ESF 1.2.4

Best answers
true but talking about it isn't getting us anywhere so I'd say the best thing to do is as people have said:

1. Make a list of all the bugs and so on that we want fixed

2. Filter through that list and pick a certain amount of things we want fixed (this can be done via vote or by moderators or by a select team of people who will know esf)

3. Then go to the coders and ask "can you do this? and how long will it take?" they give us an answer and a amount of time(hopefully)

4. Then the esf team can make a news post on the web site, asking for a vote, "do we want a 1.2.4 considering the amount of time it will take off the 1.3 completion date?"

Depending on the outcome of the vote it might happen or not, as otherwise this topic will go on for about 7 pages of talk and chat about is it worth it or not, and in the end nothing will happen.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
We already said it's worth it. We also made a list. Its up to the coders to take it from there.

Best answers
It's pretty bad that the esf team have left 1.2 so long without releaseing bugfixes to these very apparent bugs in the game. Not that I care, as I'm done with 1.2.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Actualy the bugs are only there if people use them >.<

If people would play fair. This thread or a bugfix wouldnt be neaded.

The only 2 bugs that can be anoying in a fair game is the bug with the hitboxes (when you get hit even though you teleport). And the scatershot.

The other bugs are the fault of players not the team.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
The players didn't put the bugs there, though. We also didn't add a random crash bug while we're trying to change maps. Don't blame the victim.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Actualy the bugs are only there if people use them >.<

If people would play fair. This thread or a bugfix wouldnt be neaded.

The only 2 bugs that can be anoying in a fair game is the bug with the hitboxes (when you get hit even though you teleport). And the scatershot.

The other bugs are the fault of players not the team.
Yeah you're right, the random crashing of servers, and crashing to your desktop is by another player not playing fair. How stupid of us.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Fire Phoenix said:
Yeah you're right, the random crashing of servers, and crashing to your desktop is by another player not playing fair. How stupid of us.
Well sorry if i dont have the crash bug >.< Nor do i think kiblob is as big of a deal as you guys put it.

Besides i was thinking of the rollhit, ceeling combo, instahit, advanced speed..

those bugs >.<

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone has the crash bug because its a part of esf.

The players didn't add loopholes and exploits to esf, so don't blame them for using something thats there. I follow an honor system, but most people don't and I don't blame them.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Everyone has the crash bug because its a part of esf.

The players didn't add loopholes and exploits to esf, so don't blame them for using something thats there. I follow an honor system, but most people don't and I don't blame them.
Honestly. Last time i crashed (and not timed out) was a couple of months back.

It is difrent from each steam update. Evry time that STEAM updates my ESF acts difrently regarding the crash and kiblob issues.

But for the last couple of months i only get kiblobbugs. But no crashes. And to fix the kiblob bug you simply type reconnect ^^

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Last time I crashed was 18 minutes ago. Amazing.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega said:
Honestly. Last time i crashed (and not timed out) was a couple of months back.

It is difrent from each steam update. Evry time that STEAM updates my ESF acts difrently regarding the crash and kiblob issues.

But for the last couple of months i only get kiblobbugs. But no crashes. And to fix the kiblob bug you simply type reconnect ^^
I'm glad to hear you aren't having problems with ESF crashing, but there is a great many people who are having problems.

Best answers
I'm not so sure this is a good idea, some tried before and the answer was 'no'.
Tho bugfixes are cool, I doubt it's gonna make esf that much better. In fact, I think it might even become more boring, since there is nothing to complain about (provided the coders didn't bring us some new bugs and exploits).

Imo, 1.2 lacks too much for a patch to make up for it, if they were to release this patch they should edit/remove more stuff for it to be interesting again.
If they'd do it just for the bugfixes, they should've done so a long time ago.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
But they didn't and theres no better time than now. I might be inclined to play esf more often if it means I'm not going to suddenly crash right before Jinx shows me his Super Ultra Fantasmo Alpha Flight Formation 12X-9aT attack.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Firstly i would like to say sorry bout those posts. I was high on cofee and my brain wasnt working to good (so i just blaberd random ontopic stuff) >.<

With that cleared. I do agree that bugs need to be fixed. But bare in mind that bugfixes normaly bring more bugs. And that could delay a lot.

Kiblob is easily fixed by reconnecting. The exploits can be monitored by admins (moast of the time). So the biggest necessity is teh crash bug.

Just my opinion.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see too many American admins around. You know. Cause they quit and stuff.

Freelance Mappzor
โœ”๏ธ HL Verified
๐Ÿš‚ Steam Linked
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Pay me and ill monitor your servers XD J/K

Thats a problem than :s

Well i have no anwser to taht. >.<

Well in that case you are right. If there arnt any people to monitor the servers than the bugs should be fixed. But im not to shure if that should be in a patch.

You do know that if they fix the rollhit bug lots of people will complain cause they wont be able to do the third hit (2 in air 1 on ground).

But again thats just my opinion.

Best answers
Doubt admins monitor their servers 24/7, no matter if its europe, australia or US. Therefor a bug fix certainly would be better. Anyway, before you discuss your butt off here, you should wait for a team member to reply or something similiar. :)

โ˜… Black Lounger โ˜…
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
harSens said:
The kiblob and melee bugs are in Joe's very old and very scary code. I won't be touching that. So if Joe doesn't feel like doing that, you're out of luck. Melee will be completely redone for 1.3, and the kiblobs might be redone as wel. So we didn't bother fixing the bugs in them yet. As for "all crashes", that's rather general. Tell us what crashes the game exactly. Coding a 1.2.4 patch, testing it throughly and making an installer out of it will delay us by a month at least.
there's your answer

We discussed this in a meeting a while back and we decided then that it'd be a good idea, however after a while joe said it'd be better if he just worked on the 1.3 code rather than backtracking and changing his past code because it'd slow down 1.3's progress too much. I'd trust what Joe says. No matter what people here say, most of you use the exploits anyway, you already know what the use button does and that can be your saviour for now, as for the crash thing that might just be half life thing, i used to get it before with all games on steam before i reformatted last time, other than that i dont know what it could be. Sorry but thats how it is for now.

Lost in space
Banned
๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
And to think i almost reinstalled esf :(

Fire Phoenix is a sad, sad monkey.

sub

๐Ÿ’ป Oldtimer
Best answers
Carnage said:
I'm not so sure this is a good idea, some tried before and the answer was 'no'.
Tho bugfixes are cool, I doubt it's gonna make esf that much better. In fact, I think it might even become more boring, since there is nothing to complain about (provided the coders didn't bring us some new bugs and exploits).

Imo, 1.2 lacks too much for a patch to make up for it, if they were to release this patch they should edit/remove more stuff for it to be interesting again.
If they'd do it just for the bugfixes, they should've done so a long time ago.
Would you stop with your 1.2 sucks and 1.1 is better bull****? 1.2 gameplay wise is just fine for the moment, it's just the fact that there are a few exploits to fix and a great many crashing bugs to fix. It would not harm you in any way shape or form if the team released a patch to fix these problems, but it would help a great many people if they did.

Davidskiwan said:
there's your answer

We discussed this in a meeting a while back and we decided then that it'd be a good idea, however after a while joe said it'd be better if he just worked on the 1.3 code rather than backtracking and changing his past code because it'd slow down 1.3's progress too much. I'd trust what Joe says. No matter what people here say, most of you use the exploits anyway, you already know what the use button does and that can be your saviour for now, as for the crash thing that might just be half life thing, i used to get it before with all games on steam before i reformatted last time, other than that i dont know what it could be. Sorry but thats how it is for now.
Honestly, I have talked to beta testers in 1.3. It's not close to being done, not by a long shot. I can't see how it would slow down progress if there was no god damn progress on 1.3. But whatever, I guess that settles it, we won't be getting a patch and we'll have to play in a buggy version of the game that crashes every hour. Thanks ESF team. Someone close this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom