esf 1.1 crashes :(

Best answers
the game crashes REALLY fast once i installes CS 1.6 v7, but it used to crash too before that.

what can i do? (in one of my pcs, it give an error, informing me that it has to be close, in the other PC; it just goes BACK to the desktop)

one PC has a gf3 with omega drivers 43.25 and i tried opengl (640x480, 1024x768) and direct 3d (640x480)

the other has a gf2 MX same drivers, and only tried opengl 800x600

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
for a start, upgrade your drivers to the latest ones. Those drivers are oooooolllldddd :\. Ok. Now that youve done that, what are your other hardware specs? ie, CPU, RAM, OS. If CS doesn't work, you can always try STEAM. It doesnt have as many servers as WON, but the ESF Project is slowly moving to STEAM, as noted on ESF Earth League. The more players that move to STEAM, the more players that can play together, and not not some on WON and some on STEAM, the more fun everyone'll have. Oh yeh, plus its free and stuff. About CS crashing to the desktop that is quite regular, but what happens JUST before it crashes? e.g does it say "loading game" in orange letters and a black background then crashes, or does it have a blue screen with Kami's Lookout in the background then crash?

Best answers
ESF craches, not cs. i play on LAN with another PC and bots (but the game crashes EVEN when i am ALONE).

i am playing, and suddenly it pauses and goes to desktop.

Best answers
It happens... i don't know why....
I have P4 with GeForce 4 Ti 4200 128mb + 8 AGP
512 DDR Ram

After maybe few 3 houres it crashes and get me back to desktop... it must be
HL 1110 bug... that's why i prefer steam... it never crash!!!

It used to happen to me when i play DOD 1.0

now that there is DOD 1.1 beta (which is a verion who was made for steam)
it never crash... sometimes it gets out of the game becouse a stupid popup
and then you back the sound of the game is "dead" and u cant' hear a thing
except the mp3 player... on steam it never happens!!!! when ESF 1.1 goes Steam?

Best answers
it happens with the latest drivers TOO.

one thing i CAN't control now with the new cs 1.6 v7 installed, because everything is changed, is the number of players allowed in a game (using the maxplayers comand in and outside of a game does nothing).

I think the FAST crash may be related to the bots, becuase when i use the fill server comand, 16 bots join a tem, 15 join the other one (mine) and then it crashes. i am using EFS bot 3.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom