error cl_dlls

Best answers
hi i'm new here and i'm trying to find out how to fix this problem with the cl_dlls client i looked at other treads before and i found this http://www.humpz0r.com/pafiledb/pafiledb.php but i have no idea how to download it????? help please is there any other way i can fix it!! its really pissing me off

Best answers
but there is one problem...

the link is broken! :S

oh, the link destroyer has arrived and has hit the link :devgrin:

Best answers
I'm new here too and I have the same problem. This links are broken. What should I do?

Best answers
Well, the link is working fine but I have a question. Is it for STEAM? Because I'm not using steam because I have the "CD Key was registered or invalid and bla bla bla" problem. Will it help me on WON?

-edit: And where do I put the fmod.dll file? into the cl_dlls folder?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
BullHorn said:
-edit: And where do I put the fmod.dll file? into the cl_dlls folder?
It goes into the "half-life" folder (on WON or Steam).

Best answers
the solution is right here o_O
get the fmod.dll and place it in the half-life folder to fix the canot load library client.dll problem

Best answers
i saw that you dont need cl_dll to play. I just change the dll to bak. but then it says that i had the wrong dll. now what

Best answers
Muskalade, one post at a time dude.

fmod.dll goes into your Half-life folder. Example C:\Sierra\Half-life
Not into your ESF folder. And removing your client dll won't help...

Best answers
Bihal, I tried that link for the updated fmod and it doesnt work. After I create a server it closes and the error comes up:

AppName: hl.exe AppVer: 1.1.1.0 ModName: fmod.dll
ModVer: 3.6.0.0 Offset: 0002352a

(in the windows program must close window) :cry:

Best answers
Really? That's a pretty cool looking error.

So, you're saying you DON'T have the updated fmod file, because the link didn't work, correct?

Best answers
I don't think any of you actually read any of the suggestions given in this post. You would rather have personal support, and that isn't going to happen.

If you're trying to play ESF on STEAM and are getting the dll error, you need to go to your OLD Half-Life or retail CS folder and find the fmod.dll file. Copy just that file. Go to your NEW Half-Life folder (C: \...\Steam\SteamApps\[email protected]\half-life) and PASTE the fmod.dll into it.

If you are running ESF on WON, go download the fmod.dll from the link above, and place it into your C: \SIERRA\Half-Life or C: \SIERRA\Counter-Strike folder.

If the problem persists, try updating your HL version by either downloading the current HL patch for WON or using the Update system built into STEAM.

Best answers
I tried everything. (im using WON) and now the error comes up about the fmod.
what is the link or site its on? imma start all over...

Best answers
Dude, if you are using WON, just reinstall HL or your retail CS. It'll reinstall that fmod.dll for you. Or you could just get on your disc and and pull it off from there.

Since you are using WON, I wouldn't download any fmod.dll -- they could be from some HL version that Steam updated.

Just reinstall HL from your cd and it should be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom