ESF Advertising

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I was wondering if Team ESF ever advertises the mod?
With about 65 servers at busiest, ESF is a somewhat popular mod, but perhaps with a little advertising--since so many DBZ fans exist--we could get it higher?

Not sure how to go about advertising, since it usually costs money.. Hm..

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
cs isnt exactly advertized either... well now it is cuz u can go buy it, but when it started out it was rather small like esf is right now. if u wana spread the love, do it by word of mouth. perhaps the esf team could do an interview with planethalflife.com or another site where many half life'rs go?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ESF is such a good mod, with so much hard work poured into it--It should be more well-known then it is. Maybe when 1.2 comes out, they could use it as an excuse to advertise, like getting FilePlanet to do a front page, 'ESF 1.2!' or PlanetHalflife as you suggested..

Best answers
well ill make an advertising banner for ESF and add it up on my DBZ fansite which gets a good sum of hits ^_^

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.1 was up on fileplanet for a bit. With the rising success of esf theres a good chance that 1.2 could be frontpage news.

Coder - Harsens sidekick
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think we should advertise once we start to release a lot of 1.2 media and whatnot. It's rather pointless to do any advertising now, since we dont have any media to keep a new wave of n00bs interested.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pcjoe said:
I think we should advertise once we start to release a lot of 1.2 media and whatnot. It's rather pointless to do any advertising now, since we dont have any media to keep a new wave of n00bs interested.
Yes, a good point made. All the more reason and inspiration to bring on 1.2 :D

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advertising should be started closer to a release date, like Joe said. I wouldn't be surprised if there's already something in the works about that, but even if I knew, I wouldn't tell you guys. Who knows, if we start seeing some snippets on FilePlanet or PHL, it could be a clue that 1.2 will be released soon.

Best answers
Well You can tell people on aim/msn and tell people while your playing online games besides esf like starcraft warcraft3 diablo2 counter-strike natural selection and stuff

Best answers
all they need to do is come out with a stable, and very good version of ESF. THen Come out on RETAIL like DOD did and CS

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
retail wouldnt happen cos they would get sued to hell and back by funimation for using there dbz theme and make money from it without permission >_<

Best answers
im all for esf becoming big, but i dont know if i want it to get as bad as CS. cause at the moment, the esf community is cool, cause its smaller, and its more friendly from the fact that there are less people, and its easier to come to know them all. also with advertising, drawing in more people will bring in more cheaters, h4x0rz, and r1pp0rz.
but theres really not much i can do about it >_<
i'll still advertise esf as much as i can tho :p

Best answers
I'm not sure if i want esf to get bigger. I kinda liked the old days, when people played to have fun, and played fair, instead of trying their newest cheats or having fun exploiting bugs to crash the server, or whining about every attack being homosexual.

Best answers
Yeh. Newcomers might well be "scared off" by the players rather than the game... I wish I had played in the "old days"... then again, before I got good at it, I whined a lot about melee. Now, I'm instead a "HOW" or something... blah.

Best answers
If you want it to get bigger then put a link to it on your personal website. Payed advertisement would be pointless due to the lack of profit. That aside I agree with harsens.. when mods go mainstream they attract so many idiots that it ruins the mod.. *points at CS*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom