpha - Questions & Bugs

Best answers
i meant this as in other hl mods that use this method like rocketcrowbot and others

Best answers
Some of the posts do not show on teh computer i am at but is this for the alpha or beta or both of esf.

Best answers
mite be a setting u changed which ****s it up either u think really hard coz i have no solution

Best answers
it is the dll,when i change it back to gamedll "dlls\hl.dll" the game is fine but no bots :(

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by saiyanslayer
rarely block
??? Blocking isn't even coded in yet ;/

I see that a lot of people get crashes when they start up... could you give me some more detail about what you did, and how it crashed?

And for the people who thought that the bot was too weak:
What were you expecting?? An elite fighting corps?! :S
Jesus, it's just an Alpha version o_o ...

And yes, I've noticed that the bots are TK'ers :D lol I'll get working on that for the next release.

I recommend fighting with bots in Free for All.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for the ones that (surely.....) copied exactly the things into the liblim.gam file.here goes.

// Earth Special Forces Game Info file
game "Earth`s Special Forces"
url_info "http://www.esforces.com"
url_dl "http://www.esforces.com/files.php"

version "Beta 1"
size "160000000"
svonly "0"
cldll "0"
type "multiplayer_only"
nomodels "1"
gamedll "dlls\ESF-Bot.dll"

remove the gamedll "dlls\hl.dll" and remove the two slashes.It should work fine.

and as for the difficulty level just type botskill x x=number from 1 to 5.

Best answers
i found out what the problem was i was using an older version of beta 1

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the bots i noticed would stay in their respawn positions..

also that they would sometimes walk around the edges of the maps if they dont spot anyone..

they rarely flew..

yea no blocking

in capture dragonballs and team mode they would attack each other

but yea i had fun with them :p

Best answers
Yargh... No luck for me what so ever. Ive tried everything everyone here has told me, and yet I still get an error. When Loading I get this in the console screen thing.

LoadLibrary failed on C:\SIERRA\HALF-LIFE\ESF\dlls\ESF-Bot.dll (1157)
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from
C:\SIERRA\HALF-LIFE\ESF\dlls\ESF-Bot.dll!

Gah, nuthing works. And I need to get this to work to actually experience the mod. I live In New Zealand, and Thus far have not been able to find any Kiwi servers. If I join an American one it'll Be Lag city... So bots right now are my only option. Help me Please!!!

Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]Blade
??? Blocking isn't even coded in yet ;/

I see that a lot of people get crashes when they start up... could you give me some more detail about what you did, and how it crashed?

And for the people who thought that the bot was too weak:
What were you expecting?? An elite fighting corps?! :S
Jesus, it's just an Alpha version o_o ...

And yes, I've noticed that the bots are TK'ers :D lol I'll get working on that for the next release.

I recommend fighting with bots in Free for All.
Actually they do block at times if they are getting hammered with melees they dont melee much

i feel so happy finally i get to play esf without crashes + lag

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Facade
LoadLibrary failed on C:\SIERRA\HALF-LIFE\ESF\dlls\ESF-Bot.dll (1157)
Host_Error: Couldn't get DLL API from
C:\SIERRA\HALF-LIFE\ESF\dlls\ESF-Bot.dll!
I think I see the problem... it could be that the directory name is case sensitive... make sure you use lower case letters (esf, not ESF).

And as for that 'blocking'... it's not blocking, believe me. You probably kicked a bot when he was still getting up. That's why it didn't fly away and that other sound played :D .

Best answers
ok .. this might be strange .. but the bots never join a team or choose a character .. they just spectate! :S o_o

why?!?!

Best answers
Originally posted by [ESF]Blade
I think I see the problem... it could be that the directory name is case sensitive... make sure you use lower case letters (esf, not ESF).

Yeah no, I dont think thats it, they allready are in Lower Case ;/
I'll keep trying... Cheers anyway

Best answers
Ok ignore my post I made earlier on first page these bots are actually pretty damn good just make sure it's on "DEATHMATCH"

I just had a 3 hour game against bots and they are really good well...except for cell that is (dunno whats wrong with him)
All the other characters are fine only other proble i've got is with characters using the one big attack and no other eg. frieza always uses deathball when he transforms no disc or finger laser and buu only uses mouth blast no candy attack or regen

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The bots are working and all but i just have to ask if there is any commands for them.

Nice job on the bots :D!!!!!!!!

Best answers
well...the bots are awesome blade....but what r the commands for them.....besides add and kick of coarse....if there are any. And i think you should make it a lil bit more melee, could you do that? Or could you make it to where you can choose how much melee and beams they use. When are you going to get around to programming them to block that would be kewl.....and they need to charge!! Awesome bots tho.....can you please answere all of my questions

Best answers
I doubt he added any other commands for them. But in the future a bot kill and difficulty and team commands are fun. Anyway yeah they do tend to move a lot when transforming. Which is a bug that needs to be dealt with in the esf code before players figure out how to do it. But other than that it's pretty good. Oh wait one last thing is the freeza and cell and krillin bots never form the discs when they use them. They just hold their hand up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom