Epic Oozaru Idea!

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
You wouldnt need Animations when you fight an Giant Ape. Since hes a giant there wouldnt melee animations be needed. Just an Knockback effect + maybe -1 health etc...
My 2 cents... :p
Thats what I'd thinking. Just a giant ape slapping people around and shooting beams out his mouth.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Melee what?? His thumb? Thumb wars mode yayyy lol. U only need a knockback effect for the oozaru to put him on his ass and stun him for a lil while and the rest..if u try to melee him u should be knocked back like in Tenkaichi 3 when you try to rush the Oozarus

✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
I like this idea. This or Broly or Lord Slug...that would be awesome :D

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually.... We could do this in ESF 1.2.3 and test it out. We have an Oozaru model. If anyone is willing to code it and try it out. I know you had a **** ton of effects way back when .Maze.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually.... We could do this in ESF 1.2.3 and test it out. We have an Oozaru model. If anyone is willing to code it and try it out. I know you had a **** ton of effects way back when .Maze.
There is a working Oozaru transformation in EVM 1.2

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There is a working Oozaru transformation in EVM 1.2
Really? I didn't know that one. What character ?

But what I mean is give the Oozaru like... 2,000 HP with everyone else at base HP and just let them try and kill him and the Oozaru switches every time it dies. Give him a blow back like you had in EVM when powering up.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
But the thing is. Oozaru is gigantic. A perfect target for beams and any other KI attacks. The shoot and run away tactic is lethal for him. His size also prevents him from meleeing correctly so he himself is stuck trying to snipe really small targets with his beams, while the others can easily gang up on him and shot him from a distance due to his size.

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
That's why he should be an AI as he could have more accuracy with his beams and maybe a prediction model in his code. For added bzag you could make him insta-spawn beams instead of charging them as he would in the series really. U never saw the Oozaru charging beams he would just shoot them out of his mouth on demand. Or as another idea you could make his beams bend and follow targets or shoot multi-beams. That way you would have to hide and shoot at his back or something by flanking and stuff. There are many ways that it could work or balance this mode.

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Flanking in a game that has a radar and where you can pull off a 180 with a nudge of the mouse.

That aside we have beam lockon remember.

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, doing an oozaru mode would be easy...
with combo melee just dont use any hit animations and dont lock the two together. Grab n smash, same thing, no hit ani, just have the player push oozaru just like a beam struggle. Then give oozaru crazy beam attacks, like an instant beam from his mouth, a few finger lasers, then an AOE ki explosion just to make it harder to get in close. And a huge simple melee attack box so that anyone in its area is knocked back... pretty easy to do, in my head. But then again, I dont code.

Regardless, this game mode is not in our to do list. Was just stating my two cents :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeh but the oozaru there is small. should be as big as the small mountain in the old esf_cell games map the one where is next to the ring :). my opinion. some need to scale it.
Yeh i still have FXs but i dont really remember how to use them they way they were ment to use. i kinda lost what little amxx knowledge i had :p.
been a few year :p

@ darktooth
convince the team for a few fun modes like that :p

Only go forward sideways
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Do bots/AI use the radar to pinpoint ur location or do they check the coordinates of the player on the map? Obviously an Oozaru would turn slower because of his size. And does beam lockon mean certain beams follow players automatically ?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Beam lockon means that you can lock on to a person and the beam will follow that person round as long as you can keep your crosshair over that persons lock on indicator. If your aim leaves the indicator, the beam will realign itself to where you are aiming like it happens in 1.2.3

As for the bots. As far as i know they dont use the radar parse, but the radar and the bots kinda use the same way of pinpointing character locations.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Hmmm speaking of Broly mode , will ESF Final contain it?

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
If there's gonna be a boss mode, It would have to be tactical and death to the solo playas. I imagine If this big ape can produce a beam attack out of his mouth it would only chase 1 character, leaving other characters to easily finish it off quickly. I don't see what this ape could do to evade 2 melee fighters at once...Jump and spin? lol.

ORRRRR, you could make a collosseum like the roman's did and release the ape as the final boss so that every player could have reduced HP and more likely to be tired making it playable.

It should not work otherwise unless this ape is properly coordinated in terms of knowing where the players are and what he could do to defend himself.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
What I would like to see is a Map of the planet that the Saiyans were attacking... I would like to see that map with Oozaru's walking around thrashing about. Like in the background of the map where the outside of the map is.
I think this would be cool. Could have little ki attack explosions on them every now and then as if the population was defending itself. How much would having that in the background effect fps though? :(

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why should it matter? They're already making the game so incredibly good looking, they shouldn't hold anything back. ONLY THE LATEST & GREATEST DX12, Core i14 machine should be able to run it!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Brolly would be much simplier simply because the model wound't be that large

Red Saiyan Mod
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I just wanna see a giant ape with an insane amount of hit points and a ridiculously high power level shooting beams of death from his mouth.
It would be pretty sweet to have a huge boss to fight. In retrospect this may be a bad idea but I'm willing to follow it through.
Obviously this would be best implemented as an addon, most likely after ESF final has been released.

Also can we get some sharks with freakin laser beams on their heads? Comeon people work with me here.

Validated Steam Engine
🌈 Beta Tester
✔️ HL Verified
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Flying sharks with laser beams on their heads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom