ESF 1.2.4

Best answers
I know they're never going to fix it but I'd personally like to have a delay put in on the dragonball weapon. When you fire the dragonball (to drop it or throw it), it instantly picks up those in rnage and does the same to them. It crashes the server if you do that too many times in a row but would work fine with a delay, as far as I can tell from testing picking them up slowly and not holding down the right/left click button.

It's a really minor change but it would prevent one of the most annoying crashes I experience. Even if it is experimental, one tiny change would help a lot.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well, to be honest, 5 or 6 months ago, Carnage and I offered this idea to the team Directly on MSN and Mirc, even offered them a great coder that can help.
It wont happen. I guess they dont have enough time doing so, dont forget they are working on 1.3 (I hope).
They also told me some other reasons I am not sure i can say here.
So nevermind..
But its always blessed to try again :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You also need to keep in mind, are these things happening on "modded" servers? Like some 12 year old running his ESF server with every AMX Mod X plugin he could find on the AMXX forums (including CS/NS/etc...)? The best way to narrow these bugs down is to run a clean install dedicated ESF server and THEN find the bugs. Instead of joining "Ub0r ESF v1.2.3 Serv0r EX EVM DBGT FUZIONZZZ!!!" server :/

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I can assure you the Zen and Kai servers aren't servers made by 12 year olds.

Best answers
Legacy4.Kai said:
They also told me some other reasons I am not sure i can say here.
So nevermind..
They're developing ESF for the source engine.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
LOL, anyway I didnt mean anything close to that.
nothing really special, I'm just not sure I can say it here and if I remember everything correctly.
dont want to spread things

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dewd In Ћe Newd said:
You also need to keep in mind, are these things happening on "modded" servers? Like some 12 year old running his ESF server with every AMX Mod X plugin he could find on the AMXX forums (including CS/NS/etc...)? The best way to narrow these bugs down is to run a clean install dedicated ESF server and THEN find the bugs. Instead of joining "Ub0r ESF v1.2.3 Serv0r EX EVM DBGT FUZIONZZZ!!!" server :/
I currently pay 25 dollars a month for a dedicated server. I am not 12. I have Amxx mod installed on my server with no plugins. On average, my server crashes once a day, an unacceptable amount. Combine that with the fact that my server is empty the majority of the time and you can see why I'm requesting the team to make another patch for 1.2.

harSens said:
The kiblob and melee bugs are in Joe's very old and very scary code. I won't be touching that. So if Joe doesn't feel like doing that, you're out of luck. Melee will be completely redone for 1.3, and the kiblobs might be redone as wel. So we didn't bother fixing the bugs in them yet. As for "all crashes", that's rather general. Tell us what crashes the game exactly. Coding a 1.2.4 patch, testing it throughly and making an installer out of it will delay us by a month at least.
That is a bummer to hear. To be honest, I do not know what crashes servers. The only thing I can tell you is that servers do crash, often. There has to be the answers to atleast some of the crashes on Mantis, but I don't have access to Mantis so I honestly don't know.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't know how much this helps, but I crash often during map changes.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As do I on my old and new computer. When I'm connecting to a server, the game will finish loading the map and I'll crash to my desktop. It's very annoying having to pray everytime you change map that you don't crash.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
HEY! Cool it Dkar! These guys are working as hard as they can! Have some respect! They do this for free during their spare time! Let me see you make a better mod!

Anyway, I think scattershot is a minor bug. Exploits should be first on the list, followed by crash bugs.

Best answers
The exploits could be fixed by AMX scripting right?

Also since it's going to take about a month to make a patch for 1.2.3, I'd say do it. 1 month, even if it goes to 1,5 months is a much better deadline than when it's done. Since I doubt that ESF 1.3 will be released before autumn this year, I'd prefer a 1.2.4 even if it does mean that 1.3 will not be released this year, which might happen anyway.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Also, if 1.3 will be delayed..
For example if 1.3 should be released in about 3 months (LOL !@#$@#!$)
Then it would be released in 5 months from now, but alleast those 5 months will be quiet months, when most people enjoy 1.2.4 and will stop bugging the team ;)

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I highly doubt people will stop complaining. It might quiet 1 or 2 people for a week or so, but then they'll be back with new complaints.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Yea, Maybe I was over-reacting, I almost forgot what this community is built of.. ;)
even though someone makes sure we remember it in almost every single thread

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think its better to remember what the community is composed of and make decisions based on this knowledge.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I think its better to remember what the community is composed of and make decisions based on this knowledge.
nah, not really. Even though cs is popular, have you ever been to their website, www.steampowered.com. Think about how many people complain about esf, and times that by 1000. People always complain about cs there, how the awp should be removed, how there should be vehicles and rocket launchers.

Just ignore them if they have bad suggestions.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Then again, for every person who complains about cs there are 100 who defend it. We don't have that luxury.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom