Error Making a Dedic. Server

Best answers
Whenever I try making a Dedicated server, It closes half-life, and I get a small window with like server name, RCON, amount of ppl, and that stuff. When I fill that out, I get an error saying "HLds has commited an illegal operation and will be shut down." How do I fix this and make a dedicated server? Can anyone help? :cry:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sounds liek you need to re-install, if an illegal operation is consistent it just means there's something wrong with the program.

Best answers
I'm not sure if this would help

Also make sure you download the latest version of HLDS

EDIT : I also forgot to add that you must not reply to the thread,it's like friggin ancient :S

Best answers
RaVe said:
I'm not sure if this would help

Also make sure you download the latest version of HLDS

EDIT : I also forgot to add that you must not reply to the thread,it's like friggin ancient :S
1st of all, what do you mean this thread is "friggin ancient"? I just made it yesterday...anyways, where would I download the latest version of HLDS? What site would it be on? And that sticky really helps. Thanks.

Best answers
You can load it at www.fileplanet.com, you need to wait in line, but you will never encounter corrupted file here ... the latest version fo HLDS is 4.1.1.1 for win32 and 3.1.1.1 for linux, just in case ;)

Best answers
Zodiac Fighter said:
You can load it at www.fileplanet.com, you need to wait in line, but you will never encounter corrupted file here ... the latest version fo HLDS is 4.1.1.1 for win32 and 3.1.1.1 for linux, just in case ;)
Is there somewhere that I can download the WONid version of HLDS? Since www.fileplanet.com only lets you download the STEAM version. Respond soon plz..thx

Best answers
Zodiac Fighter said:
O_O This was Very unexpected.O_O
Someone actually responded..even after my thread died...whoa...
Thank you Very very much.;D

EDIT:
Ok, I just downloaded it, and realized I already have it installed, but 1. I don't know what to do with it once it's installed and 2. uhh...nvm, just one I think.:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom