ESF - Aura of the Game

Member
✔️ HL Verified
Joined
Mar 1, 2002
Messages
877
Best answers
0
Is it just me or does this game give off a gloomy and sad aura, mainly coming from the maps as of right now. Like canyon, it has a rainy overcast day background, and city and then night maps just dont give off a vibrant feel to the game. Now I looked at those pics for the new maps and they all seem to be vibrant but I dont know it still seems to give off a gloomy look....

hehe lets add some cheery spirits to esf.

(and yea DBZ is all about destruction but meh, you dont need to be looking at super gloomy maps when you do play...)


and something else...
I remember back when Jboskma was on the team or closely connected to the team, theyre was news of adding custom non dbz chars... did that idea get scrapped?
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Feb 28, 2004
Messages
1,392
Best answers
0
the new city looks cheery with its goofy-looking dbzish buildings.




and I'm sure if you ask enough, someone can make you a candyland map with destructable gingerbread men. :smile:
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Jun 8, 2004
Messages
5,216
Best answers
0
City uses Half-Life/Counter-Strike texture, which are rough, rugged and realistic.

Arrival's pretty cheery \o/
 
New Member
Joined
Sep 22, 2004
Messages
513
Best answers
0
You know what would be cool...having maps that look like moonlight wilderness from tekken 5...like that kind of aura to the map...don't know if it is possible

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/7334/moon1nt.png


if you ever play tekken you would know that that map is AWSOME



or city at sunset

http://img218.exs.cx/img218/7646/city8lq.png

have the sky an orangy sunset kind of texture so it seems like it is almost the end of the day...i am going to experiment with it but i am still a novice at mapping
 
New Member
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Apr 4, 2005
Messages
1,714
Best answers
0
Sarutobi Sensei said:
You know what would be cool...having maps that look like moonlight wilderness from tekken 5...like that kind of aura to the map...don't know if it is possible

http://img194.exs.cx/img194/7334/moon1nt.png


if you ever play tekken you would know that that map is AWSOME



or city at sunset

http://img218.exs.cx/img218/7646/city8lq.png

have the sky an orangy sunset kind of texture so it seems like it is almost the end of the day...i am going to experiment with it but i am still a novice at mapping
Actually those are some very awesome idea's Saru. I think if they redid the night maps to have that midnight aura like in Tekken then it would make it all that much better.
 
New Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2001
Messages
645
Best answers
0
nsw316 said:
and something else...
I remember back when Jboskma was on the team or closely connected to the team, theyre was news of adding custom non dbz chars... did that idea get scrapped?
I remember that! Man, that was yonks ago. I never thought someone else remembered :p.

I've not heard anything about it since though, I think the idea was scrapped.
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
50
Best answers
0
Dont do that please , adding non-dbz chars.. (no thanks)
and dont remove the night maps .. :'(
some people are color blind and cant play day maps
^_^?? ( some people)
 
ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Joined
Dec 25, 2001
Messages
3,618
Best answers
0
lol i expected you to post that in here :p
youre predictable XD
 
New Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2005
Messages
50
Best answers
0
Dj-Ready went off topic COULD SOME ONE PLEASE BAN HIM^_^
 
New Member
💻 Oldtimer
Joined
Mar 6, 2003
Messages
3,999
Best answers
0
-Kai- said:
Dj-Ready went off topic COULD SOME ONE PLEASE BAN HIM^_^
Dj-Ready is part of the ESF Team, therefore he can pretty much do whatever the **** he wants.
As for you. We call that spam. Have a warning on me. :warning: ^_^
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top